D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I cannot wait to see some measurements on these

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Also it's good to see SVS stepping up their game their speaker designs especially were getting a bit old

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Also it's good to see SVS stepping up their game their speaker designs especially were getting a bit old
Looking forward to some new subs! Pretty sure it won’t be until later in the year.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Haven’t watched this yet. Hope it works!
I saw $3-5k for the range. Also saw something about active drivers. Yikes…
Definitely will look further into these. I like the looks too. Should be available in February I believe.
Ah. They must be showing at the CES.

Gawd, please... don't go all gimmicky. *fingers crossed

We don't need another DefTech / Golden Ear competitor. :rolleyes:

I don't really have a problem with a hybrid active/passive design. Especially considering the reports of how easy their support is.
Just concerned about the Di-pole look. With Woofers, it could serve to create a Cardioid dispersion which may be a win...

Gonna have to wait and see...

What's Ed's username? Perhaps we can summon him for an early preview tease? :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

I don't really have a problem with a hybrid active/passive design. Especially considering the reports of how easy their support is.
Just concerned about the Di-pole look. With Woofers, it could serve to create a Cardioid dispersion which may be a win...

Very curious indeed!
I believe it’s…
@Ed Mullen

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This link showed up over on ASR:

(And here is the currently very brief conversation on ASR:
)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Those arent bipole or dipole. I believe they are dual opposing woofers

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Those arent bipole or dipole. I believe they are dual opposing woofers
Just my instinct when I saw the Drivers mounted on back.

Dual Opposed, or as I suggested, perhaps they are creating a cardioid effect if crossed low enough... But this would also bring some placement concerns...
Regardless, no judgment comments... just hoping and wishing for something new and strong in the market!

I recall seeing many instances of the old Ultra Towers throwing Phase faults in Room Correction measurements. IIRC, @Pogre had it happen to him, too, back in the day.

(Speaking of which... Pogre!!! If you are still out there buddy, hope you are well!!!)

Anyway...
I'm excited to see some official reports and hopefully the team here at AH will be getting some samples! C'mon @gene ... If @shadyJ has time to build his own Speaker kit to test, you need to send him more gear to measure! :p :D :cool:

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
They look cool. Said they’d be available by the end of March. Looking forward to the reviews.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
SVS Announces New Flagship Speaker Line Ultra Evolution Series
900x450.jpg

SVS has announced the new replacements for their venerable Ultra series which is appropriately titled the “Ultra Evolution” series. These speakers make some major changes to the outgoing series and scarcely resemble the prior designs. Indeed, revolution might be a better word for the scale of these changes than evolution. Read our preview to get a sneak peak at what SVS has cooked up...

READ: SVS Announces New Flagship Speaker Line Ultra Evolution Series

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
View attachment 65258

SVS has announced the new replacements for their venerable Ultra series which is appropriately titled the “Ultra Evolution” series. These speakers make some major changes to the outgoing series and scarcely resemble the prior designs. Indeed, revolution might be a better word for the scale of these changes than evolution. Read our preview to get a sneak peak at what SVS has cooked up...

Awesome. Thank you, @shadyJ

O

oniiz86

Enthusiast
View attachment 65258

@shadyJ Thanks for the wonderful article James, you mentioned "The Ultra Evolution series is scheduled to go on sale sometime during the first quarter of 2023 although no exact date has been announced.", I know 2024 has just arrived with 2023 still fresh in our minds ;)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
@shadyJ Thanks for the wonderful article James, you mentioned "The Ultra Evolution series is scheduled to go on sale sometime during the first quarter of 2023 although no exact date has been announced.", I know 2024 has just arrived with 2023 still fresh in our minds ;)
LOL James it stuck in the past. I moved us forward and corrected it.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
LOL James it stuck in the past. I moved us forward and corrected it.
You know how long it's going to take me to remember to start dating my checks with a 24? It'll probably start doing it in 2027.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
View attachment 65258

Awesome writeup Shady!!!!! Thanks for getting on this so quick and breaking down how the design aspects help to improve the sound. I can't wait to see how these test!!!!

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
View attachment 65258

Thanks James. Looking forward to your reviews of the series. Love SVS equipment hopefully they have another winning lineup!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis