recommendation for garage tv

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
just using for direct tv, blu rays and roku streaming. id like it to have respectable upscaling.
wont need 4k but it seems all tvs come with that now.

needs to be sort of bright and 65 size. wondering if one of those costco tcls would work but i can choose another brand and use a roku with it.
would like to spend less than $1000.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
just using for direct tv, blu rays and roku streaming. id like it to have respectable upscaling.
wont need 4k but it seems all tvs come with that now.

needs to be sort of bright and 65 size. wondering if one of those costco tcls would work but i can choose another brand and use a roku with it.
would like to spend less than $1000.
Those TCL's have been getting good reviews.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have had good use out of TCL with Roku built in as a good value purchase.
Probably not the best quality screen for those picky about such, but it works well and the Roku system beats any other smartTV for ease of use (without you needing to log on through the manufacturers company before you can access Hulu, Prime, and Netflix!
Check pricing with WalMart Online as well. Costco may beat them, but Walmart online is often the best selection/price for a tv. I always wonder that they are kind of screwing over people who buy in-store!

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&facet=tv_screen_size_range_new:60"+-+69"&query=tcl+tv#searchProductResult

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
I have had good use out of TCL with Roku built in as a good value purchase.
Probably not the best quality screen for those picky about such, but it works well and the Roku system beats any other smartTV for ease of use (without you needing to log on through the manufacturers company before you can access Hulu, Prime, and Netflix!
Check pricing with WalMart Online as well. Costco may beat them, but Walmart online is often the best selection/price for a tv. I always wonder that they are kind of screwing over people who buy in-store!

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&facet=tv_screen_size_range_new:60"+-+69"&query=tcl+tv#searchProductResult
id like to buy from costco because of the extra year warranty and i have the costco visa card which adds to more. but i see there are two versions of the tcl. i think its 5 series and another. not sure which one is superior but i think its like only $100 or 2 difference

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry just saw this thread. I have 2 Insignias from Best Buy and my sister also has 2 at her place. Sizes range from 32 to 55 inches. No problems with any of them for over 4 years. They are only 1080 though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis