Surround on a tight budget (edited thread name)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Also, I'm not worried about snipping the connector, I'm gonna have to add extra wire for the whole length of the run anyway, i can also strip cable with just scissors fairly well as well, so that's a non-issue
If you can strip wire well with a pair of scissors, that'll work and I salute you (I can't)....I prefer a fancier one that even removes the insulation for me with a single squeeze, I use this one

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
I'd just doubt you can find them on their own is all, at least not without some technical specification that if other brands utilized that it may be known by at the wholesale level or something....just doubt they're available as a consumer purchase generally.

I just meant that in the general world of audio components used in higher fidelity audio systems, like your Sony receiver, have no use for such proprietary connectors but rather used more generalized ones that many components share or can use or adapt to. TrueHD is a Dolby lossless codec. :)
Ah ic, the whole e arc thing, with up to 7.1 uncompressed
And when you say you don't i would find them on their own, there's was a guy selling a lot of these, and the guy i talked to was selling just the stereo pair and the passive subwoofer, even tho he has the mini system main device

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ah ic, the whole e arc thing, with up to 7.1 uncompressed
And when you say you don't i would find them on their own, there's was a guy selling a lot of these, and the guy i talked to was selling just the stereo pair and the passive subwoofer, even tho he has the mini system main device
I don't know how you got to eARC from there....altho eARC could handle a lossless codec like that, but I don't source any audio from a tv myself....

If you know a guy selling these connectors then you could buy some and replace them? Or you mean something else? I'd just not use these connectors unless I had to, they're fairly useless in the big picture.

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
I don't know how you got to eARC from there....altho eARC could handle a lossless codec like that, but I don't source any audio from a tv myself....

If you know a guy selling these connectors then you could buy some and replace them? Or you mean something else? I'd just not use these connectors unless I had to, they're fairly useless in the big picture.
i just mentioned e arc, cause i know it can do 7.1 uncompressed,i guess you can also do it via hdmi pass through on the receiver

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
"If you know a guy selling these connectors then you could buy some and replace them? Or you mean something else? I'd just not use these connectors unless I had to, they're fairly useless in the big picture. "
if you mean the connector for the speakers, i'd like to know the name of it

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
i just mentioned e arc, cause i know it can do 7.1 uncompressed,i guess you can also do it via hdmi pass through on the receiver
I just route all my sources thru my avr and then the codec doesn't particularly matter....eARC only matters if you're pulling audio from the tv whereas I use my smart tv only as a monitor....as I don't have any desire to use the tv as a routing center instead.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
"If you know a guy selling these connectors then you could buy some and replace them? Or you mean something else? I'd just not use these connectors unless I had to, they're fairly useless in the big picture. "
if you mean the connector for the speakers, i'd like to know the name of it
Me too :) That's the point. What are they? You might search thru alibaba or something to see if you can match 'em up....just doubt it's worth any effort. Especially if you're not going to use them/need them.

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
Got the info for another one
Screenshot_20210427-071020_OLX.jpg

This one be 6 ohms, same as my mains
I know it doesn't mean the impedance behavior is the same, but the rating is the same

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
I like how it has a disclaimer
"If the speaker causes your tv to change color, turn it off, wait a bit, and turn on again, if in 15 to 20 minutes it doesn't stop, take them away from the tv"
Which just shows how old they are, cause of magnets near crt

Last edited:
peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
New find,
The whole system is going for 150, but if I'm lucky, i might bet able to get only the tower speakers for 60 - 70, and use my current mains as surrounds
Anyone knows what speaker those are?
I've asked info about them for the seller, but again, another silent one
Screenshot_20210427-203835_OLX.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis