Should I repair a free 4k Samsung?

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
I received a free Samsung un55js7000f but the lower quarter is dim. Led's are out. I'm on the fence about Replacing the led's. Their about $60 but the portion of the screen that works, doesn't seem to have a very sharp picture. It seems like a crappy TV, and not worth the hassle to repair. Any thoughts on this model?

Thanks

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I received a free Samsung un55js7000f but the lower quarter is dim. Led's are out. I'm on the fence about Replacing the led's. Their about $60 but the portion of the screen that works, doesn't seem to have a very sharp picture. It seems like a crappy TV, and not worth the hassle to repair. Any thoughts on this model?

Thanks
It is almost a nine year old TV. If you can easily repair it, and have a use for it, why not repair it? That sort of task is always a good learning experience. At the age of the TV the part you need might not be available.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
That was a piece of junk brand new....junk received for free is still junk.
Your friend got you to take out his trash is all.

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
I'm going to open it up and see what's going on. Could be something silly like a disconnected something or another. I guess it was in a kids play room and took a few good hits over the years.

PHANofPHUNK

PHANofPHUNK

Full Audioholic
After taking the set apart the led strips just started working again. Probably a loose connection. Interesting observation, nearly all the diffusers on the right side of the set would come off with the slightest touch. I epoxied them all back on. picture isnt too bad after all.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
After taking the set apart the led strips just started working again. Probably a loose connection. Interesting observation, nearly all the diffusers on the right side of the set would come off with the slightest touch. I epoxied them all back on. picture isnt too bad after all.
Well done, on this one. I'm glad I encouraged you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis