Service Menu for Samsung Q70A TV

R

Rylan

Audioholic
Does anyone know how I can get into the service menu on my Samsung 85” Q70A 4K UHD TV?
Model:QN85Q70AAFXZA

I know there’s a sequence of buttons to press and hold but with my particular remote I don’t know which buttons those are

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I know on the few Samsung QLED’s I owned previously you had to power the tv off, press mute than 1,8,2 and then power and it loaded into the SM. Be careful however altering any of the values if you don’t have a fundamental understanding of what they do.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah sounds familiar to get into the service menu on my plasmas....been a while.... usually just search for it when I want to check hours.....

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Yeah sounds familiar to get into the service menu on my plasmas....been a while.... usually just search for it when I want to check hours.....
I do the same with my C1. I guess with at least the C and G1 the magic motion control remote you get with the tv doesn’t allow you to access it so you either have to order a different remote online or pay for an app. I ended up using the Sofabaton I already have and just programmed the command to one of the red colored buttons.

R

Rylan

Audioholic
I know on the few Samsung QLED’s I owned previously you had to power the tv off, press mute than 1,8,2 and then power and it loaded into the SM. Be careful however altering any of the values if you don’t have a fundamental understanding of what they do.
I did see that online for Samsungs. I have a brand new tv and the remote does not have any numbers. I searched awhile too and never did find the buttons to press for my remote. Also, that is good advice about altering the values

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Get yourself either a programmable universal like the Sofabaton or download one of the many Samsung remote control apps. It’ll give you access to the numbers. I know the small remote you’re talking about, one of my QLEDs came with it. I believe it only had channel and volume up and down buttons, a home button and a couple others. Tiny black remote from what I recall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Rylan

Audioholic
Get yourself either a programmable universal like the Sofabaton or download one of the many Samsung remote control apps. It’ll give you access to the numbers. I know the small remote you’re talking about, one of my QLEDs came with it. I believe it only had channel and volume up and down buttons, a home button and a couple others. Tiny black remote from what I recall

Yes, that’s is a exactly what I have. That’s a good idea. Never thought about downloading an app.

I do have a second remote issue that maybe you’ll have an idea about. My denon x4700h turns off with my tv when I power down with tv remote (this is what I want) however it will not turn on the receiver when I power on. I talked with Denon and they said they have heard of this issue but haven’t been able to resolve it. I checked my television and the CEC is turned on. So everything appears to be accurate In the settings. Any suggestions?

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I randomly have had the same issue with my current 6700h and LG C1 as well as about a half dozen other Denon/Marantz AVR’s and Samsung, LG and TCL tv’s. Turning HDMI control off and on seems to fix it when it does happen from what I recall. So hit setup>video>HDMI settings.

R

Rylan

Audioholic
I randomly have had the same issue with my current 6700h and LG C1 as well as about a half dozen other Denon/Marantz AVR’s and Samsung, LG and TCL tv’s. Turning HDMI control off and on seems to fix it when it does happen from what I recall. So hit setup>video>HDMI settings.

Sounds like you were the right person to ask! It’s working now. Thank you!!

Is there a way to set the input memory for denon TV Audio so when the TV and AVR turn on with the Samsung remote, the TV’s volume is default? Currently when they both turn on, I have to still manually select the “TV Audio” button on denon remote in order to get sound

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I’m not 100% but I know on my C1 and Denon if I use one of the internal streaming apps sometimes it’ll switch to the e-arc input on the Denon and sometimes it won’t.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Check the audio and ARC settings on your Samsung

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
IMO, leave CEC off. It should retain the last setting mostly. On mine it likes to change the input sometimes and I can't delete the default "Live TV" or assign the default to the AVR, but mostly it works.

Do you have the latest firmware on everything?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis