Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I never thought of doing Yoga as living on the edge.

Gonna check rb for movies. Good day to relax.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
One the grandkids next door sounds just like a minion. Same pitch, same inflection, and utterly unintelligible.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I woke up from a nap to find a box from Amazon outside my door. One of the things that I ordered was a cereal that I hadn't tried before (Kashi 7 Grain Nuggets). I just ate a bowl. Not bad.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
I never thought of doing Yoga as living on the edge.
I'm pretty far from the edge these days. Or maybe the edge moved?

Like before, the edge was doing blow off an eastern europeans tits in the back of a nightclub....

Versus now, the edge is, ugh, yoga...apparently. :confused:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Having all this new teacher B.S. has me about as sleep deprived as finals week in college. I also accepted an assistant varsity soccer coaching position, which by all accounts was pretty stupid given that I also stupidly volunteered myself to teach an AP course. Whatever, just pile that sh*t on. The sooner I hit rock bottom, the sooner it's all uphill.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Having all this new teacher B.S. has me about as sleep deprived as finals week in college. I also accepted an assistant varsity soccer coaching position, which by all accounts was pretty stupid given that I also stupidly volunteered myself to teach an AP course. Whatever, just pile that sh*t on. The sooner I hit rock bottom, the sooner it's all uphill.
I figured that you were getting busy, not being around here much and all. That's a lot to take on your first year! You're supposed to set that bar looow. Makes it really easy to improve. :D

J/K, Fuzz. Hope all is going well at the new place and with the new job, for both you and the GF.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I figured that you were getting busy, not being around here much and all. That's a lot to take on your first year! You're supposed to set that bar looow. Makes it really easy to improve. :D

J/K, Fuzz. Hope all is going well at the new place and with the new job, for both you and the GF.
I wish I could set the bar low :D Unfortunately for me I have some stiff competition with the other people who were hired in the department, two of which are seasoned teachers, and one is a freak of nature who's certified in like 3 subjects. I have to make myself as invaluable as possible to combat the possibility of layoffs since the county has been on a pay freeze for the past few years. This place is almost heading in the direction NY is already neck deep in.

Ah-well, on the upside my school is f-word awesome and the staff I've met so far is extremely friendly, not to mention the other "newbies" in my department seem like good people. We're having a department picnic tomorrow, which should be fun.

Fun facts about working in a technical high school:

-They will fix my car and change the oil/brakes/tires
-We pay no labor charge for this
-We get special state pricing for the materials which is all we pay for
-Free pet grooming
-Heavily reduced pricing on flowers
-Heavily reduced pricing on custom invitations, thank you cards, anything else that you could want printed
-An in school restaurant ($3 for an entree, $2 for a sandwhich) Everything made fresh that day, including soups and rolls
-Coffee club ($25 for the year and you get all the coffee, tea, iced tea, and lemonade you can drink)
-A CAD department, machine shop, and wood shop that will make pretty much whatever you want with enough begging and pleading. Last year their wood shop, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc departments built a fully functional and green certified house.

Overall things are good and I keep getting told I'm at one of the best schools to be at in the county. So I've been working extra hard to not get fired :D

The GF and I are doing well and I've already started pestering her and wearing her down about adding a little furbaby to our family next spring. On a slightly sadder, tangential note, our furbaby whom we had to leave with my parents continues his downward slide. Slowly, but unfortunately pretty consistently. I really hope he makes it until Thanksgiving, which looks like the earliest we'll be able to get home.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Very sad to hear about your buddy, Fuzz. I hope that you get home at least one more time to see him.

The school amenities seem perfect for you, though. We all know that you're going to have them build speakers and at least one sub...which is where the inexpensive flowers come in. :D

Speaking of which...you didn't mention the great pricing on flowers and invitations to your GF, did you? :eek: ;)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Very sad to hear about your buddy, Fuzz. I hope that you get home at least one more time to see him.
Thanks man. From what my parents tell me he's still in the "tough decision" area because he's still in good spirits, so hopefully that means he's got plenty of time left. Maybe even enough to meet a new brother or sister.

The school amenities seem perfect for you, though. We all know that you're going to have them build speakers and at least one sub...which is where the inexpensive flowers come in. :D

Speaking of which...you didn't mention the great pricing on flowers and invitations to your GF, did you? :eek: ;)
Yea, you should've seen how big my eyes got when I saw those CNC machines. Needless to say, the longer I'm employed there, the greater the odds a few projects will pass through the wood shop. ;)

She's already heard about the wedding invitations and thank you cards from a colleague of mine during the orientation conference. That barsted.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
She's already heard about the wedding invitations and thank you cards from a colleague of mine during the orientation conference. That barsted.
Why fight it? Might as well just propose at the picnic tomorrow. :)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Why fight it? Might as well just propose at the picnic tomorrow. :)
Well... this is all so sudden.
I mean, if you can fly in from Arizona and have someone to watch Nikki. You can probably make the picnic on time.
I'm sure Fuzz's GF will be devastated.....

Oh.... wait. You were talking about Fuzz and his GF.
Okay, never mind.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The only ring I can afford right now is a ring pop. I don't think she would be amused :eek:
Can you imagine if you put a real ring inside of that wrapper? She'd probably flip out once she opened it. Before that, though, it might actually be lighter than the candy when it gets whipped at your head - that'll throw her aim off.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Can you imagine if you put a real ring inside of that wrapper? She'd probably flip out once she opened it. Before that, though, it might actually be lighter than the candy when it gets whipped at your head - that'll throw her aim off.
I may use that someday. Someday far far away, in a land where we're debt free and have a little savings to boot :p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
They could learn something ... from their mistakes. Let them work on their parents' cars.
I'd be more worried if they didn't have a brand new $40,000 diagnostic machine that is capable of walking them through step by step exactly what to do and correcting any errors they make. The place is pretty high tech. In fact, I wish I could've gone there in high school because I could've had a pretty darn good job about 6 years ago if that place was an option. These types of schools should be everywhere, the programs they offer are amazing, along with the skills a kid could walk out of here with. I'm envious for sure.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis