S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
My initial instinct was to run and turn it down...
...then I remembered I was only at -10.
Some is a little more challenging on the ear than I usually go for... a little more schizophrenic.

The vibrational aspects are undeniable.

From the same Unun series, Raster-Noton Records:

The pressure is palpable.

These are both some big fat sounds. I love them! Keep them coming when you find em!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Another unusual tune with a dubstep vibe but it's really doing its own thing: G Jones - See Right Through. I just heard this thing in a mix, and it sounds great to my ears. I knew it had to be in the subwoofer candy thread the second that the drop hit. Really phenomenal sound and composition.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a crazy sound that I found in a mix: Stapleton - Unconscious. Fairly minimal percussion, a bizarre bassline, and some oddly-timed samples add up to a pretty psychedelic tune. I found this in a dubstep mix but it doesn't sound like normal dubstep at all. Anyway, I like it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It sounds like the music that would be used in a strip club in a Martian ghetto.
You would know! Ha ha!
Here is a track that has a very engaging sound as well as video: Billain - Cacoon. Very cool bass sound in the percussion, with a very cinematic sound overall. I don't know what genre this music would fall under, but I just love this thing. It definitely warrants being played loudly in your home theater system.
This one feels like it gets into subterranean territory! Pretty cool.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Another song by No Doubt: "Easy". This song has some legit bass and will definitely give your subs a workout. When it was over it felt like my head was still buzzing.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a brand new track from Marcus and JT called Another World. I love the sound of this one, but it's not easy to categorize, maybe something like drum'n'bass? It is doing its own thing, and it sounds great. I can't embed a track from Bandcamp so you will have to click on the link, sadly. It's worth it for this sound.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I have been too neglectful of this thread lately- A mistake I must not make again! I have been very busy over the past month! Anyway, I found a good one: MachineCode - Flat Earth. Again, another unique sound that is hard to categorize. It doesn't really conform to a genre sound, although the artist who made it is more known for drum'n'bass and dubstep. One thing I found funny was YouTube's 'context' bar on the video's Youtube page that made sure the viewer knows that the flat earth theory is unsupported by science. Thank you Youtube, that is very helpful to know when listening to drum'n'bass music!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is an obscure but nifty tune from back in the day (the 'day' here being 1998): Twilight Pilot - Messages from Space. This is a mellow ambient tune from the 90's, which was something I adored back then. There weren't many rules for the genre, and the songs could be structured any way that the artist wanted. There was always something new and interesting around the corner. I spent a lot of my disposable income on CDs from this type of music. This particular tune has some interesting arpeggiated bass and so belongs in this thread.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Another song by No Doubt: "Easy". This song has some legit bass and will definitely give your subs a workout. When it was over it felt like my head was still buzzing.

This one is giving me a great massage right now! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Ha. :p

I'm really loving this new sub!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis