Svs pb 2000pro not performing in small room

H

hardcore_gamer99

Audiophyte
I just received this sub. My room is 11x11 only. I have denon x4800h sony oled Dali opticon 2 FLR and pansonic 4k player. I did subwoofer crawl 3 times. When i put it randomly between fronts it was complete NULL no bass in my sitting position. Then did crawl 2nd time deep bass was good but mid bass was zero. My settings are LFE and crossover to 80hz. In 1 place hollywood movie like spectre opening scene deep bass is good but same place my indian bluray does not give good bass there. Wtf is happening? I cant belive pb 2000pro not performing in small room it must give chest pounding bass
OVERALL I AM NOT HAPPY

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Samurai
The square dimensions aren't doing you any favors at all, they are notoriously tough to work with particularly with a single sub.

My office is a bit more forgiving, but similarly small in area. I went from a somewhat larger single sub to a pair of slightly more modest subs (still plenty enough for the small room) and got better results.

Maybe return the pb2000 for a pair of pb1000? Small rooms get a lot of cabin gain, so sealed subs with their shallower roll off are an option without sacrificing extension. So if space is limited, a pair of sb1000 is a viable alternative.

Probably not the feedback you wanted to hear. Sorry, man. But square rooms are not ideal.

Matt34

Matt34

A couple small sealed subs like the sb 1000/2000 would give you more placement options and benefit from room gain in that small space.

Would really need to see some measurements to see what's really going on.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I just received this sub. My room is 11x11 only. I have denon x4800h sony oled Dali opticon 2 FLR and pansonic 4k player. I did subwoofer crawl 3 times. When i put it randomly between fronts it was complete NULL no bass in my sitting position. Then did crawl 2nd time deep bass was good but mid bass was zero. My settings are LFE and crossover to 80hz. In 1 place hollywood movie like spectre opening scene deep bass is good but same place my indian bluray does not give good bass there. Wtf is happening? I cant belive pb 2000pro not performing in small room it must give chest pounding bass
OVERALL I AM NOT HAPPY
The trouble is your square room. It gives reflections that are all time aligned and reflections all arrive at the same spots and in some areas will be antiphase and cancel and you get a null, in other areas will reinforce and you get a peak. You may well need four subs carefully spaced and times. 11 X 11 is just about a worse case scenario.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis