SVS big price increases!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hey, I thought we agreed to lay it all on SVS. If Dems really cared, they'd have gone to town on the TCJA. Their "rescue" plans are only making it worse. Whores, the lot of them. Don't kid yourselves.
It's still all on SVS bro they're lobbying our Congress right now as we speak!!! Damn you SVS!!!!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It's just not the right time to rebuild its the point of some of the posters in this thread. We're going to get hit with inflation supply chain shortages labor shortages it's just not a good time to Crack open the credit card book and just throwing out more money made out of thin air.

And I don't care what they say anything they pass is going to get taxed on all of us not the rich. We're already getting hit with the inflation from the pandemic. The average person just doesn't need to get hit anymore right now
A big part of The New Deal was Roosevelt and company creating programs to create jobs and other relief and reform measures to aid in pulling America out of the Great Depression.
Many economists feel we are on the cusp of a crash that may dwarf that.
Is it possible to prevent? What might it take?
I don't think any of us have experienced anything like that in our lifetimes. Considering how many people are pro-DUMB, I suspect there are more than a few who think the Depression was a Hoax.
We have all seen a Recession or two... maybe even three. But a full blown complete financial collapse?

Cr@p, I did it again. Sorry, Treb. Blame SVS. It's really all they are good for now that they have raised their prices! :p

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
A big part of The New Deal was Roosevelt and company creating programs to create jobs and other relief and reform measures to aid in pulling America out of the Great Depression.
Many economists feel we are on the cusp of a crash that may dwarf that.
Is it possible to prevent? What might it takwill e?
I don't think any of us have experienced anything like that in our lifetimes. Considering how many people are pro-DUMB, I suspect there are more than a few who think the Depression was a Hoax.
We have all seen a Recession or two... maybe even three. But a full blown complete financial collapse?

Cr@p, I did it again. Sorry, Treb. Blame SVS. It's really all they are good for now that they have raised their prices! :p
It's okay bro I know it's SVS causing this not you ;)

The question is will the new spending create the same effect that FDR and his plans did on creating job growth and economic recovery.

You can't always throw money at a problem. You also mentioned a key point of interest to me creating jobs. We're not having an issue of jobs at this point. The opposite in fact. We can't get enough people back into work

Despite massive efforts by companies to get them to do so. Not exactly the same issue. FDR had to create the infrastructure the infrastructure right now is there in the job sector there are jobs available. And right now they're desperate for worker

Edit don't forget the initial effort by FDR was the investment he didn't have to pass a 4 trillion relief bill and then spend even more to get past it . That's a big game changer right there

If they pass the bill right now that's over 7 trillion dollars of monopoly money basically getting through into the landscape. Can what they create outpace the inflation and other issues that will arise from it?

But alas this is too much thinking right now

It's still SVS fault! ;)

Dan you SVS! :D

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It's okay bro I know it's SVS causing this not you ;)

The question is will the new spending create the same effect that FDR and his plans did on creating job growth and economic recovery.

You can't always throw money at a problem. You also mentioned a key point of interest to me creating jobs. We're not having an issue of jobs at this point. The opposite in fact. We can't get enough people back into work

Despite massive efforts by companies to get them to do so. Not exactly the same issue. FDR had to create the infrastructure the infrastructure right now is there in the job sector there are jobs available. And right now they're desperate for worker

Edit don't forget the initial effort by FDR was the investment he didn't have to pass a 4 trillion relief bill and then spend even more to get past it . That's a big game changer right there

If they pass the bill right now that's over 7 trillion dollars of monopoly money basically getting through into the landscape. Can what they create outpace the inflation and other issues that will arise from it?

But alas this is too much thinking right now

It's still SVS fault! ;)

Dan you SVS! :D
There was no guarantee that what FDR did was going to work... ;)

To your point about jobs, all I can say is that as a long time Service Industry guy, what I see is a huge group of people (both in and outside Service Industry) that are tired of the status quo. Most of us have been worked to the bone with nowhere to go but more work. The answer isn't more 60 and 80 hour work weeks for what amounts to shift pay.
I don't know what everybody else is doing, but I'm trying my hand at new things. Building stuff, starting to work with wood, learning a CAD program...
Will that get me anywhere? Dunno, but as long as it's not slinging food or beverage at an increasingly ungrateful and rambunctious, temper-tantrum throwing toddler of a society, I'll be fine with it.
I think it was the MD that took his mask off in the cafe while SIP was the rule, hanging out and chatting and spreading his Stupids all over... he, getting up in my face for telling him to put his mask on or take his drink outside and saying I was rude... Well, he should have his license revoked and be out of a job too... He is what brok this camels back. I was quite honestly waiting for our Owner to show up with an email telling me I needed to apologize to that enema-nozzle or lose my job. (Didn't happen, and my staff was fully on my side, too.)
*shrugs

Sadly, the system is broken.

I'm not lining up for universal income. Wouldn't be a bad thing done right...

But, I think people do want to work, but it needs to mean something more than what it does, still. Ya, the paycheck at the end of the work week and all, but shuffling emails and digital files through inboxes and outboxes is still pretty f'n meaningless and soul sucking.

I'm short on answers right now; idealistic solutions. My Give-A-Fcuk is running on empty. *sighs

I've got a huge pile of jobs and work to do over the next 2-3 weeks that will yet again keep me from building my Subwoofers.

That's the real crime.

And SVS raised their Fcuking PRICES! @$$HOLES! :p

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Damn RSL has an announcement stating they may not be able to keep the prices down on the Speedwoofer subs. For them to be forced to up prices after they already increased it that's saying it

Damnit SVS!!!! Look what you've made RSL do!!!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
There was no guarantee that what FDR did was going to work... ;)

To your point about jobs, all I can say is that as a long time Service Industry guy, what I see is a huge group of people (both in and outside Service Industry) that are tired of the status quo. Most of us have been worked to the bone with nowhere to go but more work. The answer isn't more 60 and 80 hour work weeks for what amounts to shift pay.
I don't know what everybody else is doing, but I'm trying my hand at new things. Building stuff, starting to work with wood, learning a CAD program...
Will that get me anywhere? Dunno, but as long as it's not slinging food or beverage at an increasingly ungrateful and rambunctious, temper-tantrum throwing toddler of a society, I'll be fine with it.
I think it was the MD that took his mask off in the cafe while SIP was the rule, hanging out and chatting and spreading his Stupids all over... he, getting up in my face for telling him to put his mask on or take his drink outside and saying I was rude... Well, he should have his license revoked and be out of a job too... He is what brok this camels back. I was quite honestly waiting for our Owner to show up with an email telling me I needed to apologize to that enema-nozzle or lose my job. (Didn't happen, and my staff was fully on my side, too.)
*shrugs

Sadly, the system is broken.

I'm not lining up for universal income. Wouldn't be a bad thing done right...

But, I think people do want to work, but it needs to mean something more than what it does, still. Ya, the paycheck at the end of the work week and all, but shuffling emails and digital files through inboxes and outboxes is still pretty f'n meaningless and soul sucking.

I'm short on answers right now; idealistic solutions. My Give-A-Fcuk is running on empty. *sighs

I've got a huge pile of jobs and work to do over the next 2-3 weeks that will yet again keep me from building my Subwoofers.

That's the real crime.

And SVS raised their Fcuking PRICES! @$$HOLES! :p
Yeah I feel you. The world's full of aholes man. Im really sorry you had to go through that. I personally think it's always been that way its just now a lot more accepted in society for some reason you somehow have the right to let out your inner a- hole on people for some self serving reason

I LOVE my job but it's super intense and getting shot at stabbed spit on kicked bit having to go in for STD tests after they get blood all over you or you got stuck with a needle the nurse shot the psych patient with HIV with in the middle of a code yeeeeaaah that stuff is not always fun

But I'd rather do that then ever be put on some damn fixed income. I'd rather work then be handed out money to just basically vegetate man.

You did say something uplifting and that is your trying new options to give you some freedom from stuff your stuck in.

And even with its problems our society can still give you the freedom to go after that

The system isn't completely broken does need some improving bro

Good luck with the new stuff your trying and hopefully you get to those subs

Oh and F@#% YOU SVS!!!!! :D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah I'd like to say it's all on the Republicans like the media wants to spin it but there are things the democrats are asking for that they are making a stand against. Reading through the bills I can understand the conflict.

Besides I'm doubtful either party will let the situation crash. The stuff going on right now is posturing between both parties before they compromise. It's happened before we've even had government shutdowns for weeks until they get it done but they'll get it done

The bottom line though a massive spending bill after a pandemic that left our economy gutted tax revenue down and people hurting financially and a major labor shortage too boot is just bad timing especially with inflation on the rise

It's just not a smart plan at this time period I don't care whose pushing it
You are confused what this is about. The debt ceiling needs to be increased because of past legislation of expenditures by Congress and US currently runs a deficit, thus the need for financing using debt. When that can't happen US government shuts down, including various payments to it's citizens. Go on a little further and USA will default on it's debt. Pretty soon we'll have a world wide crisis in a pandemic.

The GOP is deeply irresponsible and quite frankly dangerous. Nothing new there as GOP don't care that it's citizens dies by the hundred of thousands when there are easy and safe remedies available.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre
Did you sell your SVS Ultras? What did you do instead? I'm intrigued
Ascend Acoustics Sierra ribbon towers! I stumbled across a pair of very heavily discounted Sierra 2 books on craigslist and was impressed enough to sell my Ultras and get the matching towers and center channel.

8675.jpeg

I got a new nearfield toy too...

8673.jpeg

Last edited:
H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
You are confused what this is about. The debt ceiling needs to be increased because of past legislation of expenditures by Congress and US currently runs a deficit, thus the need for financing using debt. When that can't happen US government shuts down, including various payments to it's citizens. Go on a little further and USA will default on it's debt. Pretty soon we'll have a world wide crisis in a pandemic.

The GOP is deeply irresponsible and quite frankly dangerous. Nothing new there as GOP don't care that it's citizens dies by the hundred of thousands when there are easy and safe remedies available.
Don't forget inciting a violent insurrection that they now claim was "just some tourists".

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

And it is what it is

this happens every 4 years so unfortunately us Americans have gotten used to the political posturing. But once you get past the news versions from both right and left news outlets and do your digging the impasse isn't over extending the ceiling it's over other issues that they are trying to pack in there. Which always happens with every bill.

They'll work it out or they won't. I'm beyond caring at this point. Political back and forth with these 2 parties is getting beyond old.

But I predict because this is what usually happens they'll push it right to the edge government might even shut down for a few weeks so both parties can say they did all they could and then and only then they will finally pass a workable bill.

That's usually what happens

Now if your right and they don't well it's all screwed anyway so what's the point in worrying about it. I mean until we can vote in 2022 what can any average citizen do at this point except brace for impact

It would be the death of the right if they caused our economy to crash and I'm skeptical that they would be that stupid. My money is placed on betting that they are posturing but you might be right they could be that dumb

After the last 2 years anything is possible

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

And they've already averted the shutdown they will get it done but this narrative that it's just Republicans holding up the bill is total bullsh$t progressives on the left are just as much to blame. They are asking for too much both parties are already willing to go with a 1 trillion dollar infrastructure bill but some parts of the left party want the whole 3.5 trillion ball of wax and that's not going to happen at this point. Really it shouldn't happen

That's literally 7 trillion dollars in 2 years they're are trying to artificially boost into the economy. Inflation is already hitting on the last one that's ridiculous should they spend yeah but not that much they gotta tighten up on the checkbook sooner or later and cut out the pork

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

And its still all SVS's fault!!! DAMN YOU SVS!!!
:D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

And they've already averted the shutdown they will get it done but this narrative that it's just Republicans holding up the bill is total bullsh$t progressives on the left are just as much to blame. They are asking for too much both parties are already willing to go with a 1 trillion dollar infrastructure bill but some parts of the left party want the whole 3.5 trillion ball of wax and that's not going to happen at this point. Really it shouldn't happen

That's literally 7 trillion dollars in 2 years they're are trying to artificially boost into the economy. Inflation is already hitting on the last one that's ridiculous should they spend yeah but not that much they gotta tighten up on the checkbook sooner or later and cut out the pork
You still don't get it as the debt ceiling is for past legislated expenses that the government by law has to abide by! You claim to be an independent, but ..., you still have a brain of your own!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You still don't get it as the debt ceiling is for past legislated expenses that the government by law has to abide by! You claim to be an independent, but ..., you still have a brain for your own!
Bro your the one that doesn't get it. And I don't mean this disrespectfuly I know sometimes people try to bash you with this sometimes but maybe it's because your not living here?

Every time they have to vote on raising the debt ceiling this happens. And it always happens because one party or the other or both adds in extra stuff. And they fight over it. They push it right up to the edge to try to leverage compromises from the other party and vice versa.

It's like when democrats flew to Washington from Texas after leaving there session to push back on some things the Republican majority were going to pass. They knew full well it couldn't last forever but that wasn't the point. The point was to gain attention to certain issues and leverage as much compromise as they could

The government has been shut down before the fact they extended this till December tells me both parties are willing and want to make a deal

It's nothing new it usually comes down to a bunch of grandstanding and then they pass something

This time its because the dems want to push a 3.5 trillion bill with all sorts of stuff in there that really should be taken a deeper look at. And quiet frankly that's a huge step there should probably be some compromising on that big of a plan that could have very difficult to predict complicated effects on our economy

I know some people want to push this narrative that one parties this or one parties that but on this issue bro looking at it as an independent voter I can tell you from living in America that this old news to us they've gone through it before up in Washington they'll go through it again

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Bro your the one that doesn't get it. And I don't mean this disrespectfuly I know sometimes people try to bash you with this sometimes but maybe it's because your not living here?

Every time they have to vote on raising the debt ceiling this happens. And it always happens because one party or the other or both adds in extra stuff. And they fight over it. They push it right up to the edge to try to leverage compromises from the other party and vice versa.

It's like when democrats flew to Washington from Texas after leaving there session to push back on some things the Republican majority were going to pass. They knew full well it couldn't last forever but that wasn't the point. The point was to gain attention to certain issues and leverage as much compromise as they could

The government has been shut down before the fact they extended this till December tells me both parties are willing and want to make a deal

It's nothing new it usually comes down to a bunch of grandstanding and then they pass something

This time its because the dems want to push a 3.5 trillion bill with all sorts of stuff in there that really should be taken a deeper look at. And quiet frankly that's a huge step there should probably be some compromising on that big of a plan that could have very difficult to predict complicated effects on our economy

I know some people want to push this narrative that one parties this or one parties that but on this issue bro looking at it as an independent voter I can tell you from living in America that this old news to us they've gone through it before up in Washington they'll go through it again
Oh and F@#$ you SVS!!! LMFAO :D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

Yet again you throw at me that I'm a foreigner not living in USA, but I'm still far more informed about this matter than you are, as in several other matters as well.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yet again you throw at me that I'm a foreigner not living in USA, but I'm still far more informed about this matter than you are, as in several other matters as well.
Your being way to sensitive about that but I get it as some people try to throw it in your face sometimes which I'm not trying to do.

I'm just saying you've never been here and gone through one of these standoffs so you may not get the context.

It's like me saying I'm better educated about an issue in your country and your like Dan I hear what your saying and I see what it looks like but I'm telling you stuff like this plays out all the time over here I know because I live here

This is connected to the 3.5 trillion package and Republicans are stonewalling for leverage they'll get some things they want compromised but not all of them and this legislation and the infrastructure package will eventually get passed maybe with changes but it'll get passed

Both parties have used this tactic in the past its all been played out before

Damn you SVS!!! Look at what you've made Congress do !!!!! I'm so upset :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Your being way to sensitive about that but I get it as some people try to throw it in your face sometimes which I'm not trying to do.

I'm just saying you've never been here and gone through one of these standoffs so you may not get the context.

It's like me saying I'm better educated about an issue in your country and your like Dan I hear what your saying and I see what it looks like but I'm telling you stuff like this plays out all the time over here I know because I live here

This is connected to the 3.5 trillion package and Republicans are stonewalling for leverage they'll get some things they want compromised but not all of them and this legislation and the infrastructure package will eventually get passed maybe with changes but it'll get passed

Both parties have used this tactic in the past its all been played out before

Damn you SVS!!! Look at what you've made Congress do !!!!! I'm so upset :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p
I thought this thread was in the SteamVent, but not so to my little horror of delight! But I do find it redundant to yet again explain to you why I'm right :p

That said, whenever you play the "alien knows nothing" card I'm going to smack you down in all friendliness.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I thought this thread was in the SteamVent, but not so to my little horror of delight! But I do find it redundant to yet again explain to you why I'm right :p

That said, whenever you play the "alien knows nothing" card I'm going to smack you down in all friendliness.
That would be a violation of the Laws of Jante. You call yourself Swedish?:rolleyes:;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis