Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I think I need to be done buying any kind of electronics on ebay. Idiots do not know how to package anything. This is the third item I have purchased where the shipper just put the item in the box with little to no padding whatsoever. My CD player came with a nice big dent in the top. Granted the item was 20 bucks but I paid 30 for shipping and this is how they package it.:mad:

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think I need to be done buying any kind of electronics on ebay. Idiots do not know how to package anything. This is the third item I have purchased where the shipper just put the item in the box with little to no padding whatsoever. My CD player came with a nice big dent in the top. Granted the item was 20 bucks but I paid 30 for shipping and this is how they package it.:mad:
Uggg, that's got to be frustrating. I was pretty lucky with my NHT speakers from eBay. Even though the guy just wrapped them in cardboard (gloss black finish without any soft material between it and the cardboard), they didn't get too overly scratched up.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yup. I bought something from a person on HERE and it showed up in the original box but was fairly heavily damaged and the item had some broken parts. I was able to repair it myself, but the seller offered no answers, compensation or even a claim. It was sold as new and when it arrived, it was clear it was not because it had dark fingerprints on it and the package was resealed. Despite that, it is still working fine today :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Uggg, that's got to be frustrating. I was pretty lucky with my NHT speakers from eBay. Even though the guy just wrapped them in cardboard (gloss black finish without any soft material between it and the cardboard), they didn't get too overly scratched up.
I would have had words for that person. You were very lucky there was no major damage. How far did the have to go to get to you?

Yup. I bought something from a person on HERE and it showed up in the original box but was fairly heavily damaged and the item had some broken parts. I was able to repair it myself, but the seller offered no answers, compensation or even a claim. It was sold as new and when it arrived, it was clear it was not because it had dark fingerprints on it and the package was resealed. Despite that, it is still working fine today :)
Is that person still here? I can give them a time out.;)

I do have a satisfactory resolution. He refunded me the money and canceled the ebay transaction. So I have a free damaged CD player. Maybe I can send it to Alex and see if he can fix it.:D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I do have a satisfactory resolution. He refunded me the money and canceled the ebay transaction. So I have a free damaged CD player. Maybe I can send it to Alex and see if he can fix it.:D
It'll cost you more than you'd be willing to live with...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's not just the vendors - the shipping companies seem to go out of their way to damage the goods. Do they just ask their employees to do too much, forcing them to rush and having to toss things around? Or, do the employees just not give a sh!t?

I must be pretty fortunate, as I've never had anything damaged by shippers.

If you've never heard about this one, just Google "United Breaks Guitars".

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
It's not just the vendors - the shipping companies seem to go out of their way to damage the goods. Do they just ask their employees to do too much, forcing them to rush and having to toss things around? Or, do the employees just not give a sh!t?

I must be pretty fortunate, as I've never had anything damaged by shippers.

If you've never heard about this one, just Google "United Breaks Guitars".
I know if I worked in shipping I'd be sure to single out certain addresses for abuse. :D

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
i think we need a moment of silence for my lighter.... he was a good man... :(

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Happy B-Day Alex (fuzz092888)! ...or as Adam calls you "Little Fuzzy".:D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
The Ryder Cup is on.:)

I've become quietly addicted to golf. In my third year and my handicap is down to 14 or so. Where is Adwilk when I want to talk golf.

Wife doesn't know it but I bought a whole new set of clubs yesterday and sold my existing ones.:cool::D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Almost stepped on a scorpion in the bathroom this morning. Glad that I noticed what appeared to be a smudge on the floor and decided to take a closer look.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Almost stepped on a scorpion in the bathroom this morning. Glad that I noticed what appeared to be a smudge on the floor and decided to take a closer look.
I think I would have created another "smudge" on the floor... Guess it's a good thing I don't live in AZ.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis