MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Did not see any other threads about the movie. Went with my two sons last night. Enjoyed the movie although far-fetched at times. Character introductions were drawn out in the beginning but my son thought that was to intoduce a new generation to the characters. Once it got going the action was fast paced. Really liked the portrayal of Scotty.

B

Bugbitten

Audioholic
Can't wait to see this one. Today maybe, tomorrow for sure.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've seen nothing but positive reviews so far. Probably will hit up a matinee on Sunday.

astrodon

astrodon

Audioholic
I just saw it

I just got back from the movie, and as a Star Trek nerd, I was very happy with the movie. It was very entertaining. I won't go into details to spoil anything, but they did do an excellent job with it. I only have a few minor quibbles which I'll hold off on for now.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I just got back from the movie, and as a Star Trek nerd, I was very happy with the movie. It was very entertaining. I won't go into details to spoil anything, but they did do an excellent job with it. I only have a few minor quibbles which I'll hold off on for now.
Well, It is kind of astro type of a movie;):D

F

fast1

Audioholic
nice, i think i will go catch it. so its more like space adventure?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I am cautiously optimistic but as a Trekkie I don't expect this movie to feel very trekkie. I think its ridiculous they built this ship on Earth. The Romulan guy looks nothing like a real Romulan so not sure where they are going with that. I saw a scene where Kirk and crew jumped out of a ship to land on a planet. I hope they were in the planets atmosphere and did not jump out in space else its really gonna burn me up (no pun intended) :)

They should at least try to adhere to some of the basic principles of the past to appease true trek fans whom have solely carried this franchise for over 50 years.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I'm going to see this tonight, I'll give you a detailed review afterwords.

SheepStar

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
I really liked it. I also have some quibbles about anachronisms but I put that aside because I liked the characters. It was great to see the old Spock back as himself and the new Spock really worked as the young guy leaning the ropes. Karl Urban was a good "bones" (he didn't remind me of Eomer at all) and Simon Pegg did a great Scotty (I've gooot to have moooore poower!). Also, finally, after all these years of diplomacy, non-interference directives, etc, the Enterprise got to obliterate some aliens, open up all the phasers, photon torpedoes and blast the suckers back to their time warp. Between Lost and Star Trek, JJ Abrams seems to really have a thing about time travel.

robmlisanti

robmlisanti

Audioholic
I've been watching Star Trek and all the series and movies since the late 60's and this was one of the best movies.

My Review:

1) lOVED THE CHRACTERS..ALL OF THEM!

2) Loved The action Sequences

3) Loved the Emotional parts of the story

4) Loved the Humor.

5) Can't wait for the next 2 ( yes the characters are all signed on for 2 more pictures ).

End of Review :D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
did the TV series ST TOS enterprise have photon torpedoes? (or any torpedo?)

(never watched the tv series, but i like some of the TOS movies)

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Yes, indeed the orginal series had photon torpedos. I seem to remember a wide spread against the cloaked Romulans in one episode.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm trying to decide if I'm going to the theater to see this. I don't really like theaters much.

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
did the TV series ST TOS enterprise have photon torpedoes? (or any torpedo?)

(never watched the tv series, but i like some of the TOS movies)
Yes - I remember as a kid I thought they were "full-ton" torpedoes ... for some reason. :eek:

Gonna take my 6yo son to see a matinee on Monday after school. I've introduced him to ST-TOS via Netflix watch instantly. The first night I asked him if he wanted to watch one and he said no -- well I finally talked him into it (after much coaxing) and after the first episode it was "puhleeeze - can we WATCH ANOTHER ONE?" We've only got one episode left - probly watch it tonight. :D

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Stardate 20.28

LOS ANGELES – "Star Trek" has gone to warp speed at the box office with $31 million in domestic ticket sales after just over a day in theaters.

Distributor Paramount said "Star Trek" took in $24 million Friday, plus $7 million during preview screenings Thursday night.

Paramount estimates that by the end of the weekend the movie will be near or over $70 million in ticket sales.

That puts the movie light years ahead of the previous 10 "Trek" movies.

The best opening weekend ever for the franchise was $30.7 million for 1996's "Star Trek: First Contact." According to inflation-adjusted numbers compiled by Hollywood.com, that translates to $51.2 million in today's dollars.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis