Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
DP ... I thought it stood for dipole. :rolleyes:
Riiiiiiight....

So I go to rewire and rearrange some stuff to do with the new subs, amp and computer. First the song in my sig won't play. I finally figure out to try restarting my computer and viola ... we're back in business. Then the bass cuts out. Turns out my amp doesn't like being stood on it's side and it's thermal protection circuit cuts off the output. So I moved it. Then I heard a hum. Turns out one of the channels got cranked to max output. No wonder it sounded a little loud in the bass region. Now I have it turned to about the half way point and I swapped out the RCA cable and tried plugging it into 3 different surge strips in the area and it still has a little hum ... oh well. I'm tired of messing around with it and have opted to just listen to some music.
You should be able to stick wires wherever you feel like - it'll still work fine:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74627

:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I set my alarm for 4. I wake at 1. I think it's 4 and turn off my alarm. While making coffee I realize that I can't tell time but make the coffee anyway because I like coffee ... a lot. I'm going to lay down for a little bit. I'm exhausted. :rolleyes:

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Back from an incredibly nice Pentecost in Kiev..... I believe that I need some good excersizes after all this treatment with lots of good food :p

Highlight is pancakes with cottage cheese :D

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I set my alarm for 4. I wake at 1. I think it's 4 and turn off my alarm. While making coffee I realize that I can't tell time but make the coffee anyway because I like coffee ... a lot. I'm going to lay down for a little bit. I'm exhausted. :rolleyes:
Did you ever get back up at 4?:eek:

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
"Debbie" Davemcc (with makeup)

Pull yourself together man!:p
I couldn't figure out why my name came up until I watched the video. The funniest part is that I don't even like having cats. My wife is the crazy cat lady. I'm just waiting patiently for them to die (of natural causes of course).:D

Last edited by a moderator:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I couldn't figure out why my name came up until I watched the video. The funniest part is that I don't even like having cats. My wife is the crazy cat lady. I'm just waiting patiently for them to die (of natural causes of course).:D
That's funny! and here I thought you just sat around stroking cats all day and night.:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Spent all Friday evening from 6pm till Saturday Morning at 08:40 sailing a regatta (finishing time of race was 13 hours, 20 minutes), mostly all the time it was raining cats and dogs, freezing temperatures and dominantly exceedingly low wind speeds.... Don't remember last time I was so cold for such a long time even if I pulled with me all my warmest clothes, at a point in time I probably looked like a jelly bear :p

Doesn't help so much with warm clothes whenever everything gets so wet..... the biggest regret was that I did not bring with me my warmest winter gloves that I use for skiing, but I never imagined such equipment would be necessary for sailing :eek:

Already used all the wool-socks that I brought for the whole sailing weekend, return-regatta starts Sunday morning :p

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Don't remember last time I was so cold for such a long time
The amp I spent all day messing with would have kept you and half your navy warm. It's kind of like a winter amp. Unfortunately it's June and I don't live at the North Pole.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Just finished "Pan's Labrynth." Much different than I was first anticipating. Still...Wow.

-pat

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
The amp I spent all day messing with would have kept you and half your navy warm. It's kind of like a winter amp. Unfortunately it's June and I don't live at the North Pole.
Well, second day of sailing was good, as we could even see what we call the Sun.....
Nice condition, good steady wind and not soooo cold

Unfortunately the amps represent a problem because we don't have that amount of power in the sailing boat to be able to keep the amps running..... but thanks for suggestion Alex :cool:

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I just finished doing homework for my Network+ class. Tough assignment.:rolleyes: Figure out how much Cat5e/6 cable is needed. Price it out. Find the right tools. Submit.

-pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis