Tales From the Rabbit Hole

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Atmos/7.1/5.1...none of that REALLY matters to me, but like I said, for her I wanted to make the effort...so I'm making the effort. I've had this pre pro since DEC have have yet to listen to anything but 2 channel.

I hear ya. West is worst than Northeast, and northeast is worse than south when it comes to cost of living...lol

We still have friends in E. Brunswick and some up in Bergen County...Upper Montclair area.

I wouldn't call you crazy...lotta great parts to NJ...my wife is from a warm weather climate had never seen snow until we moved up there...we met/married in FL and I got a promotion to NYC. We both liked the city a lot, and I actually lived in Battery Pk City for about 6 mos until they kicked me out of the corp apartment...out of all the places we looked other 4 boros, LI, Conn, RedBank, Hoboken...central Jersey was the choice, we were 10 mins from Princeton campus. 1st 5 or 6 yrs, we got snow, but nothing major...then in '93 we got hit with a big one, then another one and coupled with the high cost of homes, she had enough.

I have to admit...I miss the food, but other than that it would be very difficult to get us back up there...the heat and humidity here sucks (not as bad a FL), but there's only one San Diego right?
Oh you love in San Diego? Oh that's like considered the best, most consistent weather in the country. I heard the city is gorgeous too. I hate cold weather so I often day dream of moving to Florida, Southern California, and Hawaii the most. I think I could be homeless in Hawaii and still be happy. We go to Bermuda ever couple of years on a cruise and I could get off and never get back on and just stay. I love that island.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Oh you love in San Diego? Oh that's like considered the best, most consistent weather in the country. I heard the city is gorgeous too. I hate cold weather so I often day dream of moving to Florida, Southern California, and Hawaii the most. I think I could be homeless in Hawaii and still be happy. We go to Bermuda ever couple of years on a cruise and I could get off and never get back on and just stay. I love that island.

SD is noted to be mid high 70s year round just about....when I was there it was spring...68 to 75 every day, low humidity.

You struck a nerve there Het!

I'd love to stay on this ride (income & quality of life) for another decade and I would be very content on the east end of St Croix in a little 2 bdrm spot with an ocean view...we're trying to buy a piece of land in the next year or two. The one pic is from my sis-n-law's front porch...very nice over looking the bay in Christensted. The other is watching the sun rise from the east end...talk about to die for.

There's a few things I come to work for everyday...to retire with that view every morning is one of them.

Christensted.JPG

stx east end.JPG

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre has been pretty quiet. Must be playing Christmas!!!!
Been on the phone. I can set up for delivery of my speakers for tomorrow, or go pick them up today. They have procedures though, and I'm trying to bypass them. S'posed to call them back in about 45 min or so.

Kinda pisses me off that I spent $1500 on these and can't just go pick them up. :mad:

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
SD is noted to be mid high 70s year round just about....when I was there it was spring...68 to 75 every day, low humidity.

You struck a nerve there Het!

I'd love to stay on this ride (income & quality of life) for another decade and I would be very content on the east end of St Croix in a little 2 bdrm spot with an ocean view...we're trying to buy a piece of land in the next year or two. The one pic is from my sis-n-law's front porch...very nice over looking the bay in Christensted. The other is watching the sun rise from the east end...talk about to die for.

There's a few things I come to work for everyday...to retire with that view every morning is one of them.

View attachment 21417

View attachment 21418
Yeah you got it. That's living right there. We are all suckers. Bermuda is just perfect to me. It's just gorgeous, it's not super duper hot, and it's Winters are nice an warm. I could be a landscaper and be happy there. Ah let the dreaming begin, and never end. We go on a cruise every year but every few years we go to Bermuda on one because we love it so much.

P

Puglover

Audioholic Intern
Been on the phone. I can set up for delivery of my speakers for tomorrow, or go pick them up today. They have procedures though, and I'm trying to bypass them. S'posed to call them back in about 45 min or so.

Kinda pisses me off that I spent $1500 on these and can't just go pick them up. :mad:
I would be pissed too!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The intentions are good. They want to make sure they go to the right person. They're saying they need permission from the seller to release them to me. Well, I have my driver's license with the delivery address on it, and I ALREADY PAID FOR THEM.

Worst case scenario I schedule for tomorrow evening. At best hopefully I'm leaving in about 45 min to go pick them up. They're not even that far from me right now.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just got a call from the seller. Looks like it's gonna happen today!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
The intentions are good. They want to make sure they go to the right person. They're saying they need permission from the seller to release them to me. Well, I have my driver's license with the delivery address on it, and I ALREADY PAID FOR THEM.

Worst case scenario I schedule for tomorrow evening. At best hopefully I'm leaving in about 45 min to go pick them up. They're not even that far from me right now.
This happens to me every time I buy an expensive piece of equipment. They leave a postage on the door to fill out to have them delivery it the next day without a signature but it's on me if it gets stolen. I think all of my speakers were delayed a day because of this. It sucks but what are you gonna do?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This happens to me every time I buy an expensive piece of equipment. They leave a postage on the door to fill out to have them delivery it the next day without a signature but it's on me if it gets stolen. I think all of my speakers were delayed a day because of this. It sucks but what are you gonna do?

Make some phone calls and make a little noise. I think it's gonna happen today.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Make some phone calls and make a little noise. I think it's gonna happen today.
Awesome, I never thought of that. I just waited and was very impatient doing so! I bet it happens when I order the Outlaw Model 976 processor too. It happens every time. Maybe I'll take the day off it's being delivered and make a whole home theater day of it. Actually on second thought I usually get it delivered very late. If I was guaranteed to get it really early in the day id take the day off to do that.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Awesome, I never thought of that. I just waited and was very impatient doing so! I bet it happens when I order the Outlaw Model 976 processor too. It happens every time. Maybe I'll take the day off it's being delivered and make a whole home theater day of it. Actually on second thought I usually get it delivered very late. If I was guaranteed to get it really early in the day id take the day off to do that.

I find most companies will waive the requirement for a signature if I ask them when I order it.
Of course that is not a good option if you don't live where you feel it would be secure sitting by the garage or on the porch.
Also note that UPS or FedEx often will not deliver without someone home if they feel it is unsafe to leave it. Apparently the driver has some discretionary control over that!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I find most companies will waive the requirement for a signature if I ask them when I order it.
Of course that is not a good option if you don't live where you feel it would be secure sitting by the garage or on the porch.
Also note that UPS or FedEx often will not deliver without someone home if they feel it is unsafe to leave it. Apparently the driver has some discretionary control over that!
I'm sure that's true. I live in a nice area but the signature is still needed. I'll look into foregoing it next time though.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm sure that's true. I live in a nice area but the signature is still needed. I'll look into foregoing it next time though.

Yeah, talk to Outlaw when you order your pre!
If you sign up for MyUPS, you can get text notice. I am often home and get a text before they get out of my driveway to let me know it has been delivered (if I don't hear the truck come up my drive).
If you are work, you can plan on coming down with an acute case of "Audious Interruptous" to need to go home as soon as you get the text!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, talk to Outlaw when you order your pre!
If you sign up for MyUPS, you can get text notice. I am often home and get a text before they get out of my driveway to let me know it has been delivered (if I don't hear the truck come up my drive).
If you are work, you can plan on coming down with an acute case of "Audious Interruptous" to need to go home as soon as you get the text!
Ya know I have heard of the ailment. I get it very, very often. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll thank to Outlaw when it comes time. That processor by the way looks like a beast.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Leaving now to go get them. Rush hour traffic is starting about now, so I might be gone a couple hours. Crossing my fingers!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
At least it's only 111 outside now. It hit 120 yesterday. I've passed several cars pulled off to the side of the road so far. Sheesh.

I am at a light. I am not posting and driving!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
At least it's only 111 outside now. It hit 120 yesterday. I've passed several cars pulled off to the side of the road so far. Sheesh.

I am at a light. I am not posting and driving!
Where exactly do you live? Heavy traffic area?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis