Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Mormons are fine people. Don't get sidetracked.
What? :D You're the one getting sidetracked, brother, or I'm just way too sober. It wasn't a typo in my post.

When your dog chases rabbits, she does it because she likes it. Not because the rabbits like it.:D
Don't believe them. They like it. They like it just fine. If they didn't, they wouldn't tease her so much. ;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You'll find one. I got faith. I just hope you find one before Jamie finds one for you.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Burn After Reading, was interesting. It sure took a turn after Brad Pitt and George Clooney met.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Burn After Reading, was interesting. It sure took a turn after Brad Pitt and George Clooney met.
Indeed it did take a turn.

Burn After Reading had it's few moments of comedy. Overall I felt the movie lacked the coherence it needed. If the movie was intended to be sad, or make me feel anything other than annoyance then it failed. I didn't care about the characters. I cared more about what the actors where doing as the characters rather than what happened to the characters.

They should have called it "Burn After Watching", ha ha ha (I'm sure the Coen brothers have heard that line thousands of times):rolleyes: Movie was ridiculous.:cool:

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Indeed it did take a turn.

Burn After Reading had it's few moments of comedy. Overall I felt the movie lacked the coherence it needed. If the movie was intended to be sad, or make me feel anything other than annoyance then it failed. I didn't care about the characters. I cared more about what the actors where doing as the characters rather than what happened to the characters.

They should have called it "Burn After Watching", ha ha ha (I'm sure the Coen brothers have heard that line thousands of times):rolleyes: Movie was ridiculous.:cool:
I totally agree. I don't quite feel as strongly about "burn after watching", but I'm sure glad I didn't bring that home.

Speaking of bringing home movies, my wife asked if I wanted Pinocchio (sp?) in Blu-Ray.

I told her, "no, the movie is like 70 years old. What's the price difference between Blu and DVD?"

She said "$10."

"Well, how much is the blu-ray then?"

"$30"

"Holy $*#*, are you f*(*&#$# kidding me? $20 for a DVD?" :D

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Hey, Chris - you're all set. It's only $24.49 at Amazon - and it includes both the blu-ray and the DVD.
Thanks! I didn't really care, as I'll probably rip it to my computer and use a Sage HD to get it down to the theater.

That's what I decided to get (the Sage HD) instead of the Pioneer SC-05. I have a Marantz 8001, and just didn't see that much benefit going to the Pio. Maybe next year we'll see what Pioneer will crank out. Good receivers sure are coming down in price. I'm pretty impressed what Pio, Yamaha, Onkyo, and even Denon are cranking out for sub $1500.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm watching digital TV with my new converter box. Unfortunately, the PBS station with "Alan Alda in Scientific American Frontiers" playing right now hasn't had audio all day. Bummer. I would have liked to have watched that (and listened to it :)). Oh, well. It'll be on again.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I'm watching digital TV with my new converter box. Unfortunately, the PBS station with "Alan Alda in Scientific American Frontiers" playing right now hasn't had audio all day. Bummer. I would have liked to have watched that (and listened to it :)). Oh, well. It'll be on again.
You just reminded me that I have Ultimate Factories:Ferrari recorded from NatGeo HD. I'm going to be sporting some giant wood after watching that show.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
:eek: Holy ish. I just realized that I have over 25% of the posts in this thread.

Maybe I do need a girlfriend...
So, you didn't like my Nevada, Midnight Bunny Ranch idea?
In the long run it's cheaper and less aggravation than a girlfriend.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis