Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I just finished doing homework for my Network+ class. Tough assignment.:rolleyes: Figure out how much Cat5e/6 cable is needed. Price it out. Find the right tools. Submit.

-pat
By the time we know all about cat6 I guess there will be cat7 or 8 or 9.... speed is going up, up, up, up ..... read about tests with 200Gb/s network speed....

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
By the time we know all about cat6 I guess there will be cat7 or 8 or 9.... speed is going up, up, up, up ..... read about tests with 200Gb/s network speed....
Me being lazy - any specific sites/blogs to look at for those?

-pat

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan

-pat
So sorry mate,,,,

Read it in a Norwegian newspaper (computerworld) will try to find this and see if I can translate......

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan

-pat
The story is a bit different from what I remembered.....

So two different scientist groups have independently researched what is an incredibly quick network, or how about 100 terabit/s.... with this speed you can transfer 250 doublesided blueray discs in one second!!.... is that enough for you guys :p

First group is some guys at NEC using 370 lasers to feed a 165 kilometer fiber-cable, it's said that Ing Wang at NEC labs in Princeton NJ was presenting this.....

Research institute in Tokyo succeeded using another approach by having seven independent fibre-links that each is good for 15.7 Tb/s, for a total of 109,2 TB/s

So both of these testes were presented in a networking conference in LA recently
Perhaps a search on “New Scientist” may provide you more about these things.

Anyways, this is far from the copper cables we're using for Ethernet, and I can only guess about cost, well I can really not guess because it's probably astronomical for now, but in future it seems like there's no limit to what speeds are possible .-)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I like rabits with lasers shooting out of their nose.

(But turtles are better)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Do I get to play with your knobs?
You shouldn't be playing with them yourself you know. I've heard that it can cause blindness.
:cool:

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Do I get to play with your knobs?
You shouldn't be playing with them yourself you know. I've heard that it can cause blindness.
:cool:
everytime you play with your "knobs" god kills a kitten .. or so i heard

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
This is seriously awesome

So you’re walking along the beach, daydreaming, and you think to yourself “How much more fun would it be if I could get up on some weird contraption and fly around at 17 miles an hour just below the surface of the water while children, families, and the elderly scatter in front of me like vanquished enemies?”

Well you’re in luck because this wild-looking vehicle will offer you that privilege for a mere $500. As you see from the video below, the vehicle offers a graceful and tactful way to skip across a pond like a huge freak, bouncing around on a flimsy-looking hydrofoil thinger that will inevitably cause you to flip over and spill your beer.

The best thing? You can never stop jumping:

If you stop jumping, eventually, you will end up in the water. Not so bad on a hot, sunny day! In order to keep the AquaSkipper up out of the water, the rider needs to either be jumping on the platform or riding a wave. A rider can glide for small amounts of time, but then needs to start jumping again.

Summer fun, indeed.

http://www.gadgetsandgear.com/aquaskipper.html
via
http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/06/24/aquaskipper-hydrofoil-human-powered-for-your-pleasure/

Last edited by a moderator:
majorloser

majorloser

The only thing that would have made that interesting is if they could get a chick with a HUGE rack to ride that things. I'm thinking some serious visuals there. :D

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis