NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I was thinking since their flagship line up are ultras 13" and 16", maybe there next step is dual 19" or if they are going huge 21"
I'd think they'd be more likely to go dual 16's or 13's since they already have drivers in that size.

SwedishChef

SwedishChef

Junior Audioholic
I already bought far too many subwoofers in the past few months. I can't buy more. I really can't... can I?

But I can't decide if I'd rather they release something I'm definitely NOT interested in, or if I'd rather have it be something that would tempt me anyway... ;)

Hamid Khan

Hamid Khan

Junior Audioholic
I'd think they'd be more likely to go dual 16's or 13's since they already have drivers in that size.
This is also a possibility, who knows, you might have hit the nail on it head.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
OK, you've obviously thought about it more than I have! ;)
Actually I just started typing kind of on a whim. I did a quick proofread and liked it!!! lol

I was thinking since their flagship line up are ultras 13" and 16", maybe there next step is dual 19" or if they are going huge 21"
I doubt they’ll ever go bigger than 18”, but it’s fun to think about.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This is also a possibility, who knows, you might have hit the nail on it head.
I think a dual 16” would be great. I’d like to see also a PC16 Ultra but I read that SVS engineers didn’t like the weight or something. They could almost do an LLT with the ultra in a sonotube. That might be fun!!!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a feeling it's some dual driver monster to raise the bar again. How cool would it be if they introduce a new heavy hitter to compete along the lines with the VTF-3 MK5? They definitely have subs that do performance wise, but not so much price wise. I'd love to complete the set with SVS subs but what I'd want right now is way out of budget compared to what I was able to get with Hsu.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Does the crate in the image tell us ANYTHING??? The elusive PC3000? A dual opposed cylinder? I like the idea of a dual driver... hmmm... would they go bigger?
¡Err-Ma-Gosh!
What could it be!??!!!

BTW... any word yet on the new Hsu that Shady "didn't" hint about in the AXPONA coverage? (Since we're talking about new top secret subs) ;)

Hamid Khan

Hamid Khan

Junior Audioholic
I have a feeling it's some dual driver monster to raise the bar again. How cool would it be if they introduce a new heavy hitter to compete along the lines with the VTF-3 MK5? They definitely have subs that do performance wise, but not so much price wise. I'd love to complete the set with SVS subs but what I'd want right now is way out of budget compared to what I was able to get with Hsu.
It would be interesting if they are engineering a double woofer sub to compete with the popular brands as PSA, Rhythmic, Monolith, HSU, etc

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Does the crate in the image tell us ANYTHING??? The elusive PC3000? A dual opposed cylinder? I like the idea of a dual driver... hmmm... would they go bigger?
¡Err-Ma-Gosh!
What could it be!??!!!

BTW... any word yet on the new Hsu that Shady "didn't" hint about in the AXPONA coverage? (Since we're talking about new top secret subs) ;)
Tarrifs are making things crazy to bring a new product to market at the moment. It may be awhile before Hsu's dual 15" becomes available, sadly. But hey, you can always just buy a ULS-15 dual drive in the meantime!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They really love their 12" woofers don't they? Where's my 15" beast for $750?

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
Call me daft, but why wouldn't someone just go with a 3000. Might as well at that money or just go HSU. Only thing that caught my eye is the PC with the app conrtrol.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

NOT what I was expecting. Or hoping for...
I think the PB16-Ultra is as about as far as SVS will go for a mega-sub. Keep in mind that SVS deals all over the world, and the logistics of manufacturing a 200 lbs+ behemoth is expensive and complicated. Anyway, a better approach to subwoofage is multiple small subs, not one or two gigantic subs. Monster subs aren't all that great, unless you only have one location to put a sub so you might as well make it the most powerful sub that you can afford.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think the PB16-Ultra is as about as far as SVS will go for a mega-sub. Keep in mind that SVS deals all over the world, and the logistics of manufacturing a 200 lbs+ behemoth is expensive and complicated. Anyway, a better approach to subwoofage is multiple small subs, not one or two gigantic subs. Monster subs aren't all that great, unless you only have one location to put a sub so you might as well make it the most powerful sub that you can afford.
This has been my thinking recently. I have my 2 spots but only one of those are really effective and measures okay. The one on the right measures horribly. I've been wondering if I'd be any better off with some dual beast in the prime spot on the left. I've even considered stacking both of mine on the left.

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
Why not stack the two you have and see if it really does make a difference.

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
I did but didn't run a setup because I didn't like the way they looked.
I get that, but it would let you have a taste of what a single Monster sub might be like in your sweet spot?

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I get that, but it would let you have a taste of what a single Monster sub might be like I your sweet spot?
Oh sure, and I might yet. I've been getting the itch to bust out the mic and boot up rew again. Now is the time of year for me to do it too because the hvac barely runs in the winter out here. Maybe this weekend. If it's a big ear opener I'd consider leaving them that way.

Realistically I have no plans on getting anything new tho. Just a thought I had.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis