Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Listening to a monaural copy of some Faust and sh!t. Trying to get through some PT exercises before I hit the gym ... but I'm hungry. Hangry is more like it. F^%&.

In a deliberate attempt to procrastinate let me show you what I've been doing with 1/4 sawn maple slats that I pulled off a door in a hundred plus year old building.

I really made the frames to go under the tool boxes so that you don't cut your head open ... but right now they're on top of the tool boxes. And I cleaned that Walnut cabinet up and coated it with like 1-1/2 pound cut of Shellac. The door got something else and man does it ever look different.

Later, b!tches. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Pool was drained for repairs. If this level of inactivity in TBT keeps up I am going to have no choice but to watch the news, form opinions, lose friends and probably get banned for making comments about Trump making America hate again. I been hatin' the whole time so ... o_O

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Pool was drained for repairs. If this level of inactivity in TBT keeps up I am going to have no choice but to watch the news, form opinions, lose friends and probably get banned for making comments about Trump making America hate again. I been hatin' the whole time so ... o_O
I've been wondering why there has been practically no mention of the primaries in the Steam Vent. Is it a Voldemort-like "He who shall not be named" thing? :eek:

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I've been wondering why there has been practically no mention of the primaries in the Steam Vent. Is it a Voldemort-like "He who shall not be named" thing? :eek:
Absolutely nothing good could come of it. Besides, we pretty much already know who is going to vote for whom. In spite of the good, bad and ugly of each candidate, I don't see much crossover voting this time.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Filling out teaching applications is like stress test/gauntlet in and of itself.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
"Why don't you make like a tree, and get the f*** outta here!"
That's right up there with, "My g/f said we need to talk. I said, 'pack up your sh!t and get the f^%& out. We should have had this talk six months ago'."

Filling out teaching applications is like stress test/gauntlet in and of itself.
lOOKING FOR GREENER PASTURES?

sorry about the caps. hope nobody got scared.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
What up gents. Seems like Adam and Greg are still AWOL. We are finally starting to get some decent weather up north.

I've been back on the road bike so money is going into that. I am doing a week long tour called Cycle Adirondacks at the end of August as part of the crew. So I get to ride all the routes and take advantage of the food and amenities in exchange for helping people, giving info about the area and making all the route maps.
I'm here!!!!

I have been down and out with a torn Achille's Tendon and although still 100% non-weight bearing, I got a knee scooter and starting to get around.

Guess what killed my AT...the dang bike and being old. I was training hard all winter vs letting myself get a break like I normally do. I would guess I was grossly overtrained as race season was approaching and went for a MTB ride on an "off" day. Did a nice smooth 3' drop off and my heel dropped and poof, there went me Achilles.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'm here!!!!

I have been down and out with a torn Achille's Tendon and although still 100% non-weight bearing, I got a knee scooter and starting to get around.
Real sorry to hear that. Those hurt and heal slowly. Did it need surgery? Don't be impatient with the PT.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Real sorry to hear that. Those hurt and heal slowly. Did it need surgery? Don't be impatient with the PT.
They didn't do surgery as it wasn't ruptured, just a bad tear of the AT and the Peroneal Tendons. They gave me an option of cutting it in half and sewing it back together or trying a kind of "experimental" treatment of injection of platelet rich plasma and immobilizing it for 6 weeks in a cast and then boot.

They said they are seeing about the same results either way but the PRP route is taking about 6 months for full recovery and the surgery is taking about 1 year.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Trying to get an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon to get my shoulder looked at. I think 2 months is long enough to be in pain.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Woah - did Fuzz get engaged? I really shouldn't have taken a break!

Things here are going fine. Been straightening up the place and...of course...trying to get my Amazon reviews done. Installed two faucets on Memorial Day and another one this past Friday. Just ordered three more. There has got to be a prescription that can help me...

I got my brother a present for his birthday that I think he'll like (and not expect). Odds of him reading this thread are virtually zero, but I'm still going to wait until he gets it before I say what it is.

It sure got hot here this weekend. Things were actually relatively cool, and then POW! There is an "Excessive Heat Warning," which I don't remember ever seeing here in 20 years. It's not THAT hot, at least compared to a normal summer here.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Trying to get an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon to get my shoulder looked at. I think 2 months is long enough to be in pain.
I had my right shoulder heal after over 2 months of agony. I think work (drywall) kept it from healing but eventually I got laid off and it healed. Now I'm trying to work (gym, not drywall) my left shoulder out of a similar predicament. It's getting better slowly. Don't be in a rush to undergo surgery. Especially shoulder surgery.

Adam, welcome back. Your return may cheer Rick up. He has been kinda weepy since YAA got hitched. :)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
They didn't do surgery as it wasn't ruptured, just a bad tear of the AT and the Peroneal Tendons. They gave me an option of cutting it in half and sewing it back together or trying a kind of "experimental" treatment of injection of platelet rich plasma and immobilizing it for 6 weeks in a cast and then boot.

They said they are seeing about the same results either way but the PRP route is taking about 6 months for full recovery and the surgery is taking about 1 year.
Either way its a long recovery. Good luck.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Woah - did Fuzz get engaged? I really shouldn't have taken a break!

Things here are going fine. Been straightening up the place and...of course...trying to get my Amazon reviews done. Installed two faucets on Memorial Day and another one this past Friday. Just ordered three more. There has got to be a prescription that can help me...

I got my brother a present for his birthday that I think he'll like (and not expect). Odds of him reading this thread are virtually zero, but I'm still going to wait until he gets it before I say what it is.

It sure got hot here this weekend. Things were actually relatively cool, and then POW! There is an "Excessive Heat Warning," which I don't remember ever seeing here in 20 years. It's not THAT hot, at least compared to a normal summer here.
Yeah, welcome back.

Isn't there a law in Arizona about having too many faucets?

I think Texas must be hogging up all the rain in the western hemisphere.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis