afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
When you do the mic setup I would place it in the middle of the TV about 10 ft away from the listening position. I turned the bass up from what Aud put it. Like I said before use a bass CD to adjust to your liking. Mine is setup to 120. Gulp 90? :D That's Fuzz level. ;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
One of these days I got to take some measurements so I can see what is really going on.
Tell your daughter, grandsons and brothers to talk to each other for about 6 months while you read PENG's link. Did you see the size of that thing? :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
When you do the mic setup I would place it in the middle of the TV about 10 ft away from the listening position. I turned the bass up from what Aud put it. Like I said before use a bass CD to adjust to your liking. Mine is setup to 120. Gulp 90? :D That's Fuzz level. ;)
I prefer lower than 120 because it is not so localized. Really like it when the bass disappears and the sound seems just right. Like I said, have NOT done any toe-in just yet. Going to experiment some with that. But, will do it in gradual (baby)steps to see which way I prefer. ;);););)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Tell your daughter, grandsons and brothers to talk to each other for about 6 months while you read PENG's link. Did you see the size of that thing? :D
Yeah, I seen that. Actually, been reading on it......LOL!!!!! Now that you mention it-the file is rather LARGE!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That candy collection cracks me up (and makes me worry about your consumption of same).
Believe it or not I really don't eat much of it. Every once in a while I will have a Snickers.....LOL!!!! I buy sugar-free pop sicles to eat at home. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Cheers,

Phil

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Believe it or not I really don't eat much of it. Every once in a while I will have a Snickers.....LOL!!!! I buy sugar-free pop sicles to eat at home. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Cheers,

Phil
I don't eat much canned peas but I also don't have cases of them. And they don't go stale nearly as fast as candy bars.

:D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I don't eat much canned peas but I also don't have cases of them. And they don't go stale nearly as fast as candy bars.

:D
Well Ken, thought about selling canned peas, but not getting much call for it.....LOL!!! No really, like the pics of your Kef towers you posted over at AVS. They look fantastic! One day hope to hear the LS50's. Maybe even own a set.

Cheers,

Phil

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If you ever want to catch a Polar Bear those peas will come in handy. First you dig a hole in the ice and line it with canned peas. Then when the Polar Bear comes to take a pea you kick him in the ice hole. :D

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
That's great, afterlife2! Who did I see on stage with Roy, besides Elvis Costello, Bruce Sprinsteen, Bonnie Raitt, k.d. lang? Did I see Steve Winwood? Who else?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
No Steve Winwood lol. Get ther DVD it's a great show and SQ for a DVD is exceptional. I used it to adjust my bass.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Cheers,

Phil
Who does eat them then? You sell them to friends and family to help offset your av purchases?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Who does eat them then? You sell them to friends and family to help offset your av purchases?
In my apartment building there are 20 apartments. So, most of my neighbors all know each other well. You could say we are all extended family more or less. So, they come and buy from me instead of going to the local store. Sometimes, I even extend them some credit. Never had one single problem collecting what is owed. Seems to work quite well actually. Just sold a loaf of bread earlier. Usually though, it is merely candy bars, chips, sodas, and etc. People do NOT call me Dollar Bill Phil for nothing......LOL!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
In my apartment building there are 20 apartments. So, most of my neighbors all know each other well. You could say we are all extended family more or less. So, they come and buy from me instead of going to the local store. Sometimes, I even extend them some credit. Never had one single problem collecting what is owed. Seems to work quite well actually. Just sold a loaf of bread earlier. Usually though, it is merely candy bars, chips, sodas, and etc. People do NOT call me Dollar Bill Phil for nothing......LOL!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Cheers,

Phil
Well that's one way to supplement your income....

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
My point about the closer to 0 thing is just my own preference
Me too. I find TV shows are mastered to different volumes and I need to turn the volume up or down. Similarly, I find some TV/Movies/Music are mastered with different bass volumes and I need to turn the bass up or down. Or sometimes the Mrs has a headache and I need to turn down the bass.

For whatever reason, if Audyssey has already set your bass at -11dB, you have virtually no ability to turn it down further.

I like bass, and in fact turn it up more often than I turn it down. But why would you not want that capability if available? It is a choice between having the ability to turn your bass up 20dB, or turn it up/down 10dB. So far, I have never wished I could turn up the bass 20dB. But that's just me.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Me too. I find TV shows are mastered to different volumes and I need to turn the volume up or down. Similarly, I find some TV/Movies/Music are mastered with different bass volumes and I need to turn the bass up or down. Or sometimes the Mrs has a headache and I need to turn down the bass.

For whatever reason, if Audyssey has already set your bass at -11dB, you have virtually no ability to turn it down further.

I like bass, and in fact turn it up more often than I turn it down. But why would you not want that capability if available? It is a choice between having the ability to turn your bass up 20dB, or turn it up/down 10dB. So far, I have never wished I could turn up the bass 20dB. But that's just me.
Sure would be nice if bass was recorded the same. But, at a good level that would NOT require constant adjustment. Maybe one we will get there. Audyssey initially set my S1500's at -9.5. Have bumped them up to -5.5db. Going to do some more fine tuning soon and experiment with some toe-in. The SVS manual recommends toeing in 5-10 degrees. That is where I will start and go from there.

Cheers,

Phil

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Toe-in pics or it did not happen!!! I envy you in that Apt.:mad::cool: I had to re-adjust my bass as well since I moved stuff around a couple of weeks ago. Roy & Joss Stone live DVD's helped alot. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Toe-in pics or it did not happen!!! I envy you in that Apt.:mad::cool: I had to re-adjust my bass as well since I moved stuff around a couple of weeks ago. Roy & Joss Stone live DVD's helped alot. :)
I am getting there. Have to wait a while before I can get rolling. Apartment Supervisor is here on Tuesdays. Will wait until she leaves just in case......LOL!!!! BTW, will I need to re-run Audyssey each time I toe-in? That is a lot of work if I do......LOL!!!! The Eagles Hell Freezes Over on dvd is amazing as well!

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis