Robb elementary shooting in TX

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
PCP? I just got one of those myself for plinking. It wouldn't be useful for protection from what I've seen demos of....
PCC= Pistol Caliber Carbine. Rifle format, pistol caliber, so I don't have to buy as many multiple ammo types.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Absolutely not. But, allowing them by law as is the case in Texas, those reasons must have been used in their legislature to pass that law. Same with allowing them to smoke in at 18 in some states. Legislators are the ones who use such excuses to lower the age. That gives more profits for businesses who supports those legislators.
I guess my wording wasn't clear enough that those words are used as an excuse/reason for passing such stupid laws.
I know what you're saying- it was too easy for him to get the guns but IMO, this didn't have to be as terrible as it turned out- according to reports, at least one door wasn't locked and the Police didn't do anything to stop him for about 40 minutes, which makes this sound like Sandy Hook where a cop was seen running for cover.

I'm not sure why smoking and drinking are even in the conversation with guns. They're so far from being similar that they shouldn't be mentioned.

So, back to one of my main points- end lobbying completely or at least, payments to members of Congress. Let the lobbyists convince them without payment and we'll see how much change occurs.

For the record, I don't give a rat's butt if veterans of Congress leave because they can no longer make a bundle in office- it was never supposed to be a way to become wealthy.

highfigh

highfigh

Obviously you’ll booby trap your house along with LIDAR controlled automatic guns. As icing on the cake let the mines be controlled by your heartbeat so when you die it blows up taking the enemy with you, including the libs next door.
Can't do those- constitutes premeditation.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Can't do those- constitutes premeditation.
My home is my castle and I’ll stand my ground and so forth. Pretty sure there are a number of laws concerning that, besides there is a God given Right to defend myself and my property. I talk to Him everyday and He approves, so I’m doing Gods work!

highfigh

highfigh

Yeah but not everybody in our country anymore in some communities have the ability to just leave. What are they supposed to do? I'm not saying they should go buy AR 15's but not everyone can get out like you or I can

This is a conservative talking point that both embarrasses me and pisses me off as a conservative. Right wing individuals are like these neighborhoods and communities need to be more accountable speak out more!

I'm just like man do you realize or have you ever lived in a situation like that? It's not so easy to act all big and mighty and righteous when you got to live in a war zone basically. And nobody that's preaching it to you would ever roll down there and help you out.

I'm not saying your doing that it's just something that bothers me
The US has programs for people who need assistance- if someone can't leave, they have few options- organize patrol groups and stop anyone who tries to enter the area, possibly with their city/town/village allowing them to gate the entrances and remove some of the outlets to main streets, like they did here. We had problems with break-ins of homes and cars, so the city installed cul de sacs at several intersections. A motivated driver won't be stopped, but their car will be f&cked up.

I lived in Milwaukee- three different houses. The first was bad and became worse. You couldn't get me to drive through that area now. The second became bad and now it's worse, but I have driven through recently. It's generally not dangerous to people who are just passing through. The last is really bad now and it had become pretty bad before I left. I usually avoid the area.

As I have posted, I live two blocks from the border of Milwaukee and this suburb- we hear gunfire all year long. Fortunately, it's happening in Milwaukee but MPD is stretched so thin they can't do anything about it. If you watched the videos of the shootings at the end of the Bucks game, the officers were already there for the first shooting and the a$$holes started shooting two more times- you can see the cops ducking. If they won't stop shooting when the cops are there, what makes anyone think gun control will do anything to fix this shyte?

highfigh

highfigh

My home is my castle and I’ll stand my ground and so forth. Pretty sure there are a number of laws concerning that, besides there is a God given Right to defend myself and my property. I talk to Him everyday and He approves, so I’m doing Gods work!
I see what you did there! :)

We do have the right to defend ourselves, but the requirements specifically state that we're not supposed to shoot in order to protect property, but if they make a move that causes us to feel threatened, oh, well- it's all part of the 'being a criminal' experience. I don't know your laws, but in the US, we can't just start blasting as soon as someone starts walking toward the house. Inside, all bets are off for the turds who think they're gonna get away clean.

I don't know anyone who actually wants to shoot someone but I know some who have, for a good reason. An old neighbor from the last place I lived before I bought my house was shot six times by someone who tried to hold up a convenience store- Wayne told the guy to take it outside, the guy started shooting and Wayne shot him twice, killing him. Wayne was a Milwaukee cop and he was off-duty at the time- he lived and I saw him about a month ago. Wayne's a really good guy. I met s a guy at Home Depot a couple of months ago who arrived at his house with his girlfriend and two turds tried to carjack them, with guns. One guy grabbed the girlfriend and she screamed, the driver shot the one trying to steal the car and the other ran away (legally armed, had been a Marine). The car owner was shot in the foot- the X-ray looked pretty bad, but he was walking without problems.

Both of these guys who survived are Black and were victimized by Black guys. I hate this shyte!

highfigh

highfigh

I have a 9mm PCC rifle that still qualifies as an "AR" in the eyes of the law. It is great for target shooting, though I bought it for home defense since the property at the time was quite large. For indoors, it is basically not going to be useful IMO, so the pistols would be first option. Even at 9mm, the penetration would still be pretty high I feel, less velocity but higher mass. IIRC, in ballistics gel, the 9mm penetrates deeper and stays whole, while 556 has the potential to fragment. I have little use for my rifle now besides target shooting and hate to say that I would not have a problem giving it up either. I do like the AR format due to the extreme flexibility and availability of parts to put to use for almost any application, but really don't see the average consumer needing one, or anything with 30+ rounds for that matter.

For hogs, I would actually think a bolt rifle with a larger and/or higher velocity round would be better and would not come with a 30 rounder. IMO, a solid quality bolt would probably be a little less that a quality AR.
What, not a fan of Tannerite for the hogs?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I'm not sure why smoking and drinking are even in the conversation with guns. They're so far from being similar that they shouldn't be mentioned.

So, back to one of my main points- end lobbying completely or at least, payments to members of Congress. Let the lobbyists convince them without payment and we'll see how much change occurs.

I brought that up as an excuse in the past that kids go into the military at 18 so why can't they do ..... you fill in.

Unfortunately, the supreme court said money is talking, like corporations are people so they can donate all they want.
Well, my quarter just got silenced.

highfigh

highfigh

What are the qualifications of "The Western Journal"? I've seen claims otherwise but really not something I've dived into. Sources that immediately blame "liberals" are definitely suspect as to their truthfulness these days.
So find a source that you can live with. I just grabbed a link, but somewhere, other links will agree with this. I don't grab links just for being from Conservatives because I know you guys will skewer me for it but I just look for info.

highfigh

highfigh

Unfortunately, the supreme court said money is talking, like corporations are people so they can donate all they want.
Well, my quarter just got silenced.
Well, that's a bunch of crap. They chose corporations over individuals and in doing so, completely missed the point of what this country is supposed to be.

Interesting that so many people still want to come here from their home countries, though.

highfigh

highfigh

Does that matter from the grave? ;)
No, but if the Police see trip wires and other booby traps, the chance of them saying "Nice!" are slim if they have officers who want to go by the book and yes, they exist.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So find a source that you can live with. I just grabbed a link, but somewhere, other links will agree with this. I don't grab links just for being from Conservatives because I know you guys will skewer me for it but I just look for info.
But why post that crap you did?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hell, just may as well just post your opinions rather than link crap, too. Or at least your analysis, in your own words, of what's going on. Living in nazi central must be interesting in any case....

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General

listen to the children. They have to live with the trauma. I am glad so many gun lovers are advocates of mental heath as a preventive measure. I think the survivors, first responders, and the community are going to need a lifetime of mental health services.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

And there is a collateral death in the school, the husband of one of the dead teachers. Now there are 4 children left behind, I believe.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I have a 9mm PCC rifle that still qualifies as an "AR" in the eyes of the law. It is great for target shooting, though I bought it for home defense since the property at the time was quite large. For indoors, it is basically not going to be useful IMO, so the pistols would be first option. Even at 9mm, the penetration would still be pretty high I feel, less velocity but higher mass. IIRC, in ballistics gel, the 9mm penetrates deeper and stays whole, while 556 has the potential to fragment. I have little use for my rifle now besides target shooting and hate to say that I would not have a problem giving it up either. I do like the AR format due to the extreme flexibility and availability of parts to put to use for almost any application, but really don't see the average consumer needing one, or anything with 30+ rounds for that matter.

For hogs, I would actually think a bolt rifle with a larger and/or higher velocity round would be better and would not come with a 30 rounder. IMO, a solid quality bolt would probably be a little less that a quality AR.
A few qualifiers are needed here with your explanation when comparing a 9mm handgun round and 5.56 NATO rifle round (.223 in civilian language) and that is the projectile (bullet) being used in each. As well as the distance fired. Ballistically speaking the 9mm is nothing more than close range defense round primarily because of capacity and recoil. Whereas the .223 is an excellent varmint round out to 3-400 yds.

As for your bolt action rifle thoughts, many fine choices and a properly loaded .223 will do just fine

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis