Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
So, on a different note, my 50th birthday is approaching and my wife wanted to do something special for me (meaning "us"). She asked me if there was a limit on what she could spend. And, from the way she was acting I guessed exactly what she had in mind. She wants the three of us to fly to Toronto to see a Maple Leafs game (I'm a dedicated Leafs fan.....shut up!:D), since I've never seen them live. I had no idea what tickets cost, so I said go ahead and check it out. Well, unless we want to watch the game through binoculars, it'll be about $400....each!!!:eek::eek: I'm not sure I want to go that much. She thought we could make a long weekend of it and go see a show, yadda, yadda. I've been to Toronto a few times and really.....beyond seeing the Leafs, it doesn't hold much appeal for me (no offence intended towards any Torontonians:eek:).

If she really wants to make me happy, she could buy me a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon and phono pre-amp.:) It would be a lottttt less expensive. But, I can see her reaction now: "Oh. So it's all about you, is it?":rolleyes:

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Which South Park episode should I watch (Background noise needed!)?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So, on a different note, my 50th birthday is approaching and my wife wanted to do something special for me (meaning "us"). She asked me if there was a limit on what she could spend. And, from the way she was acting I guessed exactly what she had in mind. She wants the three of us to fly to Toronto to see a Maple Leafs game (I'm a dedicated Leafs fan.....shut up!:D), since I've never seen them live. I had no idea what tickets cost, so I said go ahead and check it out. Well, unless we want to watch the game through binoculars, it'll be about $400....each!!!:eek::eek: I'm not sure I want to go that much. She thought we could make a long weekend of it and go see a show, yadda, yadda. I've been to Toronto a few times and really.....beyond seeing the Leafs, it doesn't hold much appeal for me (no offence intended towards any Torontonians:eek:).

If she really wants to make me happy, she could buy me a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon and phono pre-amp.:) It would be a lottttt less expensive. But, I can see her reaction now: "Oh. So it's all about you, is it?":rolleyes:
I can't understand any of this but laughed anyway. Go see the damn Leafs on her birthday and get the record player on your birthday ... unless of course she wants the record player on her birthday. :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
So, on a different note, my 50th birthday is approaching and my wife wanted to do something special for me (meaning "us"). She asked me if there was a limit on what she could spend. And, from the way she was acting I guessed exactly what she had in mind. She wants the three of us to fly to Toronto to see a Maple Leafs game it'll be about $400....each!!!:eek::eek:
Just so I understand.
You're paying $400 each to fly somewhere....... and you'll still be stuck in Canada?
Life just isn't fair...

:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh yeah ... I forgot to add that the people of TO eagerly await your return. It's all they could talk about the last time I was there. Really. :D :p

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I can't understand any of this but laughed anyway. Go see the damn Leafs on her birthday and get the record player on your birthday ... unless of course she wants the record player on her birthday. :D
She doesn't want the freakin' turntable - I do! If she is determined to do it her way, I think I'd rather see them in New York, playing the Rangers. At least New York Has lots of other stuff to see and do. Other than the CN Tower, Toronto has....meh.....:rolleyes:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Its your birthday so go alone... See I just saved you $400... I should be a financial advisor... But seriously, I wouldn't go to canada, its cold...
I don't think the climate changes drastically between CT an NS. You're only a couple hundred miles south of me. Besides, I like being on top.;)

What?:D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I don't think the climate changes drastically between CT an NS. You're only a couple hundred miles south of me. Besides, I like being on top.;)

What?:D
The climate change is different from here and New Hampshire, lol

I so love Nova Scotia, we used to take the cat ferry over and then ride the motorcycle all over the place, we did it every year, I think 2010 was the last time, they were stopping the ferry and we never went back... I believe they restarted the ferry I would love to go back... Did you ever hear of cabot Trail? That was some of the best riding of my life... I swear we stayed at every B&B in NS, we were there for 3 weeks one trip and never stayed in the same place more than 2 nights... Good memories...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The climate change is different from here and New Hampshire, lol

I so love Nova Scotia, we used to take the cat ferry over and then ride the motorcycle all over the place, we did it every year, I think 2010 was the last time, they were stopping the ferry and we never went back... I believe they restarted the ferry I would love to go back... Did you ever hear of cabot Trail? That was some of the best riding of my life... I swear we stayed at every B&B in NS, we were there for 3 weeks one trip and never stayed in the same place more than 2 nights... Good memories...
They do have a ferry back in service, between Portland and Yarmouth. It's not a cat though, so it's slower. Of course, the reason the service was cut in the first place is that it required large government subsidies and the government of the day decided to take the political hit and cut the subsidy. The Yarmouth area relied heavily on tourist traffic, which they lost when the ferry stopped running. This year, the government (there's a different party in power now:rolleyes:) came up with an agreement to subsidize a new ferry. Now the company is saying that it isn't enough and will be shortening the season due to lack of traffic.:rolleyes:

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
So there's a 50th and Adam got banned? That's terrible it won't be the same with out him
Wait did Irv get banned?
Oh no this is getting worse
I'd be alright if they banned Alex or fuzz that wouldn't bother me as much. But not Irv or Adam :( it won't be the same with out them

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
So there's a 50th and Adam got banned? That's terrible it won't be the same with out him
Wait did Irv get banned?
I'd be alright if they banned Alex or fuzz that wouldn't bother me as much. But not Irv or Adam :( it won't be the same with out them
I am still here, not banned yet, I bounce on the line once and awhile, lol..

They do have a ferry back in service, between Portland and Yarmouth. It's not a cat though, so it's slower. Of course, the reason the service was cut in the first place is that it required large government subsidies and the government of the day decided to take the political hit and cut the subsidy. The Yarmouth area relied heavily on tourist traffic, which they lost when the ferry stopped running. This year, the government (there's a different party in power now:rolleyes:) came up with an agreement to subsidize a new ferry. Now the company is saying that it isn't enough and will be shortening the season due to lack of traffic.:rolleyes:
It used to be busy 4-5 years ago, but hardly anyone knew about it, they don't advertise it like they should, Mass, CT, RI, NY, NJ, there is a lot of money in these areas and the cat was a nice little vacation, that boat was FAST, and NS is a gorgeous place to visit...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Wait did Irv get banned?
Q: Why does Alex think Bryce is pregnant?

A: Because Bryce missed a couple of periods. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis