Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
A scooter won't get me 28km to school in a reasonable amount of time.... And the cool factor matters no matter what...
I don't get why everyone (except avnetguy:)) is so against it. Like it doesn't have to be the worlds most practical and reliable vehicle... Im 16.. I can take the bus in the winter... Like it or not I know a ninja 250 is gonna be fun and that's important too. In a year and a half (if I'm lucky) when I'm done school I can get something more practical but for now I want something that can get me where I want to go (if the weather is good) and will also be fun. No s*** a car is more reliable than bike but for less than $25000 they aren't any fun. Im 16... Fun matters. I feel like I'm arguing with my parents here... Except my mom likes the idea as long as I get good grades. My dads a biker so I'm sure he wouldn't mind if we had something in common for once.
Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.

I can't say I advise the purchase after this post. Even the most responsible teens I know I would advise to get an non-fun car instead of a bike because most people wreck their first vehicle I would hate that to be a bike. Has your dad showed you the ropes and given you a chance to learn on his bike?

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.

I can't say I advise the purchase after this post. Even the most responsible teens I know I would advise to get an non-fun car instead of a bike because most people wreck their first vehicle I would hate that to be a bike. Has your dad showed you the ropes and given you a chance to learn on his bike?
i really doubt most people wreck their first car... around here most peoples first cars are already pretty wrecked. ill probably get up the courage to discuss this with my dad one day soon and hopefully he's in a good mood when i do.

also... i may have found a way around the insurance.... i just got a quote for $240/year online. not sure if it will really work out very well but its given me hope. basically my dad gets it insured as his bike and then im just an occasional rider or whatever they would call it. i guess if you factor in his past driving record it might up it to about $500 but thats still a manageable price..

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
i really doubt most people wreck their first car... around here most peoples first cars are already pretty wrecked. ill probably get up the courage to discuss this with my dad one day soon and hopefully he's in a good mood when i do.

also... i may have found a way around the insurance.... i just got a quote for $240/year online. not sure if it will really work out very well but its given me hope. basically my dad gets it insured as his bike and then im just an occasional rider or whatever they would call it. i guess if you factor in his past driving record it might up it to about $500 but thats still a manageable price..
500 a year is dirt cheap. If you can't afford anything near there, you need to re-evaluate anyways.

BTW, I appreciate your effort to keep this thread boring, but I'm bored of your dilemma. :p Just kidding man.. good luck

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I ordered myself an iPad today. I don't need one, or really want one - but my buddy who was in the same boat was giving me a tough time because I wasn't ordering one, so I told him, "Fine. I'll buy one if you do." The bastard had it on order within about two minutes. :eek: So, mine will be here next Friday. :D

(I did hold off on ordering until he called his wife to see if he'd be in trouble, as he could cancel the order. :) She was fine with it, so I ordered mine.)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I ordered myself an iPad today. I don't need one, or really want one - but my buddy who was in the same boat was giving me a tough time because I wasn't ordering one, so I told him, "Fine. I'll buy one if you do." The bastard had it on order within about two minutes. :eek: So, mine will be here next Friday. :D

(I did hold off on ordering until he called his wife to see if he'd be in trouble, as he could cancel the order. :) She was fine with it, so I ordered mine.)
Thats the gayest story I've ever heard.

NTTAWWT

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Instead of using a car to get back and forth to Boston I am thinking of using a skateboard for that 45 mile commute because it would be way cheaper on gas and skateboards are fun.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

The iPad2, or the new one? I gather they aren't calling it the iPad3.

And, you're ordering one because your buddy made you do it? I think you need to get some pads without the "i".:rolleyes:

:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I have now started the process of going through Rickster71's jokes in the "joke thead" starting at the oldets ones......

LOL ..... I'm crwaling on the floor from some of these jokes :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The iPad2, or the new one? I gather they aren't calling it the iPad3.
The new one. I got the cheapest entry point - the 16GB wifi version.

And, you're ordering one because your buddy made you do it? I think you need to get some pads without the "i".:rolleyes:
I'm sure that I set that story up wrong, but clearly we both just wanted something to push us over the edge to buy one. :D

I'm not as excited about buying one as I would be if I didn't have the Air, but I have been curious about tablets for a while, so I don't regret the decision. Plus, if it follows the supply shortages of the last one, I shouldn't have any trouble selling it if I decide that I don't want it.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
We were saved by the electronic safety systems in our BMW 3 series coupe.....

The alarm that monitors tyre pressure went off giving a red signal, I realized the air pressure was low and going to petrol station to check and pressure was at a low 0.8 psi, when normal should be 2.2 psi. I corrected air pressure and constantly monitored, to realize that next day the air pressure dropped to 1.4 psi, again fixed this and called the "tyre guys" to verify....

Next morning I got in to the tyre shop and they found a screw in the tyre that was almost impossible to see from the outside....
They plugged the tyre and now it's fine, I can only imagine what could be if we continued driving, probably would end up with an exploding tyre, I would be fine as I'm sure I would be able to handle this (I done this before several times) but the thought of my fiancée getting into a troubled situation with an exploding tyre in a middle of a high speed turn is not something I wanna think about.

Thanks to BMW for nice electronics in the cars :-D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Instead of using a car to get back and forth to Boston I am thinking of using a skateboard for that 45 mile commute because it would be way cheaper on gas and skateboards are fun.
Alex finally lost it :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm glad that nothing bad happened, Harald!

My car also has a low-tire pressure monitor. I like the ones that actually state the tire pressure better, but mine will alert me when it drops below some level (I forget what).

Btw, are you sure that you stated that right? 2.2 psi is very low pressure. Typically, tires are around 30+ psi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis