S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
That iPhone App does look cool. Does the 3000 have that too?
The only SVS subs that do not have the app is the 1000 series. But I am guessing they will get the app when that line is refreshed, maybe a year or so from now, if SVS's product launch trends hold.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I don’t think the NSD’s drivers are as good so the “quality” as you say wouldn’t be as good, and I believe the fv18’s would be much more efficient giving them the edge in headroom.
The NSD drivers were actually very good. They were based on the Peerless XXLS series which were some of the lowest inductance and most linear 12"s you could get. They didn't have huge excursion but they had excellent fidelity out of the box. These drivers still sell for over $200 each. They certainly did not need a feedback circuit to maintain low distortion.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think the 4000’s are really great and I also own SVS. The CS is the best, and the app has a lot of potential. I think I’m going down a side road though. To be clear, I’m an SVS fan, and owner. I just wasn’t impressed with the 2000 Pro thing. Maybe they’re better than I think, and I’ll eat my hat. Lol
There using that new type of driver they use for the 3000 series also there going with an overhung design rather then the under ones they use on there higher up models which makes me suspect a little more midbass output and that same split voice coil as in the 3000 series

I think they caught on to something with the 3000 series and it's why they're replicating it with this line.

I loved my old PB 2000's I need an upgrade for my bedroom any way so before Christmas or right around that time I believe I'll order one may be two for the bedroom and I'll let you guys know what I think

With they're generous return policy I have nothing to lose

I'll keep you guys posted

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I doubt most people would choose to have more than 4 subs on purpose. Maybe @Danzilla31 would if they were the PB4000 because of the triple ports. :)
I am eventually putting four subs in The theater room it will just be 2 pc 4000's for space saving I think they'll pair up pretty well with the 4000's

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
On a serious note I'm wondering if the new PB 2000 pro will have any improvements on actual performance

The double ports the new special drivers would any of that yield any improvements possibly Shady?
The 2000 Pro series isn't likely to be a worse performer than the outgoing 2000s. I did email asking SVS what kind of performance difference we can expect, we will see what they say. Sadly I won't be able to measure these things for awhile.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The 2000 Pro series isn't likely to be a worse performer than the outgoing 2000s. I did email asking SVS what kind of performance difference we can expect, we will see what they say. Sadly I won't be able to measure these things for awhile.
BUT! You did measure the 3000 series know didn't you? You sly devil you :D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
There using that new type of driver they use for the 3000 series also there going with an overhung design rather then the under ones they use on there higher up models which makes me suspect a little more midbass output and that same split voice coil as in the 3000 series

I think they caught on to something with the 3000 series and it's why they're replicating it with this line.

I loved my old PB 2000's I need an upgrade for my bedroom any way so before Christmas or right around that time I believe I'll order one may be two for the bedroom and I'll let you guys know what I think
No split-wind coil in the 2000 Pros. It is an overhung design. Only the PC/PB-4000 and PB16-Ultra have underhung motors.
BUT! You did measure the 3000 series know didn't you? You sly devil you :D
Yes, I measured them. Hopefully that review will be published soon.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You guys all know I'm big on SVS. I really do wish they had something in the same price/performance range as say, the VTF-3 MK5. I just can't afford what they have that offers the same performance. I'm with Bill in that it's hard to recommend SVS anymore to those looking for a sub on a budget.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
You guys all know I'm big on SVS. I really do wish they had something in the same price/performance range as say, the VTF-3 MK5. I just can't afford what they have that offers the same performance. I'm with Bill in that it's hard to recommend SVS anymore to those looking for a sub on a budget.
In that case it would be hard to recommend any sub other than the VTF3.5 for anyone on a budget. There is no other sub from any ID manufacturer that can compete with it db/extention/$$. Not Rythmik, not PSA, certainly not JTR or Seaton and not even Monoprice.

There's more for most people in value than just numbers on a meter.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
In that case it would be hard to recommend any sub other than the VTF3.5 for anyone on a budget. There is no other sub from any ID manufacturer that can compete with it db/extention/$$. Not Rythmik, not PSA, certainly not JTR or Seaton and not even Monoprice.

There's more for most people in value than just numbers on a meter.
Well if the Monoprice Monolith 15 is on sale, that would work... LOL :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
At 1k each, delivered, the x-13 becomes a GREAT buy! It’s a very good sub, regardless... but at that price it’s stunning. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah. Didn’t expect that!
I had been thinking, recently, that we hadn't seen or heard of anything from SVS since they released their little Toy-3000 Micro not-a-Sub.

This is intriguing.

I really hope they addressed some of the criticism about their SQ being a little bright in the high end.

Totally dig the look, and the Focal-esque design without the added complexity of the individual sections. Gonna be pricey.
But the biggest thing I think I like is that Ultra Evolution Pinnacle. That looks like probably 2-10" Woofers , 2-6" Mids...
That looks like a legit full-ranger. Hopefully there aren't any gimmicks, as I see what looks like a Di- or Bi- Pole rear facing driver on the one model.

Sadly, the SVS Website doesn't have anything yet that I saw on a shallow dive.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Haven’t watched this yet. Hope it works!
I saw $3-5k for the range. Also saw something about active drivers. Yikes…
Definitely will look further into these. I like the looks too. Should be available in February I believe.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis