REL HT 1508 Predator

P

Prolix

Enthusiast
Anyone have thoughts on value for HT use with these now at $1300? I'm seeing open box at $1200.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Anyone have thoughts on value for HT use with these now at $1300? I'm seeing open box at $1200.
There are still Subs that outperform that REL, for less.

So no.

I would still rate this a pass.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
REL makes nice furniture with a bass driver thrown in but I would not call them a subwoofer company. Mid woofer perhaps but not a sub woofer.

E

EBN

Audioholic
REL makes nice furniture with a bass driver thrown in but I would not call them a subwoofer company. Mid woofer perhaps but not a sub woofer.
When you read the review of new Predator II by @shadyJ you might think otherwise. Notice their Tx models are aimed for 2ch audiophiles so forget those. The new HT/1510 model - 15" sealed 1kw with 4x400w mosfets is priced similar to SVS SB4000. Possible dealer discount? Some persons have already prefered the earlier Rel HT models sound over SVS as they rely on manual filters over DSP. This 1510 probably won´t win SPL drag races, but they do put higher emphasis on build and sound quality like Arendal Sound. Of course you have the likes of HSU ULS-15 mk2 for incredible price, but that is only available in US direct to customer. Rel can be good choice in certain countries where you don´t have many quality products available. Rather than talking poop about the company you should be thankfull that they sent their new product to Audioholics for full torture testing. I hope they will send their new HT 1003/1205 models to ShadyJ aswell which are to be introduced soon.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
When you read the review of new Predator II by @shadyJ you might think otherwise. Notice their Tx models are aimed for 2ch audiophiles so forget those. The new HT/1510 model - 15" sealed 1kw with 4x400w mosfets is priced similar to SVS SB4000. Possible dealer discount? Some persons have already prefered the earlier Rel HT models sound over SVS as they rely on manual filters over DSP. This 1510 probably won´t win SPL drag races, but they do put higher emphasis on build and sound quality like Arendal Sound. Of course you have the likes of HSU ULS-15 mk2 for incredible price, but that is only available in US direct to customer. Rel can be good choice in certain countries where you don´t have many quality products available. Rather than talking poop about the company you should be thankfull that they sent their new product to Audioholics for full torture testing. I hope they will send their new HT 1003/1205 models to ShadyJ aswell which are to be introduced soon.
I'd seen a 1510 review by shadyj....where's this (i.e. 1508) one?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
REL's performance for the dollar and sound quality is far over priced to the likes of SVS, Rythmik, HSU, etc. They cater their price to the audiophile crowd and get them to bite with their marketing BS. I guess they learned that from the cable/interconnect industry. Where is this review you mentioned? Preference for one product over another is full of bias unless selected through a correct ABX DBT tests. Audiophiles shun DBT tests like vampires to garlic.

E

EBN

Audioholic
REL's performance for the dollar and sound quality is far over priced to the likes of SVS, Rythmik, HSU, etc. They cater their price to the audiophile crowd and get them to bite with their marketing BS. I guess they learned that from the cable/interconnect industry. Where is this review you mentioned? Preference for one product over another is full of bias unless selected through a correct ABX DBT tests. Audiophiles shun DBT tests like vampires to garlic.
Google it "Rel ht/1510 predator ii audioholics" as for some reason it´s not put on their site yet, but can be read. There is nothing wrong with the performance of this unit and price is within 100$ from SB4000. Perhaps small discount is possible. You haven`t heard these modern Rels so you can´t comment anything on the sound quality. You just assume something. Funny how you can call it marketing BS while i explained how their design separate from other companies and still show superb time domain performance in James review so there is clearly potential for them to sound very good which James noticed too.

Your personal hate toward one brand shows here strongly and fanboyism of Rythmik. Was it you in the Arendal sub thread with same agenda and pushing what you own as the holy grail? There is more than just spl numbers to subwoofers which people don´t seem to understand. Who is doing ABX DBT tests for subwoofers? No one! Have a chat with Jim Wilson or David Vaughn who has over +20years experience with subwoofers and push the DBT for them, they will laugh you! The Rythmik fanboys seems the most vocal about how much better they sound to rest of the field. You can see it in almost every audio forum.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Google it "Rel ht/1510 predator ii audioholics" as for some reason it´s not put on their site yet, but can be read. There is nothing wrong with the performance of this unit and price is within 100$ from SB4000. Perhaps small discount is possible. You haven`t heard these modern Rels so you can´t comment anything on the sound quality. You just assume something. Funny how you can call it marketing BS while i explained how their design separate from other companies and still show superb time domain performance in James review so there is clearly potential for them to sound very good which James noticed too.

Your personal hate toward one brand shows here strongly and fanboyism of Rythmik. Was it you in the Arendal sub thread with same agenda and pushing what you own as the holy grail? There is more than just spl numbers to subwoofers which people don´t seem to understand. Who is doing ABX DBT tests for subwoofers? No one! Have a chat with Jim Wilson or David Vaughn who has over +20years experience with subwoofers and push the DBT for them, they will laugh you! The Rythmik fanboys seems the most vocal about how much better they sound to rest of the field. You can see it in almost every audio forum.
Sighted listening tests which you appear to be an ardent fanboy of are flawed no matter how you dice it. I suppose the next thing you are going to try and sell us is that cables sound different. Numbers in measurements are everything, another misconception that audiophiles trip over. Audiophiles like to believe that their hearing and trained listening is much better and more accurate than the test equipment used to measure the results. BS!!! Try telling that to Dr Floyd Toole. BTW, Jim Wilson and I talk regularily and he has the upmost respect for Rythmik products and their capabilities. I also never claimed that Rythmik sounded better than their competitors. Not once. Your strawman arguements are falling faster than a house of cards.

P

Prolix

Enthusiast
Seeing these down to $1k. 1508 is now competing with the sb-3000. 3 of these vs 2 Arendal 1723 1s.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis