Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I've been away for a week and hadn't seen any computer or phone while I was gone. I was at a beach in Rhode Island in a house with far too many people. Despite that, it was fun. The weather was excellent all week. We rode Amtrak for 7 hours each way, and completely avoided driving the dreaded I-95 in July. Still, I'm glad to be home, sleep in my own bed, and drink my own coffee in the morning.

I did manage to see Alex2507 on Wednesday afternoon. He lives about an hour away from where I was staying. I had a real nice visit with him.

On Friday Alex had knee replacement surgery. I got a text from him Saturday morning:
New knee is in. Post op recovery went smoothly except for waking up combative, as they put it. I don't recall it. I apologized and nobody was hurt. So far I have managed to impress the staff with good range of motion, mobility, etc.​

That's good news – and its all I know. I don't know if he's at home or still in the hospital. So, please join me in wishing Alex all the best for a speedy recovery.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
They booted me out after 24 hours. Non combative people can stay longer. I should have stayed longer but it was boring. I should have stayed longer but I'm not as smart as I think I am. I think the rehab people are suppose to tell you that you are doing especially well. Cheryl went wicked healthy on me so I waited for her to go to work and ordered two pizzas. It doesn't seem like thinking outside the box but I never get delivery. To me this was a brainstorm. Pepperoni and mushroom on one and green pepper and sausage on the other. I'm gonna hit the Tylenol a little ahead of schedule so I can snooze. This is all terribly inconvenient. :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
They booted me out after 24 hours. Non combative people can stay longer. I should have stayed longer but it was boring. I should have stayed longer but I'm not as smart as I think I am. I think the rehab people are suppose to tell you that you are doing especially well. Cheryl went wicked healthy on me so I waited for her to go to work and ordered two pizzas. It doesn't seem like thinking outside the box but I never get delivery. To me this was a brainstorm. Pepperoni and mushroom on one and green pepper and sausage on the other. I'm gonna hit the Tylenol a little ahead of schedule so I can snooze. This is all terribly inconvenient. :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Apparently I don't remember my first time waking up after surgery either. I do remember the second time waking up intubated. I don't recommend it. Glad you got out after 24 hours hospitals suck.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
You are a handful when you are happy let alone after being filleted...

Glad you are back home and on the mend.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Doug knows first hand how combative you are when you first wake up :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
See now I was being adult for once...

So now that that's out the window....

You guys missed the "handful" softball...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
As promised ... better get on with the pain before the narcotic wears off. I hate hurting myself.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is hot and humid here in Japan. Here for a week for work. Really love it here even with the heat....

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I paid a visit to a little old lady upstairs. She's 93 and has known me well for a decade.

When I need Man Lessons, I go see her.

She's the hardest person I know.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Story Time

I went to pick up Chinese food. It was before the surgery so at the end of the day, after a drive, I get sore and stiff ... "You're Thor? I'm so thor I can't even pith" ... back to the story. Getting the food was gonna require a brief period of standing and waiting for my knees to acclimate to standing and walking, It was dark and it was starting to rain as I stood there. About 60' away, seated on a bench was this tattooed, homeless reject babbling to himself. I've learned to ignore the homeless in Boston but this was here in God's Country, a kinder, gentler place.

I was going to have the familiar agony of walking on cold stiff knees to get the food and this mope was in the other direction talking to himself in the beginning of what promised to be fat rain. Anyway I grabbed the rain coat from the truck and walked over to the loon with my rain coat in my outstretched hand. He was startled and moved back, clearly threatened. I didn't blame him. I'm a horror show appearing on a rainy night. I tell him it's a rain coat and ask if he wants it.

The guy relaxes and says, "Naw Man" and gestures to the building behind him, "I live right there, but that's cool as sh!t". I turn to walk away because I was done. I didn't want to give away my rain coat to begin with but I just couldn't walk away from his cold, crazy, wet @ss on my way to get food.

He was saying something but I had my own @ss aches and didn't care. I was there for food to start with and now I was back on track. So Avec Chez gets up and says, "Wait, I want to shake your hand". I kept moving away and said, "I don't want to shake your hand", happy that I still had my rain coat but resentful of the wasted steps I took in the opposite direction of the food. The guy took offense and yells out, "That ain't right!" There was other talk out of him but I went and got the food. When I returned, he was still there. As I drove away, he either shot me the bird or gave me a thumbs up. I couldn't make out which.

Even when I try do the right thing, I like to being an @sshole about it.

Okay, the girl is up and the coffee is on.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
it's the Yankee way. Do something nice but be a complete asshole about it :)
I feel the same way

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis