ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Thank goodness, I don't even know if I know what all that means. I am just jacking with the guys.:D
You are getting a bit overly optimistic.

Even if the sub COULD do that, you would need a far larger amplifier than the EP2500 to pull it off.

-Chris

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Boys with new Toys.:D

Must be Christmas time again.

Enjoy. Enjoy.

Those look nice, yes.

I'm curious to see how your wife will like it when you shake the entire house with your crazy new toys.:eek:

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
She is so mad that she wouldn't talk to me last night and she hasn't even found the new gear yet:eek:
Boys with new Toys.:D

Must be Christmas time again.

Enjoy. Enjoy.

Those look nice, yes.

I'm curious to see how your wife will like it when you shake the entire house with your crazy new toys.:eek:

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I think those numbers are attainable, but as WmAx points out, that driver will need a much bigger amp, and judging by the size of your room I find it unlikely.
That amp realistically will only put out roughly 1800-1900w @ 4ohms bridged.

That driver will easily suck up 3000w.... I am looking forward to your in room response though....

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
I think those numbers are attainable, but as WmAx points out, that driver will need a much bigger amp, and judging by the size of your room I find it unlikely.

That driver will easily suck up 3000w.... I am looking forward to your in room response though....
The driver is rated thermally at 2500 watts continous. IME, you can power a driver with 3x the thermal rating short term safely as long as it's music(dynamic signal) and you do not exceed mechanical safety limits of the motor in regards to physical travel. I expect this driver has one way Xmech around 44-47mm based on published parameters of TC Sounds drivers from the old TC website. Linear excursion range is one way of 28mm for this driver. I would expect this driver would be fine with a 7000 watt amplifier for music use. I would want to use at least 5000 watts on the driver. Unfortunately, realistically, my budget for even one EP2500 per AXIS is more than a stretch, so I definitely won't be using any 5000 watt per channel amplifiers. Fortunately, even one EP2500 per channel is far far more than I will ever actually use - these amps will cruise along using around not more than idle watts on average for my use.

-Chris

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Well the proof is in the pudding and we are having pudding tomorrow.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
She is so mad that she wouldn't talk to me last night and she hasn't even found the new gear yet:eek:
I know plenty of guys that bought their first wives a house and lived comfortably in a "manufactured home" on the rest of their paycheck.:D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Oh man you are in trouble. No matter what you have gotten her for Christmas it is now not enough.

Looks like you have shopping to do.:eek:

I cannot wait to see how this sub turns out. I already want one. My LFM bottomed out again last night while I was watching X-Men last stand and I really didn't feel I was pushing my system. Oh well I guess I should start buying parts now.:rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well ?? Hows the pudding...?
Mmmm. Pudding. Something to add to my grocery list.

I cannot wait to see pictures of this thing and hear about Andrew and Greg's impressions!!! All of this anticipation, and today is the day, babeee!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, boy. Andrew was viewing this thread a few minutes ago. Perhaps it'll be a while before the sub makes it to Greg's house...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The Servo spanked the sub Andrew built for me hands down, wasn't even close.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Being that the actual performance of the TC Drivers and the Servo V.2 are known, from measured aspect, from 3rd parties, the only way a Servo V.2 could 'spank' that AXIS is if the amplifier was set up wrong or other hardware issue(s).

-Chris

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
PDawg must be drunk*... Testing did not go properly, there was distortion present due to reflections that caused me to end testing before full (or any useful) results could be had...

*Besides, I forgot the Axis driver, I just brought the cab :eek:. Don't worry though, I remembered the screws to mount the driver! :rolleyes:. He is probably just complaining because we got the Servo running, you know it having a driver and all helped... ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis