Sub for small condo

D

Doubleroll

Enthusiast
Small second home condo total 692 sq ft. Room is 12’ 9” x 19’ 4” x 9’ ceiling, open floor plan. 70” Vizio display. Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar with Room correction.
Must haves:
1. Small 10” or 12” woofer to fit up front right or left of the sound bar. About 14” wide.
2. Prefer White color.
3. Best Buy Magnolia is also preferred due to some credits I have a accumulated. Open to suggestions.

Help me decide:

B&W ASW610XP
B&W ASW610
REL T/9i
SVS SB-1000
Others?

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Dali and Monitor Audio also have some small white subs. They look OK but they are probably a bit more expensive than when you listed and they certainly aren't being sold at BestBuy. SVS has the SB-2000 Pro in white, but I think that is only available in Europe. If you are in the USA, I would ask if SVS can arrange to send a white SB-2000 Pro to you. Barring that, just get the SB-1000.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
How loud do you listen, and do you watch action movies? Are neighbors a factor?

D

Doubleroll

Enthusiast
Dali and Monitor Audio also have some small white subs. They look OK but they are probably a bit more expensive than when you listed and they certainly aren't being sold at BestBuy. SVS has the SB-2000 Pro in white, but I think that is only available in Europe. If you are in the USA, I would ask if SVS can arrange to send a white SB-2000 Pro to you. Barring that, just get the SB-1000.
Interesting I was not aware they made th 2000 in white for EU. I may have to see If they will ship to Florida. Thanks!

D

Doubleroll

Enthusiast
How loud do you listen, and do you watch action movies? Are neighbors a factor?
Yes neighbors are a factor so I do t want to shake the walls...well maybe just a little ;-)
We listen moderately loud since getting the soundbar and yes we do watch action movies and music is a big part of our material. The Ambeo seems to do music very well and reason I purchased it was due to the studio quality drivers included...thanks

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I'd recommend one or two SB1000s. I have an SB1000 in white for my desktop system, and it fills a larger room than you have in the condo. I think the SB2000 will be overkill in your circumstances, and two SB1000s will help smooth out the bass.

D

Doubleroll

Enthusiast
So I had a guy recommend the Rythmik L12 and although it’s available in BB at about $600 it’s very doable...thoughts.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
The L12 is smaller and seems to have better specs. I think the SB1000 looks slightly better, with the rounded edges. I got my SB1000 during a special sale about five years ago, but if I was in the market now with equal prices the L12 looks more capable. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

D

Doubleroll

Enthusiast
The L12 is smaller and seems to have better specs. I think the SB1000 looks slightly better, with the rounded edges. I got my SB1000 during a special sale about five years ago, but if I was in the market now with equal prices the L12 looks more capable. I don't think you can go wrong either way.
Yeah with WAF I was thinking the SVS would have the better finish...but I have not seen either in person.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah with WAF I was thinking the SVS would have a better finish...but I have seen either in person.
SVS' piano gloss finishes are pretty impressive. My speakers are all black but I can't imagine white not being just as beautiful.

D

Doubleroll

Enthusiast
SVS' piano gloss finishes are pretty impressive. My speakers are all black but I can't imagine white not being just as beautiful.
That’s great to know! Looks like my local Magnolia has a couple SVS I can check out...thanks!

F

felipe

Audioholic
I'd recommend one or two SB1000s. I have an SB1000 in white for my desktop system, and it fills a larger room than you have in the condo. I think the SB2000 will be overkill in your circumstances, and two SB1000s will help smooth out the bass.
I agree with Irvrobinson on this one, as I‘m running dual SB1000s in a condo space as well. I also believe SVS has a president’s day sale going on right now ;). If your budget allows, go multi-sub!

D

Doubleroll

Enthusiast
Well looks like sb-2000 is not available in white for the US so I think the sb-1000 might be top on the list...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Where you live that does seem a bit odd....:)
Hey, it was in the high 50s this morning. Got down to 68 inside the house.

Plus when I made that avatar I was working in a cooler all day and almost always had a beanie on.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hey, it was in the high 50s this morning. Got down to 68 inside the house.

Plus when I made that avatar I was working in a cooler all day and almost always had a beanie on.
Hey brother, quit your crying! The high here is gonna be 28° the other day we had a short cold snap. Minus 24°f on my way to work!!!
That’s not soooo bad. I remember a few years ago, we had a long stretch. Over 50 days consecutive that the HIGH never got over 0°.
In an oddly ironic way, I live in hell!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey brother, quit your crying! The high here is gonna be 28° the other day we had a short cold snap. Minus 24°f on my way to work!!!
That’s not soooo bad. I remember a few years ago, we had a long stretch. Over 50 days consecutive that the HIGH never got over 0°.
In an oddly ironic way, I live in hell!
Hey, out here a couple of weeks ago it dipped down into the 30s at night for 4 or 5 days in a row! I RARELY run the heat tho. Now AC in the summertime is a whole nuther story...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis