Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wow ... sounds pretty good too, until you stop and think about the time you listened to CDs.

I got their free month. It's kinda cool because I used Pandora mostly for Bluegrass and Blues and it was getting old. It's pretty telling that as soon as the Pandora Premium Service got dropped, the head phones got hung up. Bumping up to 320 from 192 with Spotify has me listening on real speakers for background music. Meaning it has to be like a 4/10 to play on the cans and like a 6/10 for speakers so Pandora at say a 5 gets can play but not speaker play. Spotify being a say 6 gets the speakers too. It's early and my head is still straight. This ought to make sense but it sounds stupid anyway.

Pandora kept shutting down on my laptop so that was a POS for premium. Spotify gave me a user name that was #1 unchangeable and #2 two miles long, the f^%&ers. Entering it in on my phone was like Trump giving Puty the nuclear codes.

... and my phone is out in the truck. Can I possibly be thinking about giving Spotify $9.99 + tax? Dirty f^%&s don't tell you what the f^%&in' tax is so they can splash 9.99 all over the place. I'm just pissed cause I walked out to the truck only to find that nobody called. I needed to log my drug crap. Seriously, I can't keep that straight. Seems like everytime I get some good time in between doses, the PT people or life in general provides me with new and improved pain to recommend narcotics.

Gonna see a doc (PA) today. I learned to use the note thing in my phone as well as the calendar. That's kinda big for me. I actually dragged a 3 ring binder into rehab because that's where I wrote my questions down. I think the PT chick was laughing at my obvious unfamiliarity with phones.

Oh ... more CL deals. I'm gonna learn: Oxycodone and shopping do not mix. I'm not overspending money. I'm overestimating my interest while a little high and bored. So now I have ten dollars worth of some sort of resistance bands and a huge wall poster telling you how to become Mr. Universe with these 7 simple rubber bands and associated door attachment hardware. All I'm seeing so far is some super nice bungee cords but whatev.

Yesterday was day 2 in water. It was also the 2nd water PT person. They all have a unique approach. My PT chick did the cupping thing around my knee. I let her.

I did get a pretty sweet manicure kit off Amazon out of this TKJR. I am totally blaming the drugs for that purchase.
Good luck on the continued rehab. I tested out my wonky knee on a bike ride Wednesday, while I can feel it, I think I can do that again (when the smokey air clears that is, kinda bad at the moment).

Just got off chat with Spotify as I had looked at my billing this month and it was $14.99 instead of 9.99. I looked at account details and all of a sudden I had a listing of a family account with several "family" members....two were russian email addys and one was a group of three with a english sounding surname. I did recently have some issue where it seemed someone had tapped my account so had recently reset my password but didn't see the "family" at that time. Spotify has credited me and given me a free month for the trouble and I've reset my password. I use a username of my choice, never had one "assigned".....that would be frustrating.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Any one have any experience with the moto g6 phone... I don't need a top of the line phone. Looking for a bang for the buck phone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I need to get off my wallet... my lap top is old... my cell phone is old... my truck is old... and my receiver is old...and I've been looking at edrum kits...
You can click Aspire E5-575G to see what I got based on a BSA recommendation. Solid choice that has almost made me forget how great Vista truly was. It was $550-ish when I got it. I would get a current rec from him. I think he does computers for a living. Wicked smart. :D Seriously, a little old lady asked me about her tablet dying and I told her to get another one that her son recommended so she could get support from him because if I had to help her with a computer it was gonna involve BSA.

She has a Samsung tablet of some sort but with a full charge the screen is half lit and it doesn't work right. I'll get better info and start a thread I suppose. Might learn something about tablets. I think BSA recommended Swerd get a Chromebook or something?

Your truck is gonna stay old. I waited a decade for you you to buy a TV. I don't believe you're gonna buy a rec'r until the old one dies or a new truck until your shoes wear out. You've toyed with us like this before.

Any one have any experience with the moto g6 phone... I don't need a top of the line phone. Looking for a bang for the buck phone.
This just in from our resident computer guy:

https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/128gb-essential-phone-ph-1-unlocked-smartphone-gray-snapdragon-835-4gb-ram.112341/

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I haven't felt 18 in a long time...

...what was her name again???...
You know Rick hates it when you call her that.

EDIT: 4:05 ... not bad, it would be better if I could sleep until she had coffee made but I didn't crawl out of bed until after 3. That's good.

Plan for the day:
  1. more coffee
  2. drugs/every stretch known to man
  3. food
  4. plumbing supplier
  5. Indulging in my delusions of grandeur after fixing a simple problem

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
You can click Aspire E5-575G to see what I got based on a BSA recommendation. Solid choice that has almost made me forget how great Vista truly was. It was $550-ish when I got it. I would get a current rec from him. I think he does computers for a living. Wicked smart. :D Seriously, a little old lady asked me about her tablet dying and I told her to get another one that her son recommended so she could get support from him because if I had to help her with a computer it was gonna involve BSA.

She has a Samsung tablet of some sort but with a full charge the screen is half lit and it doesn't work right. I'll get better info and start a thread I suppose. Might learn something about tablets. I think BSA recommended Swerd get a Chromebook or something?

Your truck is gonna stay old. I waited a decade for you you to buy a TV. I don't believe you're gonna buy a rec'r until the old one dies or a new truck until your shoes wear out. You've toyed with us like this before.

This just in from our resident computer guy:

https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/128gb-essential-phone-ph-1-unlocked-smartphone-gray-snapdragon-835-4gb-ram.112341/

Yes, always interested in what @BoredSysAdmin has to say about tech... where the heck is he??? LOL

2003 Dakota is no Fofo but it has served us well. Told her that I was trading it on a Lotus...

Looking at Denon x3400h and x4400h...

and....

or...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Essential phone deal is fluctuating on Amazon, with the lowest price of $250 to the current $300.
If you're not in rush, set a keepa.com price alert on it when it reaches $250 again.
Alternatively, same money should get you mint condition Galaxy s7 on eBay. $300 or so is price for s8 which is what I have now and I have no upgrade fever. Nothing yet came out for me to desperately want to change it.

Imho all of these are much better phones than G6.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Essential phone deal is fluctuating on Amazon, with the lowest price of $250 to the current $300.
If you're not in rush, set a keepa.com price alert on it when it reaches $250 again.
Alternatively, same money should get you mint condition Galaxy s7 on eBay. $300 or so is price for s8 which is what I have now and I have no upgrade fever. Nothing yet came out for me to desperately want to change it.

Imho all of these are much better phones than G6.
There you are! :cool:

I'm not in a hurry. The wife wants to wait and see if there are any black friday / end of year buy one get one sales. I'm using her old samsung s5 after I broke my s6. She has an s7 and would like an s9... maybe if shes good.:D My son (turning 18 soon) is an iphone guy thinks I should go that way but I am set in my ways so android it is.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Electronic drums? Heresy! Get this kit:

I have two acoustic sets. An old Pearl Export Pro and a much older "Made in Japan" (yes thats the brand name of it) kit from the early sixties. I'd like to get a new acoustic kit and that's a nice one but I'm not sure which set up I'd get... The ekits have become very good and samples programs are really quite impressive. Edrums cant replace an acoustic kit but they are a lot of fun to play with.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I have two acoustic sets. An old Pearl Export Pro and a much older "Made in Japan" (yes thats the brand name of it) kit from the early sixties. I'd like to get a new acoustic kit and that's a nice one but I'm not sure which set up I'd get... The ekits have become very good and samples programs are really quite impressive. Edrums cant replace an acoustic kit but they are a lot of fun to play with.
Yeah, I'm just giving you a hard time. My wife is a purist drummer, and she thinks ekits (I didn't even know they were called that) break some sort of commandment, or at least a constitutional amendment. That DW Collector's Series kit I in the photo I inserted is similar to one of my wife's kits, and it's such a bargain at only $7800 just for the drums, hardware and cymbals not included.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, I'm just giving you a hard time. My wife is a purist drummer, and she thinks ekits (I didn't even know they were called that) break some sort of commandment, or at least a constitutional amendment. That DW Collector's Series kit I in the photo I inserted is similar to one of my wife's kits, and it's such a bargain at only $7800 just for the drums, hardware and cymbals not included.

I know you were busting on me.:cool:

Yeah purists... :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
gonna go get my hair 'styled'. :D

I wanna do a pole for bald guys. Would you rather have hair or better speakers?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Hair, without question.
I got a 1/4" hair-do once. I think I would agree to a shaved melon for the SS8's. Only one way to find out. Somebody notify Jim that I'm ready to throw out my styling gel.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis