The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app users thread (with facts and tips)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys sorry I'm late to this is this app the one you purchase from the Google App store just bought a Denon X3700H and want to give this a try.

Also there are up and down reviews on this do you run the app from your phone or reciever?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys sorry I'm late to this is this app the one you purchase from the Google App store just bought a Denon X3700H and want to give this a try.

Also there are up and down reviews on this do you run the app from your phone or reciever?
You run the app from a phone or tablet which can communicate with the receiver. Not all phones or tablets are compatible with the app. When you apply on Google Play for the purchase of the app, it lists the compatible phones and tablets.

If your smartphone dates from a couple of years, you might have to get a newer one. If so, you might as well put the money on the new PC based Audyssey MultEQ-X software instead, which is supposed to be easier to operate.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You run the app from a phone or tablet which can communicate with the receiver. Not all phones or tablets are compatible with the app. When you apply on Gogle Play for the purchase of the app, it lists the compatible phones and tablets. If your smartphone dates from a couple of years, you might have get a newer one.
Yeah I'm starting to get the hang of it looks like your phone uses the app to connect to the avr then you run Audyssey and it takes you from there if I'm correct

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah I'm starting to get the hang of it looks like your phone uses the app to connect to the avr then you run Audyssey and it takes you from there if I'm correct
Yes.

I edited my previous post to suggest the other option should your smartphone not be compatible with the app.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There's another app that some find helpful making fine adjustments called ratbuddyssey, too. That step up to the multieq-x is a $200 step up (or more if you get the special mic). I wish I could play with this stuff, but my Denons are too old....

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
There's another app that some find helpful making fine adjustments called ratbuddyssey, too. That step up to the multieq-x is a $200 step up (or more if you get the special mic). I wish I could play with this stuff, but my Denons are too old....
Thanks for the info

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yes.

I edited my previous post to suggest the other option should your smartphone not be compatible with the app.
Okay I tried to upload the files for the measurements but they wouldn't go from the app to my phone so I took some pics

20220528_211054.jpg
20220528_211257.jpg
20220528_211110.jpg

That's terrible Lol so if I want to limit the freq range do I adjust it from the app setting on the freq range and then go from there? I'd like to avoid correction from 500hz up Will it adjust to my reciever or do I need to adjust the frequency range and them rerun Audyssey with the app?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I was impressed with how smooth every thing went tho I'll listen to something and see what I get as is

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Now I'm confused I went into the AVR and it didn't update the info it's like I haven't run it at all let me try something

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok stupid me I didn't share the file after with my reciever

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
According to PENG, it's not necessary to get the special mic. The one supplied with the AVR is sufficient.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Now I'm seeing what is cool about using this app! The file downloaded right to my reciever

I can run multiple tests using different scenarios crossovers and configs save each 1 to a different preset then AB them and pick the one I like the most! Super cool!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Wow I don't even know if I want to set the correction at 500hz I like how this sounds right now!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
According to PENG, it's not necessary to get the special mic. The one supplied with the AVR is sufficient.
Wouldn't surprise me, and the "special" mic doesn't look all that great anyways :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wow I don't even know if I want to set the correction at 500hz I like how this sounds right now!
That's what I'd like to play with particularly, but I'd probably go lower, probably more in the 200-300 range....

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That's what I'd like to play with particularly, but I'd probably go lower, probably more in the 200-300 range....
Yeah and what's nice is it will be easy to do so the app is very easy to run and saving files to presets is easy

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah and what's nice is it will be easy to do so the app is very easy to run and saving files to presets is easy
That and that you have much more eq choices, can get rid of the bbc dip, limit frequency response, all make it pretty nice especially for $20 as long as you have a suitable phone/tablet to use....

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I use a Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse I connected to my iPhone for the Audyssey App. I have an Lightning to HDMI adapter so the App is on m 75" TV. I'm still mucking with it but I'm out of town for a few weeks, so it's on the back burner.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I use a Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse I connected to my iPhone for the Audyssey App. I have an Lightning to HDMI adapter so the App is on m 75" TV. I'm still mucking with it but I'm out of town for a few weeks, so it's on the back burner.
Have you checked out ratbudyssey? It'll run on your PC and you can load the .ady file to manipulate the curve at very specific frequencies a lot easier than the app.

It's pretty cool if you need to do some very specific tweaking.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Have you checked out ratbudyssey? It'll run on your PC and you can load the .ady file to manipulate the curve at very specific frequencies a lot easier than the app.

It's pretty cool if you need to do some very specific tweaking.
I'm out of town (rebuilding a large sundeck on the Family Cabin - a very slow and laborious process - I'm sore all over :rolleyes: ) for another week, so I haven't been tweaking anything but the 5.1 system here. It's not a capable receiver (Sony) to tweak with any App.

I may try ratbudyssey when I get home, but after I try the adjustment via the App on the X4400H. I ran some baseline graphs with REW, and there isn't too much "off" that I can see (other than the limits of my Subs for ultra low Bass.) If I can do some minor things in the App, that'll be about as far as I'll go. But if I don't get the results then perhaps a step up to ratbudyssey would be in order.

Wasn't there some controversy with the creator of ratbudyssey not having any receiver capable of running the App, and subbing out some programming to someone in Russia which went sour? Was that all sorted?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis