Tales From the Rabbit Hole

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I did run another calibration and everything is sounding awesome. I watched the first 3 episodes of American God's last night. I'm going to figure out a way to angle them down further or even make it work with stands... somehow.

*Pogre passes out :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No. I did not drill into my speakers. :p

I have them mounted too high for that 7° tilt. Even upside down my tweeters are way over my head. The little mounts for my Deftechs were more articulate and I was able to aim the tweeters right at me (or slightly above). I'm afraid if I mount them any lower someone is gonna crack their head open walking around the corner from the hallway. I can put a stand there close to the wall, there's room, but it's a high traffic area.
If it sounds good you may just want to leave it for awhile and sort of forget about it. I had surrounds mounted high in my old theater for the same reasons as you and never had an issue. I did have a bit more tilt to my mounts though.

If you find yourself getting annoyed after awhile then look for another solution. My $.02

P

Puglover

Audioholic Intern
I did run another calibration and everything is sounding awesome. I watched the first 3 episodes of American God's last night. I'm going to figure out a way to angle them down further or even make it work with stands... somehow.

*Pogre passes out :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No. I did not drill into my speakers. :p

I have them mounted too high for that 7° tilt. Even upside down my tweeters are way over my head. The little mounts for my Deftechs were more articulate and I was able to aim the tweeters right at me (or slightly above). I'm afraid if I mount them any lower someone is gonna crack their head open walking around the corner from the hallway. I can put a stand there close to the wall, there's room, but it's a high traffic area.
I hoped not, at least those are holding well I take. I have had some advice with mounts to drill into my speakers. Good to see yours are the kind I should check into.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hey ol buddy. The rabbit hole has been quiet lately. Wondering how life's been with those towers. American Gods E4 now.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey ol buddy. The rabbit hole has been quiet lately. Wondering how life's been with those towers. American Gods E4 now.
Loving the towers. I didn't need them or the amp, but I'm song number 4 with the volume at -5 right now and the Monolith is actually getting pretty warm. I'll probably do one more song at this volume then preserve the rest of my hearing.

When I would turn it up like this with my Ultra bookshelves, they handled it, but it was kinda like listening to a finely tuned engine revving close to the redline. I kept waiting for a part to pop off or something, lol. These towers are handling it just fine. I don't think they're breaking a sweat yet.

In other news, I just got an update to my Audyssey app editor. Ima go see what that's about.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That was anti-climactic. I have no idea what the update did just booting it up. I'm gonna take some measurements in a bit when I have the house to myself and see what's up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis