Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Lie to yourself if you must. We understand.
Well, I suppose I should have classified that statement. As long as the subs I left home aren't destroyed, I'm done for a good long while. I have to start saving up for "important" stuff now that I have a real job. Plus I need to build up that good credit so I can buy a house, and then take out a second mortgage on it to install several rotary subs.

My two cheapies have a 50Hz bloat according to Rives Test Disc so when I got speakers that could go below 80 Hz I crossed everything at 60Hz. I figure it lets the subs take over where they are most capable. I maintain the ability to easily switch off the subs by having them plugged into a switched outlet.

Sounds like you should just add in some active electronics and smooth that bloat out. Then swap out the cheapies for not so cheapies :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Excuse me guys, you are getting off topic here, this thread is NOT for audio talk, now get back to the normal grab assery that I like to see littered around here on a daily basis...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Listening to high school students talk, makes me want to wheel myself off a bridge long before I need to depend on their generation to take care of me.

Although I'm sure the generation before mine said/says the same thing.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My jump starters arrived yesterday, a day earlier than expected. The one thing that I didn't look at - the weight. Wow, those are heftier than I had expected. Not more than I should have expected given that they are batteries...but more than I did. Nice, though. The one that I opened for myself arrived fully charged. I plugged it in anyway, but it was already fully good to go. That's a nice touch.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I been starin' at YAA's avatar for the last couple a minutes thinkin' 'bout that pointy thing on top of his head ... the expression on his face.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
It is bitterly cold this morning in Fort Worth. It nearly froze last night.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
New TV is on its way (Samsung UN60H7150). I might actually bother to lower the wall mount too since I've got to actually deal with it one way or the other..

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Rocket bicycle sets 207mph speed record
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30007505

"The rocket-propelled bicycle, named Kamikaze 5, was designed by Mr Gissy's Swiss friend Arnold Neracher, and has been used in a series of ever-faster speed challenges organised by the two men since 2011."

With a name like Kamikaze 5, I guess we don't have to wonder what happened to Kamikaze 1 through 4. :rolleyes:

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
My jump starters arrived yesterday, a day earlier than expected. The one thing that I didn't look at - the weight. Wow, those are heftier than I had expected. Not more than I should have expected given that they are batteries...but more than I did. Nice, though. The one that I opened for myself arrived fully charged. I plugged it in anyway, but it was already fully good to go. That's a nice touch.
Awesome, go put your headlights on and watch the Lord of rings box set, so you can test the jump starter...

Also quick note, may save someone some money some day, NEVER hook your jump starter up with your with the ignition key on, its a good way to cook your ecm and any other module that is live when you do it, ask me how I know that a 2012 duramax ecm costs $2900, you don't even want to know what the air bag and antilock brake modules cost...

majorloser

majorloser

I can't believe I actually took the time out from my vacation to check this thread today.

I really don't have a life...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I'll be on permanent vacation soon, I should buy audioholics, it will give me something to do, and I can go around the word and listen to speakers... I said that to my wife just now and you should see her face... I think I am getting divorced, lol... she said "whats different about that, from what you do now?", lol...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Rocket bicycle sets 207mph speed record
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30007505

"The rocket-propelled bicycle, named Kamikaze 5, was designed by Mr Gissy's Swiss friend Arnold Neracher, and has been used in a series of ever-faster speed challenges organised by the two men since 2011."

With a name like Kamikaze 5, I guess we don't have to wonder what happened to Kamikaze 1 through 4. :rolleyes:
I just want the real estate. Look at that garage. Why isn't he bangin' out speakers?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I just want the real estate. Look at that garage. Why isn't he bangin' out speakers?
I think he's busy working on Kamikaze 6. To go faster, he will need to cut down on air resistance…

upload_2014-11-12_9-29-44.jpeg

Maybe Adam can help with this design.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis