Reliability of AVR's and Amps

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Does the avr "lasting" refer to the technology it can offer as "current"?
The Article I read did say life of a AVR was Depending on Manufacturer, if high Quality parts where used. What it said was the one part that would go out first was the capacitors and switches like relays. Also that China had a lot to do with cheap Capacitors that failed a lot and as you would guess HDMI issues like what happen to Onkyo years back.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The Article I read did say life of a AVR was Depending on Manufacturer, if high Quality parts where used. What it said was the one part that would go out first was the capacitors and switches like relays. Also that China had a lot to do with cheap Capacitors that failed a lot and as you would guess HDMI issues like what happen to Onkyo years back.
Sounds like a bit of a stretch. The Onkyo network/hdmi board issue (2009-2012 models) was denied for a while but they did finally get it right and to their credit did an extended warranty program that was quite good at fixing things up....

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Sounds like a bit of a stretch. The Onkyo network/hdmi board issue (2009-2012 models) was denied for a while but they did finally get it right and to their credit did an extended warranty program that was quite good at fixing things up....
Yeah I thought so too, Onkyo fix two units for me they sent box’s packing and shipping labels. Got both AVR’s back in two weeks. A repair shop in Chicago fix the units both Performed flawlessly. I sold them off a year later.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm going to ask you the obvious question. What speakers are you using? There are quite a lot that are unsuitable for AVRs.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Yammy fan boy here. None of my Yamaha AVR's or their old time receivers I've owned ever died. Some are now being recycled by family members and a friend. In fact, for sentimental reasons I recently had to buy back my old R-90 receiver from my nephew/godson, which I initially gave him as a birthday present in the mid-2000's.

Yes, I belong to family of weasels :p

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm going to ask you the obvious question. What speakers are you using? There are quite a lot that are unsuitable for AVRs.
Good call!

@noclue what speakers are you driving with your AVR?

Quite possibly TLS just nailed your problem!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis