Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
All done with the install - made it all the way through without any water spills...until the very end. I had disconnected a hose for the original faucet, had the end in a container in case the water still in it began to drain (which it didn't), and then forgot about it ten minutes later when I unscrewed the spout on the other end of that hose. Well, the water drained then. :) Would have been fine if the other end stayed in the container, but it didn't. Pretty minor spill, though.

The new faucet looks really nice. It's almost the twin of the one that I've been using for a year and a half, but with a bit more "flair." :D One odd thing is that my Arbor model has a 2.2 GPM spout, while this one is 1.5 GPM. They are the same vintage of model, and really are essentially twins, as the instruction manual is actually for both of them (and it shows the Arbor in all of the pictures).

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You should have a quick install kit on that thing... You should at least invest in one of these Superior Tool 03825 Basin Buddy - Adjustable Wrenches - Amazon.com makes the entire situation a little easier...
The plastic tool they provide works really well, actually. The hard part is getting the under sink mounting plate and washer routed up through the three water hoses and electrical line, all while reaching behind a garbage disposal with the nut in my hand (shuuut UP! :D) ready to thread that on because I can only reach back there with one arm...while the other arm is keeping tension on one of the water lines to keep the fixture from falling over when I bump against the threaded pipe under the sink.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
The plastic tool they provide works really well, actually. The hard part is getting the under sink mounting plate and washer routed up through the three water hoses and electrical line, all while reaching behind a garbage disposal with the nut in my hand (shuuut UP! :D) ready to thread that on because I can only reach back there with one arm...while the other arm is keeping tension on one of the water lines to keep the fixture from falling over when I bump against the threaded pipe under the sink.

Ill give you a quick lesson for free... Roll your plumbers putty into a snake, then put it around the base of the faucet, stick the faucet where you want it, then put your sand snake on the faucet, it wont move anywhere... If you dont have a sand snake you can make one out of a long tube sock and sand, its just a heavy flexible weight that can go around the faucet to stabilise it and hold it where you want it.. Now go underneath and fasten it all up...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just use a towel. :D Well, I haven't done that in a while because I can keep the faucet upright by pulling on the water hoses, but I wrapped my first couple in a towel to protect them. Good idea with the flexible weight, though.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I just use a towel. :D Well, I haven't done that in a while because I can keep the faucet upright by pulling on the water hoses, but I wrapped my first couple in a towel to protect them. Good idea with the flexible weight, though.
Not my idea, they actually sell them in plumbing supply shops, some call them plumber buddies, weight snakes, over the years I seen a few variations, they used to have a fancy one with bungy corded so you can bungee the faucet to the weighted sock....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I installed this faucet last night. Really, just a gorgeous faucet...but I don't think that I'd be able to keep it installed.

Why? Well, from the side it looks like...ummm...let's just say...a fertility idol. Okay, okay - maybe I might be jealous. :eek: :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Fuzz, if you're interested, I got my video done this morning for the Moen Brantsford with the motion sensors. Don't know if you're still looking at those or not.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nothing really to say...just sad that this thread hasn't had any posts for about two days.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Back to work for me. I'm only going to do it for the money. You're gonna be on your own for a while. No crying, k?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis