Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Random (Boring) Interesting Facts

I would've posted these in the 'interesting' thread, if we had one.:D

A googol is a large number. the digit 1 followed by one hundred zeros: 10,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000.

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

The most common name in the world is Mohammed.

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

The 57 on Heinz ketchup bottles represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once had.

The bagpipe was originally made from the whole skin of a dead sheep.

No piece of normal-size paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.

2,520 can be divided by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 without having a fractional leftover

It is unknown if odd perfect numbers exist

A perfect number is a number whose divisors add up to itself such as 28: 1+2+4+7+14=28

5% of the world population lives in the US but 22% of the world's prisons population are held in the US.

If you walk outside George Orwell's old house in London you are now captured on surveillance cameras 33 times.

Approximately 105 million bicycles are made every year. This is double the number of motor cars made every year.

In Chinese the words for 'crisis' and 'opportunity' are the same.

The Netherlands has the highest rate of cycling with an average of 2.5 Km per day per person. In the US, this rate is 0.1 Km per person. In the UK 0.2Km (cycling facts)

The Rhubarb Triangle is a small area in West Yorkshire between Wakefield, Morley and Rothwell. At one time, the 'Rhubarb triangle' produced 90% of the world's forced winter rhubarb. (Yorkshire Facts)

Everything weighs one per cent less at the equator.

The mosquito has killed more human beings than any other animal.

Birmingham(UK) has 22 more miles of canals than Venice.

9 out of every 10 living thing lives in the ocean.

Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian Pharoahs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.

HThere have been over 2,00 known nuclear bomb explosions since World War Two.

A snail's reproductive organs are in it's head.

An adult giraffe´s kick is so powerful it can decapitate a lion.

The largest toy distributor in the world is Mcdonalds.

The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and Britain in 1896.Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.

Each king in a pack of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades-King David , Clubs-Alexander the Great ,Hearts-Charlamagne and Diamonds-Julius Caeser.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I would've posted these in the 'interesting' thread, if we had one.:D
I'd say that we should create one...but it might not get even one reply. :D

Poor mosquito, always getting blamed for what other microorganisms or viruses are doing.

That we know of. Humans know a lot, but the amount of stuff that we don't know would be underestimated by a googol. :)

Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian Pharoahs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.
Makes you wonder what else they ate. :eek: "Where's Bob?" "He's in the loo. Too much mummy, I suppose."

HThere have been over 2,00 known nuclear bomb explosions since World War Two.
I see that they were taking submissions from Bryce. :D

The shortest war in history was between Zanzibar and Britain in 1896.Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
I disagree. My war with the school bully was over in about two. I stood up to him, realized my mistake, attempted negotiations, and then surrendered shortly after having a fist planted in my stomach. :p

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
"Look, I've boned a lot of fat chicks in my time, sure. But as far back as I can remember, I've never fornicated anybody".

As wrong as it may be...My wife and I watch Bad Santa every Christmas...

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Was just asked who would win in a fight between batman and the ninja turtles. My brain exploded.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Was just asked who would win in a fight between batman and the ninja turtles. My brain exploded.
And the response question is ... Burton or Nolan Batman?

Steve

P.S. If they answer that then Turtles and Batman, respectively.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Your the Internet bulley Adam :(
Hey, you know that I'm kidding! :)

Besides, I'm not dumb enough to bully anyone from Australia. I'm skinny...and I've seen what happens. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Arrggg! I just finished recording video for a review of a griddle, in which I made pancakes and eggs. If anything every screamed for a Niki cameo, this was it. I had the camera all set up to record her munching on pancakes, with a nicely framed background and with the envisioned caption, "Adam tested, Niki approved"...but she didn't want any!
Okay, I made pancakes again today for lunch JUST to get her on camera eating some. I finally did...but here's one of the outtakes. :D

"What is this swill? :eek: This isn't chicken!"

<embed width="640" height="480" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://www.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr229/adam_ah/Nikiouttake_zpsd62a2122.mp4"></embed>

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Hey, you know that I'm kidding! :)

Besides, I'm not dumb enough to bully anyone from Australia. I'm skinny...and I've seen what happens. :eek:

Yeah we do snap I rember back to the school days was allways thumping some bloke for looking at me sideways I bashed the year 9 bulley that was 2 years older then me I broke his nose and really hurt him

Last edited by a moderator:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
i would've posted these in the 'interesting' thread, if we had one.:d

a googol is a large number. The digit 1 followed by one hundred zeros: 10,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000,*000.

Typewriter is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

The most common name in the world is mohammed.

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

the 57 on heinz ketchup bottles represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once had.

The bagpipe was originally made from the whole skin of a dead sheep.

No piece of normal-size paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.

2,520 can be divided by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 without having a fractional leftover

it is unknown if odd perfect numbers exist

a perfect number is a number whose divisors add up to itself such as 28: 1+2+4+7+14=28

5% of the world population lives in the us but 22% of the world's prisons population are held in the us.

If you walk outside george orwell's old house in london you are now captured on surveillance cameras 33 times.

Approximately 105 million bicycles are made every year. This is double the number of motor cars made every year.

In chinese the words for 'crisis' and 'opportunity' are the same.

The netherlands has the highest rate of cycling with an average of 2.5 km per day per person. In the us, this rate is 0.1 km per person. In the uk 0.2km (cycling facts)

the rhubarb triangle is a small area in west yorkshire between wakefield, morley and rothwell. At one time, the 'rhubarb triangle' produced 90% of the world's forced winter rhubarb. (yorkshire facts)

everything weighs one per cent less at the equator.

Birmingham(uk) has 22 more miles of canals than venice.

Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of egyptian pharoahs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.

Hthere have been over 2,00 known nuclear bomb explosions since world war two.

A snail's reproductive organs are in it's head.

An adult giraffe´s kick is so powerful it can decapitate a lion.

The largest toy distributor in the world is mcdonalds.

The shortest war in history was between zanzibar and britain in 1896.zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.

Each king in a pack of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades-king david , clubs-alexander the great ,hearts-charlamagne and diamonds-julius caeser.
absolutely great stuff :d

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu is the Māori name for a hill, 305 metres (1,001 ft) high, close to Porangahau, south of Waipukurau in southern Hawke's Bay, New Zealand.

The name on the sign that marks the hill is "Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenua*kitanatahu", which translates roughly as "The summit where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, the climber of mountains, the land-swallower who travelled about, played his nose flute to his loved one". At 85 letters, it has been listed in the Guinness World Records as the longest place name in the entire world.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Okay, I made pancakes again today for lunch JUST to get her on camera eating some. I finally did...but here's one of the outtakes. :D

"What is this swill? :eek: This isn't chicken!"
Lets see if I can get this to work:

Apparently not as well as Adam...I suck.

Last edited:
Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
That's one awesome pooch!
I can't really ask for much better. He's generally pretty easy going, gives me a good welcome when I get home, and is good for cleanup after dinner with the kid :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Couple shots of Mr. Awesome:

In his element:

Snow!

And one for Adam: yes, I can in fact make this at home, and not from a box. Be jealous.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
And one for Adam: yes, I can in fact make this at home, and not from a box. Be jealous.
Jealous? Sympathetic is more like it. "Awww, Steve's internet went down again." :p

I used to make my own pizza. In college. Then I tried this little thing called, "making money." :D

Oh, of course that's not the real reason. I just got lazier. And, well, frozen pizza got pretty darn good. Then, I could afford to buy delivered pizza (which was a rare and wondrous thing in college).

I made some pizza from America's Test Kitchen earlier this year. The dough had to sit in the fridge for 24 hours. I also made the sauce from scratch, and topped it off with ground pork that I cooked up. Yeah, I'm never doing that s*** again. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis