Sub for a fairly large and odd-shape living room

R

rlk

Audioholic Intern
The VTF-3 is simply too big and heavy. I could get a 62-64 lb unit up the stairs -- carefully -- but not an 85 lb, and right now I'm not willing to allow a third party into our house. So I think I have to rule that out.

The VTF-2 looks like it gives up a fair bit of peak output in the 20-30 Hz range, but rather less above and below that. Presumably in a room the peak would be greater (our room's longest dimension is...a bit hard to measure, but well over 20', so there wouldn't be a lot of extra low-bass extension).

It appears that the PB-2000 is more configurable via the app; the Hsu is more bare bones in that regard. Whether the extra 200W and configurability the SVS offers offsets the lower price and smaller size of the Hsu seems to be my key question...any thoughts, other things I should consider? It looks like I have signoff.

R

rlk

Audioholic Intern
I wound up actually ordering a ULS-15mk2. Further research indicated that it's an excellent unit that even though sealed still has excellent low-end output and works very nicely for music as well as HT. It wasn't the direction I thought I was going to go at first, but overall it looked to be the best combination.

R

rlk

Audioholic Intern
So far it's doing nicely on music, although I'm having other system problems that I'm going to post about separately.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis