Subwoofer recommendations

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Hello guys. My speakers are kinda small but i will upgrade my subwoofer for now.
my Subwoofer,s living room room is:
width : 3.7 meters
depth : 3.7 meters
height : 3 meters

2 room openings that cant close. No doors at all. One leads to kitchen directly (its not measured) and the second, to a corridor that goes bedroom.
I need subwoofer recommendations that arrives europe. Ebay amazon anything that ships from europe warehouse.

My favorites are these.
XTZ subwoofer on corona virus promotion season that time
https://www.xtzsound.eu/product/sub-12-17-edge
+80€ shipping to anynhing.
wnich of this two guys? its not the money difference, i am trying to save space and dont release a monster subwoofer.

what about low profile subwoofers?
any help appreciated.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Any european shipping store does the job. Even @ ebay.
any picks so far? Do i have to go for the big one?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
get the 12.17.

10's are going to get stressed way too easily in your space.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Its ported also. With the option to seal it With a sponge
It looks like an actual real subwoofer, and offers variable tuning options! That's a nice feature that my subs have also. I use the variable tuning in combination with DEQ to get a real nice house curve.

12-17-EDGE_MW_BlackCover.4500x3000-1-637x490.jpg
12-17-EDGE_MW.4500x3000-1-566x519.jpg

Looks very sharp in white too!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Do they make any subs in Europe where the Amp is external, instead of internal?

Reason is because, looking down the long road, if your sub amp ever dies, it's much easier to replace an external amp than internal amp.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Do they make any subs in Europe where the Amp is external, instead of internal?

Reason is because, looking down the long road, if your sub amp ever dies, it's much easier to replace an external amp than internal amp.
never heard external amplifiers. They all have class D internal. Svs, XTZ, Arendal are famous here.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
It looks like an actual real subwoofer, and offers variable tuning options! That's a nice feature that my subs have also. I use the variable tuning in combination with DEQ to get a real nice house curve.

View attachment 35249View attachment 35250

Looks very sharp in white too!
You mean PEQ? Parametric equalizer?
can i take the 10.17 edge? Same features, same RMS, same hz.just smaller woofers.this 12.17 is monsterus. 10.17 is already big for me.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
can i take the 10.17 edge? Same features, same RMS, same hz.just smaller woofers.this 12.17 is monsterus. 10.17 is already big for me.
Nobody here is going to suggest the 10. The 12 is the minimum I (and likely most others here) would recommend for the space you have.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think the 12 is your best choice. You can't have great bass with a small box in a big room. If you go with the little one it might sound a little bit better but you're still going to have weak bass.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think the 12 is your best choice. You can't have great bass with a small box in a big room. If you go with the little one it might sound a little bit better but you're still going to have weak bass.
Why would the smaller one sound better?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Do the 12.

Always buy more Woof than you think you need. You've seen what happens when you don't! :p

Oh... And start saving for another! :D

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
there is no space for 2X12.17 . One is also very big for here.
maybe a low profile downfiring subwoofer non XTz, different brand.
maybe should i take the 10.17 edge and a low profile subwoofer later?

low profile sub will go under a table, so its like it doesnt exist.
any good my idea?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
there is no space for 2X12.17 . One is also very big for here.
maybe a low profile downfiring subwoofer non XTz, different brand.
maybe should i take the 10.17 edge and a low profile subwoofer later?

low profile sub will go under a table, so its like it doesnt exist.
any good my idea?
It's like you're creatively trying to find ways to avoid having good bass in your room. If you don't get the 12, I wouldn't bother getting anything and just keep what you have.

*Edit: I've seen pics of your room. Where there's a will, there's a way. Keep in mind too, it does not have to be in the same space as your speakers and other gear. You can cover it and use it as an end table, perhaps. There are creative solutions for you to make this work. You just have to want to do it. I am getting such a strong sense that you just don't want to do it...

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You are not going to have great sound and hide everything at the same time. Not without spending far more than I think you're prepared to spend. How many times now have you asked for our opinions, we give them and you continually fight us on it?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis