Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Man V. Food

What ?!?

You better add three eggs and a slice of pie to that or I am going elsewhere to read about food. Bacon would work too. Meat ...
Have any you chowhounds seen Man V. Food on Travel Channel HD? I happened across it when surfing HD channels and it's a very entertaining show. The premise is this guy goes around the country visiting the "Pig Out Parlors" in each town that feature really decadent menus and specialties. Then at the end of the show he takes on the local food eating challenge like a eating a 4 pound burger the size of a seat cushion or the famous 72 Ounce Steak eating challenge - hence the Man V. Food title. Check it out if you get a chance.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My childhood home town is going to be featured on ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition this Sunday. Boring to you...exciting to me. I found out during my parents' visit last week. Too bad that I moved my antenna and ABC went from crystal clear to really snowy. Uggg. I gotta fix that by Sunday.

It was interesting to me to hear my dad's comment when I asked, "Well, how does the new house look?" The part of his reply that I remember is, "Out of place." I hadn't ever heard from someone who actually saw one of those homes before. From what I've read and what I heard from my parents, the people in the town seem to think that ABC should have built their new house on one of the new home lots in town, as it takes up almost the entire lot that it's on.

I spent my entire childhood in a home that is probably about one mile from where they built the new house. My grade school and junior high (which are connected buildings) was right there, and I'd pass that house frequently on the way to the high school or main park (where I used to work out). I can't wait to see what parts of town they show.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm starting to think back to my younger years now. The house that is going to be shown on ABC is on the corner of Willow and 14th streets. 14th street was half a block from my house. Just up the street on Willow is a large bump that, if you go fast enough, you leave the ground and feel weightless (well, that's my recollection). My mom used to treat us to that when we were kids. When my friend did it in high school, I felt more lightheaded than anything...seeing as how I hit my head on the roof of his van. BTW, the van was named the "Beast" - no relation to Matt's brave pooch, of course. :) There was also a Big Boy restaurant there.

J

jamie2112

Banned
A good friend of mine is the head sound recorder on Home Makeover. He brought Ty and some of the crew guys to a 311 show at the Salt Lake amp in Utah a couple of summers ago. Ty was really cool, he and John hung at the soundboard the whole show and got tanked. We had a great time hanging after the show.He was a really great guy and he is doing a great thing for families in need....

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Almost 6 just got back from my afterhours set, gunna sleep an hour and then go to work. haha. Then after work sleep and get up at 11 or so for my set tonight at midnight. :eek::eek:

J

jamie2112

Banned
deci is 4/7 of bel....jeeze Midcow what is going on with your math?:D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I'm back from vacation. Went from 75 and sunny to 10 and windy.:eek:

Oh and I have 498 new posts to read.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Welcome home buddy hope you had a blast...
Thanks man. We had a great time. Our little one was gobsmacked with seeing the princesses and got all their autograph's. Worth every penny to see how happy she was. I must say I enjoyed the Animal kingdom park the best. But the best ride by far was the Rockin Roller coaster at Hollywood Disney 0-60 in 2.2 seconds. Good stuff.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis