speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hurry up and post pic improvements. :p :D
Patience Grasshopper......LOL!!!! Getting there. No really, plan to take some pics on Sunday. That is, if everything goes as planned. Of course, it never goes as planned. But, I digress and will remain steadfast. It will happen on Sunday......LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, new stands look fine. Nothing wrong with that rack either (I use one just like it so am prejudiced).

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yep, new stands look fine. Nothing wrong with that rack either (I use one just like it so am prejudiced).
Now which rack we talking bout here.....LOL????? No, I want to take it out and make things more symmetrical. That way, I can keep my S1500's equidistant from my MLP. Glad you think the stands look okay. Just told Jon this morning, his website does NOT do them justice. They even came with white gloves top keep finger prints off of them. Very impressed to say the least.

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Now which rack we talking bout here.....LOL????? No, I want to take it out and make things more symmetrical. That way, I can keep my S1500's equidistant from my MLP. Glad you think the stands look okay. Just told Jon this morning, his website does NOT do them justice. They even came with white gloves top keep finger prints off of them. Very impressed to say the least.

Cheers,

Phil
The silver leg/black platform open style one....

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Still have the Ultras for the time being. If I sell them, then I have BIG plans.....LOL!!!! More on that later.

Cheers,

Phil
If things are going as I believe they are, you are going to need some shorter stands! Can you shorten the ones you have?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The silver leg/black platform open style one....
Oh okay when you say rack I think of well you know.....LOL!!!! Just kidding. The stand is coming out just like the tables did. So, things will me much more balanced. That also helps my OCD as I have it bad.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
If things are going as I believe they are, you are going to need some shorter stands! Can you shorten the ones you have?
No, the stands are as short as they get. The stands are 24" whereas the tables was almost 22". My TV stand does NOT set up very high. May have to rectify that too before it is all said and done. More to come!

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL now get on that cable management Mr OCD! Otoh one advantage, even tho non-symmetrical, I like my gear with lights and such off to the side, not under the tv.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
LOL now get on that cable management Mr OCD! Otoh one advantage, even tho non-symmetrical, I like my gear with lights and such off to the side, not under the tv.
Yeah, Stage 1 is getting everything positioned just right/balanced out. Stage 2 is rerunning Audyssey and doing some fine tuning and getting it all dialed in better. Stage 3 is cleaning up the wires/lengths, and etc. Then, my OCD can relax....LOL!!!! ;);););)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
O

Old Audiophool

Audiophyte
Try looking into the Iso Acoustics stands. I bought the Iso ISO L8R155
and they total lived up to the hype and a steal for $100. Absolutely worth the money.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Try looking into the Iso Acoustics stands. I bought the Iso ISO L8R155
and they total lived up to the hype and a steal for $100. Absolutely worth the money.
Thanks-will be sure to check them out when I have the time. If you can provide a link that would be great!

Cheers,

Phil

Robert94

Robert94

Audioholic Intern
What do I need to get to help decouple my Ultras from my stands? Have any recommendations? Would that improve the sound even more? Or, is it just more snake oil? Appreciate the help!
Phil
If you're talking about isolating your speakers from the stands have you tried putting some blue tac (other tacs are available) in the corners underneath the speakers (just a small bit will do) and that can stop a fair bit of vibration passing from the speakers to the stand. For the sake $2 it's worth trying!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
If you're talking about isolating your speakers from the stands have you tried putting some blue tac (other tacs are available) in the corners underneath the speakers (just a small bit will do) and that can stop a fair bit of vibration passing from the speakers to the stand. For the sake $2 it's worth trying!
Don't want to use blue tac or anything like that. Don't want to put it on the bottom of my Ultras. They are fine on the stands. Not worried about them falling off.

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis