REL HT 1508 Predator

V

viseral audio

Audioholic
I enjoyed reading all your posts it will help me educate better ha ha

V

viseral audio

Audioholic
no I truly like everybody's posts especially when it gives me better insight into this hobby(obsession). sorry about my poor attempt at humor!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
no I truly like everybody's posts especially when it gives me better insight into this hobby(obsession). sorry about my poor attempt at humor!
My apologies. Too many years in the forums I guess lol. Many times when some is offered something different than what they already “know”, it becomes a pissing match. I appreciate the clarification. Now, read your post with a little bit of “yeah, ok” on it. That’s where my mind went. So, sorry.
It definitely is hard to translate humor over black and white!

Zedturbo

Zedturbo

Junior Audioholic
I am late to this Thread... But.. I was always told and read the REL is tops for a music system only, due to the way it blends and plays with two speakers. Now mind you this is Audio only. Not HT. This makes me want to buy the REL sub for my system. Currently I am running a single SVS sub when required. It was not the easiest to blend either.. I do run a ported Outlaw in my HT set up and its wonderful. It was not so good for my audio system.
I'm currently running both Rel HT/1508's and they've been fantastic for both music and movies. I had my friends HSU VTF-3 MK5 HP at the same time to have a true comparison between 1 Hsu and 1 Rel and I felt the Rel was more accurate and detailed. Don't get me wrong, the Hsu was incredible as well but I felt it got sloppy in the bid bass notes. Just my opinion...and 2 of my unbiased friends that I was doing a demo for. We all agreed on the Rel

A

anthonyrizzo84

Enthusiast
I find the amp of the 1508 very noisy anyone else in the same situation?
My sitting position is 3 meter away from the sub.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A

anthonyrizzo84

Enthusiast
The amp noise when room is quiet is not normal and audible.
The rel guy came home and change the amp on front of me and it was even louder.

A

anthonyrizzo84

Enthusiast
Its coming from the amp of the sub and its sound like a very faint hum.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Its coming from the amp of the sub and its sound like a very faint hum.

That is not a good sign if it is coming from the amp itself. You sure its the amp and not a ground loop hum?

A

anthonyrizzo84

Enthusiast
That is not a good sign if it is coming from the amp itself. You sure its the amp and not a ground loop hum?
I have the sub connected only to the dedicated power outler and the sound its still there.
It could be a loop but i try everything even had an electrician home.

A

anthonyrizzo84

Enthusiast
Maybe cable tv or sat TV is interfering?
I only have satellite tv connected to the tv but even when i connected the sub only the noise is still there.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Maybe dumb question but do you have an old microwave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zedturbo

Zedturbo

Junior Audioholic
I find the amp of the 1508 very noisy anyone else in the same situation?
My sitting position is 3 meter away from the sub.

I have 2 of them and they are both dead quiet. Only noise I ever hear is when they turn off after I have paused the movie/show for too long but that's it. I can't even hear them turn back on after the long pause

A

anthonyrizzo84

Enthusiast
I have 2 of them and they are both dead quiet. Only noise I ever hear is when they turn off after I have paused the movie/show for too long but that's it. I can't even hear them turn back on after the long pause
Good to hear, unfortunately not my case, i am going to try a dc blocker which is my last resort before sending the sub back.
By the way i love the sub and its really fast just the noise take the enjoyment away for me.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Good to hear, unfortunately not my case, i am going to try a dc blocker which is my last resort before sending the sub back.
By the way i love the sub and its really fast just the noise take the enjoyment away for me.

What sub did you have prior?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis