Subwoofer recommendations

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You mean two pieces Or one as dual?Because they make passive radiators. Link?
He means 2 pieces.

Ty, there's a bit of a language barrier here too. English isn't bill's first language.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
It's about time! We've been summoning you to help ol' bill here for months, lol.

How you been man? Haven't seen you around in a while.
I'm good. Just too many hobbies and stuff going on so pretty much only seeing on forums if there are any alerts and responding to them. Sometimes you wish you didn't have a job and had all the time you could have.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

He means 2 pieces.

Ty, there's a bit of a language barrier here too. English isn't bill's first language.
Neither is mine! :D

42m^3 (cubic meters) + 2 door openings. U can see one from pic click on it it goes bigger
Subwoofer will fill the whole open space so I would look for 12.17 or Monolith+ at least in your situation. Duals (having 2 subwoofers) will help with null areas your room but wont be necessary.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Can the double gem go close to my center speaker on the furniture? Like a second one? Vertical
or on the yellow furniture to the right? There it can go str8 or vertical.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Can the double gem go close to my center speaker on the furniture? Like a second one? Vertical
I doubt it would be up to the task in your space as you have really big space to fill.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

can i put a pair of double gems over this 2 furnitures?
check picture i put numbers
Putting subs on top of furniture could cause all kind of problems due to vibrations of lower frequencies. Decoupling with something like Auralex Platfoam could work but I would not take the gamble. I think that even dual double gems would struggle in your space and would pick single 12.17 or Monolith+ instead and possibly upgrade later for dual if space/budget allows it.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Hi

Because of vibrations you need a good sturdy footing to put the subwoofers onto so it is not advisable to stand them on furniture

Regards

company replied for the Double Gem via email 1 hour ago. I emailed them.
i thought they would say no problem do it, but they are legit.

Last edited:
killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
i ordered 12.17. thanks all of you.
i want a 12 meter cable. Help anyone? I dunno nothing. Or should i go and ask in the cable session

its shorter yes but it can do the job. 10.5 meter to 12m i need.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Cables... Its always better to have it a little longer. Amazon Basics will work, but there are better cables... just uncertain about your market.
I use this from Monoprice:

If you don't mind a little research... I always recommend avoiding copper-clad conductors (Amazon Basics uses Copper-Clad Aluminum, Mediabridge uses Copper-Clad Steel)... I also like having a good quality insulation and shielding.
That monoprice cable is based on RG6 Coaxial Cable... its a solid copper core, 18AWG instead of thinner gauge in the other cables, and it is double shielded.
That is what I would recommend identifying as a first choice. Hopefully you can find something easily and not too expensive in Europe.
That said, the Amazon Basic will work fine.

:)

BTW, I'm very glad to hear that you are upgrading that sub! I think you will be much happier. :D

Cheers!

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

amazon.de and amazon.co.uk has multiple choices in both 12m and 15m length. I have to agree that shielding in the cable is important factor specially in longer cables.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
thats a greek forum. Look what a coinsidence. This guy has a bk elec subwoofer, the brands we are talking about in the last page!

and he bought 2 pieces 12.17 he is crazy!

he measured both differend ones with Umic and he posted it.

12.17 is very touph but...look at the size! He is double the other :eek:

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
He's comparing the 12.17, a ported 12" to a BKE XLS200, a sealed 10". Looking at the graphs, you can see what going with the ported 12" gets you: much more useful low end output.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
There is difference but not the difference someone would expect, am i right? The 12.17 edge has 3 times the RMS of the other and its 2 times more in size!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
thats a greek forum. Look what a coinsidence. This guy has a bk elec subwoofer, the brands we are talking about in the last page!

and he bought 2 pieces 12.17 he is crazy!

he measured both differend ones with Umic and he posted it.

12.17 is very touph but...look at the size! He is double the other :eek:
This is what I have I have...

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis