Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm rebuilding my car a few parts at a time.
I went through that with my truck. It works pretty good now with almost 300k miles on it.

How much was the radiator? What is that, a Probe maybe? 125k miles?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Nothing of interest here, please just post the endless
Objection..... I must seriously protest against this, I think it's incredibly interesting to read about all these endlessly boring situations and lives with no content and no prospect for future.....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
How much was the radiator? What is that, a Probe maybe? 125k miles?
The radiator was $200 for the part, but everything installed (with an oil change and new thermostat) was just under $600.

I have a Prelude. The fact that you almost know how many miles that I have is beginning to scare me... :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The fact that you almost know how many miles that I have is beginning to scare me... :D
You had mentioned it before when you revealed your hesitancy to change the oil. I'm just the opposite when it comes to that. Probe/Prelude ... same thing. :D

I better start getting our bathroom ready for paint. Have fun at work ... with your office mate. :p

mrjsw

mrjsw

Junior Audioholic
I'm rebuilding my car a few parts at a time.
That means it's time to buy a new one. Keep the Prelude for when you drive with your pup. Get another one for when you drive to work.

One of these would never require a radiator. :)

Edit: they're only available to residents of California right now. Which means it's time to buy a condo in San Diego.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I got my 10,000 mile service comin' up on my Porsche GTS
BALLA.

There is no finer car builder in the world than Porsche. None of the super exotics can match its day to day drivability and reliability, and p-cars are so freakin' nice (except the Boxster). Lucky you, man. I'll just keep driving my 12 year old M3. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
mrjsw

mrjsw

Junior Audioholic
I'd seen those before. Pretty interesting. It doesn't look very safe, but maybe it is.
Unlike in the animal kingdom, safety would come from being noticed, not from avoiding notice. I'd think people would be unlikely to not see you, and so they might be less likely to hit you while they're munching their Mega Pork and Bacon Burrito or texting their friends about the fat guy they just saw dripping a Mega Pork And Bacon Burrito all over himself.

Plus, they're bound to be at least as safe as one of these tiny things. ;)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Unlike in the animal kingdom, safety would come from being noticed, not from avoiding notice. I'd think people would be unlikely to not see you, and so they might be less likely to hit you while they're munching their Mega Pork and Bacon Burrito or texting their friends about the fat guy they just saw dripping a Mega Pork And Bacon Burrito all over himself.

There's an Alex joke in there somewhere...

Tiny things...

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan

Both of which would be safer than any motorcycle on the road.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Sweet! I didn't know that you drove one. I'm not a Porsche expert, but it looks like there more than one kind of GTS. Which do you have?
Cayenne GTS.

I wanted something sporty but I gotta tote people a lot, so, this was a good happy medium.

BALLA.

There is no finer car builder in the world than Porsche. None of the super exotics can match its day to day drivability and reliability, and p-cars are so freakin' nice (except the Boxster). Lucky you, man. I'll just keep driving my 12 year old M3. :D
Haha, cheers!

Yeah, Porsche's are great. I'm an engineer..so..they are "the cars for me" ... love the ergonomics and how well thought out they are. I've had a few different sports cars and Porsche's have always been my favorite. I might buy a GT3 as a weekend car when the new ones come out. If I'm smart I'd buy one used with a few miles on it.

I like the M3s too!!!

I actually have a secret love for the 1 series... they gunna make a M1? Not sure why I like it so much, the 3 series makes much more sense....

Last edited by a moderator:
MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Get the M6.

-pat
Too heavy, I'd prefer an SUV at that point. The flooding and stuff down here in South Florida makes having one SUV or truck at your disposal pretty important.

For a really sporty car I'll look at a GT3 when the 10s come out.

The M6 I have driven, and its a great car, but for a 2 door coupe I'd rather have a M3. Just drives better.

Really, for a four door, I have really dug the GTS. I got the Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control and it really drives nicely. Everyone loves the exhaust note too. Comfy seats, room to put speakers/crap/etc. haha.

The traffic down here in South Florida is so bad though, that I really would be fine driving anything. I'm lucky that I live South and work North, so, I don't get a real rush hour, but still there isn't much room to go fast or play around much. Kinda worthless haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis