Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It occurred to me as I unplugged my fridge that you guys would remind me to plug my fridge back in if asked. As I listened to the DSOTM SACD I thought I heard some humming type static sh!t that only bats and Adam could hear. This prompted the visit to the fridge. The hum was definitely coming from the speakers. In the end after systematically unplugging the Oppo and the cable box from 120v and the net and cable coax I disconnected the speaker cables from the Aragon and plugged them into the Yammy 663. Hum is gone. It turns out that my sbl speaker hummed from being too close to the sub amp so I eliminated the rear surrounds. Honestly it sounded like some of the shimmer and crispness was missing from symbols and such until I ditched the rear surrounds. Once I got it all straight and to my liking I made a coffee drink and contemplated the implications of a dirty Aragon and how the lowly Yammy had no trouble filling in while enjoying the hum free simmering crispness of Floyd. I couldn't wait to tell you guys because like, who else really gives a sh!t. On the way to the computer I got myself a drink of water ... and plugged my fridge back in.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Am I being irrational or is it total BS that UPS marks a package as delivered, but then doesn't actually deliver it?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Contacted UPS last week about it, but got nowhere. Contacted Amazon and they said they would get right on it. If Amazon takes over the world, I'm good with that :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not sure if I can fully express how excited I am that I decided to treat myself to a Mexican bottle of Sprite (i.e. with real sugar) during my trip to Target just now. It's currently being chilled in the freezer. Oh, baby.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Contacted UPS last week about it, but got nowhere. Contacted Amazon and they said they would get right on it. If Amazon takes over the world, I'm good with that :D
Were they supposed to drop it off at the apartment office are outside of your door? I wonder if someone snagged it.

On a (possibly) related note - years ago, I watched a FedEx guy (because I happen to be home, but normally wouldn't have been) walk around the side of my house and set a package on top of a sawhorse on the other side of my side wall. Effing bizarre. Why would he even think to place it in my side yard versus at my door? He never even checked if I was home. Had I not seen him, I wouldn't have found that for several days if not weeks because I don't often walk around that side of my house.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Were they supposed to drop it off at the apartment office are outside of your door? I wonder if someone snagged it.

On a (possibly) related note - years ago, I watched a FedEx guy (because I happen to be home, but normally wouldn't have been) walk around the side of my house and set a package on top of a sawhorse on the other side of my side wall. Effing bizarre. Why would he even think to place it in my side yard versus at my door? He never even checked if I was home. Had I not seen him, I wouldn't have found that for several days if not weeks because I don't often walk around that side of my house.
There is an electronic plastic key fob that you need to access the front door to the building. UPS has one and usually leaves it by the mailboxes inside the building. Occasionally they'll leave it outside the door. Sometimes they leave it at the rental office which is nearby. They are wildly inconsistent, at least for my group of apartment buildings. Sometimes they deliver it to the wrong building and no one ever does anything. For whatever reason, this apartment complex is like a black hole for UPS packages. Plus they never, ever leave a doortag. Meanwhile there have been zero issues with Fedex. I should just have all packages rerouted to the UPS store that is like 30 seconds away.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, that sucks. Good luck getting your stuff, dude. As you said, though, Amazon will make it right.

Totally unrelated - I'm amazingly cheap. I was going to break down and buy Legend of the Seeker on Amazon for $25/season, but then I found it on Hulu Plus. Thing is, HP is in stereo. I should just spend the money...except that I hate how Amazon handles fast forwarding and rewinding.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Grading papers just makes me want to punch myself in the nads.
I think that grading papers would make me want to punch you in the nads, too. :D

I contemplated being a teacher throughout college. Thanks for confirming my choice. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I snapped and wired my 2008 back into the system. I recalibrated the system with The One Money Seat mentality. Two rear surround channels being removed produced a ton of wire. The noise floor is a little higher than just using the rec'r but you have to be within a foot or two of the speakers to hear it. I think the Aragon brings something extra to the party, even at low spls. It appears that the hum that was audible from the LP was primarily from the left rear surround picking up noise from a sub amp. Moving the speaker away from the amp quieted it right down. Anyway the 7.2 experiment is over.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I should just stay off of techtalk. All it leads to is me e-mailing Mark over at Meniscus asking for prices. Then I buy stuff. Then I get in trouble. When will I learn :rolleyes:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I should just stay off of techtalk. All it leads to is me e-mailing Mark over at Meniscus asking for prices. Then I buy stuff. Then I get in trouble. When will I learn :rolleyes:
That forum is evil. That's what you get for cheating on AH. I think Lying Eyes is an appropriate song to describe your situation.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Ski season has arrived. Skied this past Sunday. Even with all the riding I did over the summer the legs still felt it. Should be a full weekend coming up with quite a bit more terrain open. We are not getting of the crazy lake effect snow which is a bit of a bummer. I don't want 4 feet in a few hours but a couple feet would have been nice.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Ski season has arrived. Skied this past Sunday. Even with all the riding I did over the summer the legs still felt it. Should be a full weekend coming up with quite a bit more terrain open. We are not getting of the crazy lake effect snow which is a bit of a bummer. I don't want 4 feet in a few hours but a couple feet would have been nice.
I rode in shorts yesterday...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I hate when I buy something and all the parts aren't included, then you call the company and they act like you want an extra table leg for some reason... I spent a little time putting furniture together for the new office, I don't know why I didn't hire someone to do this, or why she didn't buy cabinets that come in 1 piece, we are definitely going to have to discuss this further...

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm tired...up at 4 to get my wife to the medical center for an operation. I have a bad cold on top of that... Waaaaaaaaaa....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis