Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I could have a shot at work, but it has to be past 6pm.... I think it's 6pm in Manila

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I work 8:00 to 5:00 kind of... When the boy is in school I get him on the bus which arrives at 8:20. Work if 15 minutes from home for now. We are moving to a new building which is 11 minutes from home.:) I'm a salary employee and I stay late often and work from a remote desktop from home also when necessary. So there is good and bad.

Yesterday I worked from 8:20 till 7:45. I also worked through lunch.

...and yes Adam... I'm posting from work!:p
8:35am to 8:45pm today...took 30 minute lunch though.

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
I'm exempt, salary and on call 24/7. I'm always at work :mad:

And yes Adam, I too am posting from work. But what else is new :p
(somebody has to pay me to moderate you guys)
Oh yeah, I remember work before I retired :D so now I never get to post from work.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You guys put in some long days! I suppose that I'm not that much different, but luckily I don't normally have to put in days like that. I'm usually around 11-12 hours/day (including the two-hour commute), but I normally don't get work calls at home (sometimes, but rarely).

On a different note, I find myself extremely relieved now that Niki has stopped licking her paws (she's was at it last night, all morning, and was still doing it when I got home tonight). She even put off dinner because she wouldn't stop. She's just laying down looking sleepy right now, which is a nice change.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
OS X 10.7.2 downloading now.

I sure hope that it fixes the issue where my Air won't connect to my wifi when it wakes up.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
OS X 10.7.2 downloading now.

I sure hope that it fixes the issue where my Air won't connect to my wifi when it wakes up.
Think I found what the problem is, it's made by Apple :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I took the day off today. Niki licked her front paw pads pretty raw yesterday while I was at work, so I want to watch her. Luckily, she seems to be done with that, and she took a better-than-usual walk this morning - so things are looking up.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I went to the store tonight and almost bought one of these:

But for about the same price bought 30 of these:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I took the day off today. Niki licked her front paw pads pretty raw yesterday while I was at work, so I want to watch her. Luckily, she seems to be done with that, and she took a better-than-usual walk this morning - so things are looking up.
I like to watch females lick things too.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief

Don't start buying good beer (although Paulaner isn't that great), it'll ruin you. I started on these ****ing high end beers and now I can't drink regular beers like Miller Lite and Bud Light and other **** I used to love. Now I'm a prick and have to ask restaurants 'what beers they have' and pay like 4 bucks EACH for a damn beer at the liquor store (which mine has like four beer isles since beer got popular down here, carries TONS of stuff). Now my friend did point out that since the stuff I drink is like 10% alcohol, drinking two is like having a six pack of light beer hehe. But, still, don't go down that road. It's expensive and you'll be 'that guy' in the restaurant.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Awe... screw it. Life is too short to settle for crap beer. Drink the good stuff. Be 'that guy'. What do you care what strangers think? You'll never see them again anyhow.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
I know haha. Problem is sometimes they don't have good beer, and I can barely get down light beer anymore. So if they don't have something I can tolerate the convo goes something like this....

"What kind of beer do you have?"

"We have Miller Lite, Corona, Bud Lite and Heineken"

"Okay, I'll have a Coke."

haha.

But, that said, a lot of places are getting much better beers now. Like a place I regular has Chimay on tap now, and if you go during happy hour it's reasonable.

In other news....

My iPhone 4s is here

(I gotta get my numbers off my Blackberry now :) )

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I know haha. Problem is sometimes they don't have good beer, and I can barely get down light beer anymore. So if they don't have something I can tolerate the convo goes something like this....

"What kind of beer do you have?"

"We have Miller Lite, Corona, Bud Lite and Heineken"

"Okay, I'll have a coffee with Baileys."

haha.

But, that said, a lot of places are getting much better beers now. Like a place I regular has Chimay on tap now, and if you go during happy hour it's reasonable.

In other news....

My iPhone 4s is here

(I gotta get my numbers off my Blackberry now :) )
Fixed that for me.

Congrats on the new compu..ah... phone. Can't you download all the contacts with a USB mini?

Last edited by a moderator:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan

Went NOT to the shop today too, and did NOT buy one of these Steinway Lyngdorf Model D :p

Last edited:
M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Fixed that for me.

Congrats on the new compu..ah... phone. Can't you download all the contacts with a USB mini?
Turned out to be pretty easy. Syched the blackberry and then the iPhone read them off my contacts.

Yeah, actually Siri has already been helpful in reminding me of stuff. My memory is well....hazy heheh

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Drank four of those MGD 64s tonight. They're like flavored water, but I knew that going in. So why did I buy them? Good ****ing question. :D So, 256 calories later, I have zero buzz. What's the point?

Tomorrow...I buy better beer. I've become a fan of Landshark, but they weren't on sale last night.

So, Sensi, any recommendations? :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Drank four of those MGD 64s tonight. They're like flavored water, but I knew that going in. So why did I buy them? Good ****ing question. :D So, 256 calories later, I have zero buzz. What's the point?

Tomorrow...I buy better beer. I've become a fan of Landshark, but they weren't on sale last night.

So, Sensi, any recommendations? :)
I'm not Sensi and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but I'd suggest (since your beers seem to be on the milder side) Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

If you want something really good find some Ommegang Three Philosophers. Hold on to your hat though...it's 9.8% ABV.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis