Rockets versus B&W's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Poor ole Pete made one reply to this thread he started. :D I wonder where he is now? :confused:

T

T-Bone

Enthusiast
zumbo said:
Poor ole Pete made one reply to this thread he started. :D I wonder where he is now? :confused:
He's probably so disgusted, he's looking at Bose :)

Not to bash Bose, they sound good, just overpriced!

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
T-Bone said:
He's probably so disgusted, he's looking at Bose :)

Not to bash Bose, they sound good, just overpriced!
Sound good to who? Rocket owners? :rolleyes: :D :eek:

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
zumbo said:
Sound good to who? Rocket owners? :rolleyes: :D :eek:
Come on zumbo, you have to admit that those Bose cubes do sound better than your average boombox. :D

T

TinHere

Enthusiast
Ross said:
Personally, it doesn't matter to me that some of you fellas that have only participated on this forum for the sole purpose of defense and/or promotion of av123.

It also doesn't bother me that you guys have something to gain or loose from anything negative being posted about av123.

For myself and others, I would like to think that we are just a community of hifi geeks that like to meet and chat about the various options out there, in order to better our own and each others hifi experience. However, when you taint this brotherhood with clever marketing tactics and biased motives, the validity of the brotherhood is quickly diminished.

I have seen where av123 has been called to task for their questionable marketing practices across some of the various HT forums on the web. I witnessed this occurence over at avsforum and S&V a while back.

I just think its important (for readers) to know just who is feeding them their information in cases such as this.

best,
Ross.
Who is feeding them [readers] their information? False info is ok if it is told by a member who has posted before? That is what diminishes a brotherhood, not the truth. Truth and logic are very clever tactics because they are factual, make sense, and result in a valid conclusion.

I have no affiliation with AV123 and nothing to gain or lose. The "problems" you speak of on other forums mirror the "problem" here. Someone posted false information and/or denegrated AV123, it was responded to, cries of conspiracy were raised, people who made the initial false statements with a cadre of forum allies refused to even entertain the idea that maybe the statements were false, and the rest of the forum saw the mess. I'm sure Mark and company would have preferred if I had let the statements stand and die on their own lack of merit because he gets the brunt just through association. The next time something like this happens this discussion will be cited as "marketing tactics" when the reality is that I joined as an individual and do not represent the company. Like I said earlier, when company members post they identify themselves so there is no question about who is a company member and who isn't.

Brotherhood is a wonderful thing until it turns a blind eye to reality. Isn't it odd that only one member [a Rocket owner] of the brotherhood here stepped up and even questioned the validity of the false statements or the appropriateness of the denegrating remarks? Perhaps not so odd when "group think" is factored in. Not a knock on this forum, just how things are. The best you came up with was a conspiracy theory, and a warning to readers that unafilliated individuals [not mentioned by you] who chose to defend AV123 are part and parcel of a marketing scheme. That's nothing but false inuendo. I spoke out so the truth about the company that had been maligned would be seen, and not to tell anyone what speakers they should like or who they should buy from. The differences in many speakers are a question of nuance not miles. Most blanket statements that a speaker is bad is simply a harsh opinion based on one's own preferences and lack of understanding of other people's right to their own preferences.

R

Ross

Junior Audioholic
FC,

"Suddenly 10 newly registered members popping up to promote the Rockets.

This is exactly what happened over at the avsforum. All the voices of criticism of the Rocket line of speakers are drowned out in a sea of posts by this Rocket cabal."

Beleive me, I know of what you speak. However, it is not unexpected. This sort of "damage control" is a very common practice each time Team Rocket is challenged.

best,
Ross.

3beanlimit

Junior Audioholic
zumbo said:
WTF? :confused:
What is this? All of a sudden it seems as though we have alot of Rocket owners who are stuck with them and are joining in this forum to post imature crap such as this. What a joke. Some of you folks talk as if you have stock in the company. I say, sell sell sell! :D
Nope....don't own them, and have never listened to them but have read about them.

There isn't anyway that what's posted above by furry guy is even close to the truth. That's my personal feelings.

I look for the DIY sections of audio fourms and ran into this one. Anytime you find someone bashing another product, you can almost bet they have an agenda....

Anyway, I first posted in the diy section..read through the others then found this thread. Sorry to have given the intention I dropped in to troll on what seems to me to be someone else trolling...My apologies to all..

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
3beanlimit said:
Nope....don't own them, and have never listened to them but have read about them.

There isn't anyway that what's posted above by furry guy is even close to the truth. That's my personal feelings.

I look for the DIY sections of audio fourms and ran into this one. Anytime you find someone bashing another product, you can almost bet they have an agenda....

Anyway, I first posted in the diy section..read through the others then found this thread. Sorry to have given the intention I dropped in to troll on what seems to me to be someone else trolling...My apologies to all..
No need for an apology brother. BTW, There was an agenda. B&W 703's or Rocket 750's?
I went for the B&W 703's. As simple as that!

BTW, did you know the Chrysler K car was named "car-of-the-year" by Car and Driver back in the day. Be careful what you read.

T

T-Bone

Enthusiast
Ross said:
FC,

"Suddenly 10 newly registered members popping up to promote the Rockets.

This is exactly what happened over at the avsforum. All the voices of criticism of the Rocket line of speakers are drowned out in a sea of posts by this Rocket cabal."

Beleive me, I know of what you speak. However, it is not unexpected. This sort of "damage control" is a very common practice each time Team Rocket is challenged.

best,
Ross.
I did register today, and I am registered at 4 other forums, however I post mostly at avsforum. I read Audioholics occasionaly, but had to register because I thought furrycute was off base.

But you have to admit that anyone to bashes speaker X and praises speaker Y as so much better, knowing that everone's ears are *different* and everyone's tastes are different, puts a HUGE target on the basher's back. So it is not damage control, its more like "shooting fish in a barrel" because furrucute could not back his claims.

BTW, many praise the Ascend 340M. It is supposed to be a very nice speaker. In one of the GTGs, the 340M was sooooo close to the Rocket 550 MK II, but those listeners gave the ever so *slight* edge to the 550 MK II, and that edge could have been related to room layout, or some other reason. The 340M, paired with a sub, costs the same as the 550 MK II. The 340M is touted as being a very nice speaker at an affordable price.

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Chrysler...

zumbo said:
No need for an apology brother. BTW, There was an agenda. B&W 703's or Rocket 750's?
I went for the B&W 703's. As simple as that!

BTW, did you know the Chrysler K car was named "car-of-the-year" by Car and Driver back in the day. Be careful what you read.
Chrysler's K-Car won "COTY" because, at the time, COTY was for the NEW product that Motor Trend thought was the most signfigant product introduced to the market that model year.

It does NOT mean it is the finest vehicle on the market.

And I don't see any Rocket owners telling people NOT to consider B&W, nor are they making wild accusations about B&W as a company.

Again... Where is there ANY evidence of the statements made by "FC" ?

Or are you detractors going to hide behind rhetoric like "Team Rocket" ?

T

TinHere

Enthusiast
craigsub said:
That's all they have. The statements are false.

V

VS540

Junior Audioholic
I find it amusing that they rip on and bad mouth people for sticking up for a quality speaker and then decide to state lies and false rumors along with it. Though if someone ripped on and lied about the speakers they owned what would they do? Just ignore it and not post anything? Pfft...yeah right...hypocrites. :rolleyes:

Oh and the origianl question was 703's or 750's or 850's. I still say listen for yourself...

T

T-Bone

Enthusiast
I never post here because avsforum seems more active for my needs. Sure glad furrybutt left avsforum... he's probably the type to give a recommendation according to what he owns... pure bias. and no rationale. The "wins hands down" comment was so profound and educational that I am still trying to fully grasp it in its entirety.

Sort of sorry I posted to begin with.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
craigsub said:
Chrysler's K-Car won "COTY" because, at the time, COTY was for the NEW product that Motor Trend thought was the most signfigant product introduced to the market that model year.

It does NOT mean it is the finest vehicle on the market.

And I don't see any Rocket owners telling people NOT to consider B&W, nor are they making wild accusations about B&W as a company.

Again... Where is there ANY evidence of the statements made by "FC" ?

I am not FC, although I do find his post somewhat informative. I did not tell Pete to not consider Rocket. I said they can't compare to B&W 703's. As simple as that! ;) And yes, this is just my opinion. I believe that is what Pete was looking for. Simple answers!

So, I will give mine again. B&W 703's. Hands down. :eek:

Last edited:
furrycute

furrycute

Banned
T-Bone said:
he's probably the type to give a recommendation according to what he owns... pure bias. and no rationale.

I own Infinity Kappa floorstanders. I haven't shoved these Infinity's down anyone's throat.

On the other hand, these Rocket "owners..." :rolleyes:

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Opinions are fine...

Zumbo ... If your opinion is that Rockets are bested by B&W's, fine.

You are wrong, but that is just my opinion... We are entitled to those.

FC made some accusations with no evidence. And he was not saying this was his opinion, he stated these accusations as FACT, with NO EVIDENCE.

And you APPROVE of this ?

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Fc

furrycute said:
I own Infinity Kappa floorstanders. I haven't shoved these Infinity's down anyone's throat.

On the other hand, these Rocket "owners..." :rolleyes:
One more time, Do you have ANY evidence regarding your accusations ?

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
craigsub said:
One more time, Do you have ANY evidence regarding your accusations ?

The evidence is burried in those thousands of pages of Rocket related threads on the avsforum from about a year and half ago. You want the truth, you go and read those threads yourself.

And while you are at it, ask David Bott, the owner and operator of the avsforum of what he thought was going on during that whole Rocket debacle. And ask him why he banned so many Rocket "owners" from posting on the avsforum, and why he has been actively closing down many Rocket hype threads ever since.

Come to think of it, craigsub, I do remember recently reading one your threads on the Rockets, and there was a resurrgence of the Rocket hype in your thread. David Bott did post in that thread summarizing what really happened during that Rocket debacle. In subtle language, he implied that originally he helped Mark L. Schifter start the promotion of his speakers on his forum. Then things got out of control, and David Bott was really upset that the Rocket line of speakers was getting all the promotion on the avsforum without av123 reimbursing him for all the free promotion. Looks like there were some behind the scenes negotiations, but that apparently went nowhere. Coupled with all the backlash against the Rockets, David Bott finally banned from Rocket "owners" and things finally quieted down over at the avsforum.

Read between the lines and decide for yourself what was really going on.

Last edited:
LQQK

LQQK

Audiophyte
Fb111794 said:
grilling PRIME BLACK ANGUS STRIP STEAKS and serving up sea salt encrusted baked potatoes and wine simmered mushrooms....
Screw the speakers....I want the food, Do you deliver? :D...

By the way I own 6-750's and Bigfoot and this is my first post, although I've been a member since 2002.

LQQK

T

TinHere

Enthusiast
zumbo said:
I am not FC, although I do find his post somewhat informative. I did not tell Pete to not consider Rocket. I said they can't compare to B&W 703's. As simple as that! ;) And yes, this is just my opinion. I believe that is what Pete was looking for. Simple answers!

So, I will give mine again. B&W 703's. Hands down. :eek:
Of course you are entitled your opinion and other's may differ.

Please, please, tell me what was informative or even worthwhile about the disinformation in question. I'm sure some of his words can be defended, but I'm talking about the words that contained all the vitriol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis