Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I'm glad that nothing bad happened, Harald!

My car also has a low-tire pressure monitor. I like the ones that actually state the tire pressure better, but mine will alert me when it drops below some level (I forget what).

Btw, are you sure that you stated that right? 2.2 psi is very low pressure. Typically, tires are around 30+ psi.
Thanks Adam, it's 2.2 bar

The BMW's sensors work by comparing rotation speed of tyres and if one of the tyres has a higher rotation speed the alarm goes off, perhaps it may not be 100% correct always as it may go off in slippery conditions too actually...

But in general it's very good stuff :p

Last edited:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I have now started the process of going through Rickster71's jokes in the "joke thead" starting at the oldets ones......

LOL ..... I'm crwaling on the floor from some of these jokes :D
Thanks Harald.
I contribute all that I know....a few jokes and a marginal knowledge of women.

:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks Harald.
I contribute all that I know....a few jokes and a marginal knowledge of women.

:D
Please go on, you already made many people in my social circle crawling on the floor laughing from your jokes :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
We were saved by the electronic safety systems in our BMW 3 series coupe.....

The alarm that monitors tyre pressure went off giving a red signal, I realized the air pressure was low and going to petrol station to check and pressure was at a low 0.8 psi, when normal should be 2.2 psi. I corrected air pressure and constantly monitored, to realize that next day the air pressure dropped to 1.4 psi, again fixed this and called the "tyre guys" to verify....

Next morning I got in to the tyre shop and they found a screw in the tyre that was almost impossible to see from the outside....
They plugged the tyre and now it's fine, I can only imagine what could be if we continued driving, probably would end up with an exploding tyre, I would be fine as I'm sure I would be able to handle this (I done this before several times) but the thought of my fiancée getting into a troubled situation with an exploding tyre in a middle of a high speed turn is not something I wanna think about.

Thanks to BMW for nice electronics in the cars :-D
Did you mean to say "bar"?;) 0.8 psi would be flat as a pancake.

Oops! Never mind, I see that you already corrected yourself.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm glad that nothing bad happened, Harald!

My car also has a low-tire pressure monitor. I like the ones that actually state the tire pressure better, but mine will alert me when it drops below some level (I forget what).

Btw, are you sure that you stated that right? 2.2 psi is very low pressure. Typically, tires are around 30+ psi.
Thanks Adam, it's 2.2 bar

The BMW's sensors work by comparing rotation speed of tyres and if one of the tyres has a higher rotation speed the alarm goes off, perhaps it may not be 100% correct always as it may go off in slippery conditions too actually...

But in general it's very good stuff :p
2.2 bar = 32.362 psi (damn engineers...:D)

http://www.unit-conversion.info/pressure.html

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
i really doubt most people wreck their first car... around here most peoples first cars are already pretty wrecked. ill probably get up the courage to discuss this with my dad one day soon and hopefully he's in a good mood when i do.

also... i may have found a way around the insurance.... i just got a quote for $240/year online. not sure if it will really work out very well but its given me hope. basically my dad gets it insured as his bike and then im just an occasional rider or whatever they would call it. i guess if you factor in his past driving record it might up it to about $500 but thats still a manageable price..
If you can get the insurance down that would make this a much better proposition.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
2.2 bar = 32.362 psi (damn engineers...:D)
what do you mean... damn engineers... I'm an engineer :p

Yes ask, that Canadian pilot that filled fuel into the airplane according to imperial units (read pounds), while they filled liters.... he did a serious miscalculation so he got less than half the fuel he expected.... ending up with an airplane without fuel in an area where you couldn't land....

Of course he crashed and killed a lot of people, but saved himself I believe, he ended up in Jail for serious recklessness....

Less dangerous with tire pressure problems though .....

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Instead of using a car to get back and forth to Boston I am thinking of using a skateboard for that 45 mile commute because it would be way cheaper on gas and skateboards are fun.
It might take awhile...

Last edited by a moderator:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
what do you mean... damn engineers... I'm an engineer :p

Yes ask, that Canadian pilot that filled fuel into the airplane according to imperial units (read pounds), while they filled liters.... he did a serious miscalculation so he got less than half the fuel he expected.... ending up with an airplane without fuel in an area where you couldn't land....

Of course he crashed and killed a lot of people, but saved himself I believe, he ended up in Jail for serious recklessness....

Less dangerous with tire pressure problems though .....
I don't recall that one.:confused: Have you heard of this one?

Gimli Glider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Sachs MadAss 125

I want one.:cool:

I don't know what I'd use it for but I think it's cool.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Instead of using a car to get back and forth to Boston I am thinking of using a skateboard for that 45 mile commute because it would be way cheaper on gas and skateboards are fun.
now thats a stupid idea... a bike is cheap, fun and fast.... ninja 250r is fast enough for me to lose my licence in about a minute if i tried

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
it cant even reach Canadian highway speeds :eek: thats pretty much a scooter.... but an awesome looking one at that...
Yeah I know it's top speed is 50-55MPH so it's not for the highway but it is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis