Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Waiting on Memorial Day here in the States... Hoping for better pricing.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
How was quarantine, I hear you ask! Well...
This is Tingulet, an Italian influenced dish that has some preparation similarities with risoto, but instead of rice, you add pasta (hard, not boiled) directly into the sauce and slowly stir and add liquid until the pasta is soft. the starch that it releases makes it thick and creamy:
1589537127610.jpeg

Oh, by all means; chicken kernel, black olives, artichokes, shallots, red bell pepper, Grana Padano, chili flakes (oaked chardonnay)

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
This here is slowly baked pork belly that was marinated in Prošek (a traditional Croatian sweet wine made from partially dried grapes):
1589537099845.jpeg

Steamed vegetables as a side dish (with beer or more acidic wines because of fat, I chose fresh Teran)

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
A Balkan dish that predates Burgers; Pljeskavica u Somunu:
1589537205351.jpeg

Beer of course. The only wine I'd consider is a very young, fresh Mosel Riesling.

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
One of my favourite risottos is my own recipe. It relies on a perfect match of ingredients rather than a lot of flavours and spices. Rather simple; diced leek and blue egg plant into warm olive oil with a clove of ground garlic, After 5-10 minutes you add diced zucchini and after another 5-10 turkey breast. The only spice/herb (and it goes in minute amounts) is kopar (it is the green part of dill, dried).
It has to be what is known as false risotto, meaning you add boiled rice at the end and mix. If you were to add hard uncooked rice by the time it would be soft, the vegetables would be totally mashed. So you make soft, creamy rice (originario type) and when everything is done you mix in equal parts rice and vegetables 1:1.
1589537730769.jpeg

Fresh, young whites. I've chosen a blend of Sauvignon and Istrian Malvasia called Valle by Kozlovich.

Last edited:
killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Came by some cheap boar meet from a friend hunter, soo.... Why not; Wild boar goulash prepared like a thick, dark sauce for some traditional bronze-cut pasta (and the number one red wine from my native island):
1589538101181.jpeg

Serious reds and nothing else! This is made from Plavac Mali, one of the strongest red varieties in my country. Aged 5 years before hitting the market of which it spent 24 months in 500 liter barrels. (Plavac doesn't like small Bordeaux barrels).

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Saturday evening Internet is out at my entire area due to some fiber was cut. Feeling sorry for people relying on online streaming for their entertainment

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Saturday evening Internet is out at my entire area due to some fiber was cut. Feeling sorry for people relying on online streaming for their entertainment
Gotta love having a large local library.

One thing I noticed that I thought was odd about Plex is that it seems even local user profiles rely on internet. Their API or some service was down the other day and I only had access to the main account. Weird. I remember in the past you could still access local user accounts. Wonder if it's a setting?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Gotta love having a large local library.

One thing I noticed that I thought was odd about Plex is that it seems even local user profiles rely on internet. Their API or some service was down the other day and I only had access to the main account. Weird. I remember in the past you could still access local user accounts. Wonder if it's a setting?
Yeah, they have been doing this crap for a while now. many (rightfully) upset that you COULD get locked out of your own home plex server if auth token expires. there are two changes needed to avoid that and both needed to be done before you get offline issues.
Worst offender turns out was my FireTV 4k thingy. It completely refused to show the normal "home" screen without the internet. I had to launch the Plex app from the settings/apps menu. it was totally unnecessary cumbersome. poop like that will make me go back to 905X boards or RasPi. Fully functional LibreElec for RasPi 4B should be hopefully ready soon. There are some (serious) gaps that I will rather wait until resolved.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis