SVS Ultra Evolution Pinnacle Review

jinjuku

jinjuku

Started thread cleanup. If I have to clean up again I'll just Root Cause Analysis it and be done.

StoopidMonkey

StoopidMonkey

Audiophyte
@gene Will you be reviewing the Ultra Evolution Center channel as well? I'm really interested in seeing what the horizontal dispersion measurements look like on that thing.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
@gene Will you be reviewing the Ultra Evolution Center channel as well? I'm really interested in seeing what the horizontal dispersion measurements look like on that thing.
I think one of our reviewers has the center channel in for review along with the smaller towers.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Nope. Phantom works everywhere. Whether it's better or not seems to depend on the room.

Has Revel responded to you yet? Will they be changing their speaker design to get the weights to match since "No real need to get into graphs. It’s just about physics" - their speakers are obviously done wrong?
Phantom center is one of the things that has improved even more so with modern speakers that is not only noticeable, but inescapable. With the 12" SEOS horn speakers, it freaks me out how far off center I can move before it falls apart. I almost have to put my head right next to one speaker or the other.

I'm currently 2ft from a screen, 3ft away from each LR speaker. That complete phantom center image is what keeps me from needing to go beyond 2.1 channel systems, either for movies, music, or video games. Again most noticeable when there is a panned sound like a slow flying airplane that starts from behind, all the way across to the other side and off into the distance without any drop in the effect, even when moving one's head with it. In my case, a center speaker would be redundant.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis