ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I would have to classify "forgetting the driver" as I design flaw! Maybe even a major one.

I thought you were taking a break from here?;)

PDawg must be drunk*... Testing did not go properly, there was distortion present due to reflections that caused me to end testing before full (or any useful) results could be had...

*Besides, I forgot the Axis driver, I just brought the cab :eek:. Don't worry though, I remembered the screws to mount the driver! :rolleyes:. He is probably just complaining because we got the Servo running, you know it having a driver and all helped... ;)

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I would classify that as a serious design flaw...... No wonder the Servo beat it hands down.... HAHhahah

Now the question must be raised.... who is the drunk one... ?

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I'm imagining an open eneded woofer box that's hitting about 0 Hz at 0 dB....:D

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
You got me, yes, a missing AXIS driver is a substantial 'fault'.....

You think you will ever seriously see that AXIS driver? Andrew is probably just making excuses to keep it for himself. :)

I can see him building a 15 foot cabinet and using it tuned at 10Hz, using up to 30 or 40Hz crossed over to his Kappa Perfect VQ subs. :)

With 2000 watts powering that driver in a cabinet such as that specified above in an average room, you should be able to hit about 125-130dB at 10Hz!

-Chris

Last edited:
F

fredk

Audioholic General
With 2000 watts powering that driver in a cabinet such as that specified above in an average room, you should be able to hit about 125-130dB at 10Hz!
I'll have to remember that should I ever want to remove every nail in a room efficiently. :D

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
So Greg - when is the second coming of Christ...??? :D

I imagine you guys will get together before the holiday...?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I don't even think he has the AXIS. I think J. is getting an engagement ring and I paid for part of it!:eek:
You got me, yes, a missing AXIS driver is a substantial 'fault'.....

You think you will ever seriously see that AXIS driver? Andrew is probably just making excuses to keep it for himself. :)

I can see him building a 15 foot cabinet and using it tuned at 10Hz, using up to 30 or 40Hz crossed over to his Kappa Perfect VQ subs. :)

-Chris

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Should be dropped off at my house on Christmas Eve. May even have a driver in it but we will see......
So Greg - when is the second coming of Christ...??? :D

I imagine you guys will get together before the holiday...?

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Yikes - no driver? Sorry ParadigmDawg. You've been very patient and now you have to wait even longer. Bummer.

Hopefully your Christmas will be merrier when that driver arrives.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Ok, I spoke to the sales manager "Andrew", who spoke with the owner "Andrew", who will make certain the delivery guy "Andrew" has the completed sub to me on Wednesday. The CI "Andrew" will also come out for set up and calibration.
I called customer service and talked to the CS rep named Andrew who told me the builder "Andrew" had no affliation with AV Labs.:eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, delivery and set-up on Christmas eve. Those "Andrew"s are really going the extra mile to make up for the mistake and make things right!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Ok, I spoke to the sales manager "Andrew", who spoke with the owner "Andrew", who will make certain the delivery guy "Andrew" has the completed sub to me on Wednesday. The CI "Andrew" will also come out for set up and calibration.
I would think one of them would go by "Andy" and another one by "Drew" so you could try to remember which one your talking to... :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I hear my sub is coming a day or two early. Stain is drying now and will be delivered when it is dry.

Word on the street is.....it has a driver in it this time.......

Time to try the fan mod on the 2500.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
I have word that Andrew tried it out. He said it's "dangerous" and he could easily see it causing physical damage to a house.

I think your Servo V.2 may have a little more competition with the driver installed. :)

-Chris

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I have word that Andrew tried it out. He said it's "dangerous" and he could easily see it causing physical damage to a house.
I'm booking my flight to Texas now. I don't know where Greg lives, but I'm sure that it'll be easy finding the epicenter from the air - a circle of crumbled homes surrounded by a nice neighborhood. That, and the local news coverage of the SWAT team moving in. :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Naw guys, I had the builder come out and put studs every 2" and install some type of NASA sheetrock.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Come on out, I can even send you some AA miles.
I'm booking my flight to Texas now. I don't know where Greg lives, but I'm sure that it'll be easy finding the epicenter from the air - a circle of crumbled homes surrounded by a nice neighborhood. That, and the local news coverage of the SWAT team moving in. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis