Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I should only have to hook up video to my receiver because my receiver only decodes audio through the receiver.
Just to make sure that we're on the same page, your receiver can't process audio over HDMI. It is only an HDMI switch and will pass the audio and video through to your TV. To get audio, you need to make another connection (digital optical, digital coax, or analog).

I'm still looking into things. Have you set up your cable box to output audio and video over HDMI?

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
Just to make sure that we're on the same page, your receiver can't process audio over HDMI. It is only an HDMI switch and will pass the audio and video through to your TV. To get audio, you need to make another connection (digital optical, digital coax, or analog).

I'm still looking into things. Have you set up your cable box to output audio and video over HDMI?
audio is not the problem! the video is the problem!! the sound is all digtial. :D

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
My problem is the tv's owners manual says to hookup the cable box up to the tv but i want to switch from the receiver!! if that means anything

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Have you tried connecting the HDMI from the cable box directly to your TV? If so, does it work?

Page 12 of the owner's manual for your TV must be HDCP compliant in order to get video from the HDMI output on the cable box.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I ate too much lunch today. I only had an apple for dinner to compensate, but I still feel full.

Four more posts for 9000.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
Then let me rephrase my question - have you set up your cable box to output video over HDMI?
ok lets talk about that!! the settings on the box all set to digital out, no hdmis setttings here!! but I do have the hdmi inputs on the box!!

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I ate too much lunch today. I only had an apple for dinner to compensate, but I still feel full.

Its almost been 15 minutes! The suspense is killing me! Where is that 9000th post!?!?!:eek:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

I had my first steak since my cholesterol results came in. I splurged for the $10.99/lb strip steaks. I felt pretty full but I did not allow that to stand in the way of the kind of gluttony that I know I have the capacity for.

I passed on the Cinnabon dessert thing and had oatmeal with splenda and dried fruit like a world class wuss.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Another surprising thing: I have used the phrase, "this parachute is a knapsack" in this thread already.

Perhaps I no longer have any original thoughts.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I had my first steak since my cholesterol results came in. I splurged for the $10.99/lb strip steaks. I felt pretty full but I did not allow that to stand in the way of the kind of gluttony that I know I have the capacity for.

I passed on the Cinnabon dessert thing and had oatmeal with splenda and dried fruit like a world class wuss.
Would the Cinnabon dessert thing cost more than $547 to overnight to the Colorado region? I will eat it!

Very close to what I was thinking.

[And that, good people, is number 9000.]
Woohoo! Too bad you don't get promoted to Audioholic Tweeker when you hit 9000!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Look at those numbers line up 9,000 and 2,000 and 2,176???

Needs 24 more thanks ... :)

1:p

:D:D it's dare

Now don't wreck it.
Go and dream of overtaking j_garcia. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com