SVS big price increases!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe I'm just slow to the news but I was just on the SVS website and holy cow the prices on every speaker and sub is going on by a lot. The Prime Elevation I noticed 50 bucks each and was like, OK huh. Them I checked the Ultra Bookshelf and that is going up 100 bucks each, you are talking 1,200 bucks for a pair of bookshelf speakers when it was 999.99. The Prime Pinnacle is going up to 899.99 each, that is pretty pricey too but the biggest gains are the subs, the PB-2000 Pro I bought last spring is going up to 1,099.99! o_O That is way too high, the new PB-1000 Pro is going up to 799.99. I think they pricing themselves out of a lot of budgets. I mean I could see 50 bucks on everything but 200 bucks on every sub, 100 bucks on some speakers and 50 bucks on some. At 1,099.99 for the PB-2000 Pro I would not even have looked twice at at, too much for me.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Everything is more expensive now.
Just getting the raw components to build drivers is getting more expensive, and since I don't think SVS is building their own Drivers, consider that their source had to change pricing due to raw goods and shipping costs, then SVS has to cover the cost of 1-way Shipping, plus the percentage they need to cover for their return shipping. Where are the Amps assembled for the Subs; is SVS building them?

This has been happening everywhere, and it's not just because of Covid.

My concern is this will continue to roll through global economies for at least another cycle or even two.

Buckle up kitty cat.
:)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Everything is more expensive now.
Just getting the raw components to build drivers is getting more expensive, and since I don't think SVS is building their own Drivers, consider that their source had to change pricing due to raw goods and shipping costs, then SVS has to cover the cost of 1-way Shipping, plus the percentage they need to cover for their return shipping. Where are the Amps assembled for the Subs; is SVS building them?

This has been happening everywhere, and it's not just because of Covid.

My concern is this will continue to roll through global economies for at least another cycle or even two.

Buckle up kitty cat.
:)

Well like I said I could see some increases but these are very steep. The 4000 series subs are going up 300 bucks. What if HSU doesn't follow? How attractive will they look when comparing prices?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
There has been precious little attractiveness with the SVS pricing because of the Customer Bill Of Rights and having to cover those Upgrade and Return shipping options. If Hsu doesn't experience shipping increases, I'd be surprised. I do know that I've seen reports about their product being unavailable some, though a quick perusal of their site shows items in stock, so... *shrugs

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Refurbished AVR's are selling close to "New" prices, I call BS.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Damn. Makes me think I shoulda held onto my Ultras a little longer.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Refurbished AVR's are selling close to "New" prices, I call BS.
I was just getting ready to buy a Denon 3600 when everything was going sideways. When the 3700 came out, the cost of the 3600 dropped for about 1 week before getting more expensive! :rolleyes:

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I was just getting ready to buy a Denon 3600 when everything was going sideways. When the 3700 came out, the cost of the 3600 dropped for about 1 week before getting more expensive! :rolleyes:
Just saying, I feel that some are taking advantage, I mean used is used. I check A4L every week they have gone down some but a few months back they where selling Yamaha a3080 at 1799.00 refurbished.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I wonder if people are getting more for their used gear? I think I've noticed that for used power AMPs.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Our dollar today only buys about 70 cents worth of the dollar. So now they gonna jackup prices to make matters worse.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Supply and demand is a b!tch.
Demand went up, supply is down.
Equals...
Fcuked.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah i mean RSL just increased the price of the Speedwoofer 10S I think 23/24 bucks and they made a point to say it's just to cover costs, no extra profit. That I could live with especially with the explanation. 300 bucks on a sub seems just a tad excessive to be.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Question is once things even out will prices ever go back down? Usually that doesn't happen. So not sure whether good to buy now and wait or just buy now and be Fcuked

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
What it means for me is SVS who I love is off my list until I see prices increase this large at RSL, at Aperion, at Monoprice, at HSU. If they don't increase at all or just a tad which makes sense that's gonna be a problem for SVS. Just my opinion though.

jinjuku

jinjuku

What it means for me is SVS who I love is off my list until I see prices increase this large at RSL, at Aperion, at Monoprice, at HSU. If they don't increase at all or just a tad which makes sense that's gonna be a problem for SVS. Just my opinion though.

Trust me when I say this: They'll have price increases too. Even if it's not supply driven they aren't going to leave profits off the table.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe, I guess this is maybe wishful thinking but maybe this get some of these companies to manufacture on the USA again? Maybe we'll see some move back to the US. A guy can dream I guess.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe, I guess this is maybe wishful thinking but maybe this get some of these companies to manufacture on the USA again? Maybe we'll see some move back to the US. A guy can dream I guess.

LOL and the prices would go up even more to pay for such....

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Also from what I have read ship's are backed up off the West coast and East waiting to be unloaded. Not just a few 70+ off the West coast and dozens off the East Coast.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
LOL and the prices would go up even more to pay for such....
Not necessarily, this might actually even the playing field I would think. I mean if it's hard to build over seas, and getting more expensive to ship to the US. Maybe building here with no shipping issues would make it the same to produce.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis