Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't need RF, but that URC MX-5000 is one bad mutha. At about $1k, though, I'm going to pass. :)

Matt34

Matt34

I don't need RF, but that URC MX-5000 is one bad mutha. At about $1k, though, I'm going to pass. :)
Oh, come on Adam, a single guy like you with a dog that hunts her own food....what else you have to spend money on?:p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm once again tempted to buy a Harmony One.

I must let the moment pass and save a couple hundred dollars...
Two more hours to order from Amazon and get it tomorrow. If it wasn't an extra $7 for Saturday delivery, I think that I would have done it already. :)

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
go for it ....

Two more hours to order from Amazon and get it tomorrow. If it wasn't an extra $7 for Saturday delivery, I think that I would have done it already. :)
We'll take up a collection for the extra $7 :D

Forest Man

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, Alex. I appreciate that. I'm all about the flashy, though. The Harmony One just looks cool to me with the color touch screen. True, I could just get fresh batteries for my learning remote from the Pioneer VSX-1015 (which actually works great)...but how am I going to stimulate the economy by doing that? :D

Matt34

Matt34

Ok, riddle me this....I just installed 2x 2gig of ram in my laptop, yet under System in the Control Panel XP is only recognizing 3 gigs?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Ok, riddle me this....I just installed 2x 2gig of ram in my laptop, yet under System in the Control Panel XP is only recognizing 3 gigs?
Which operating system do you have...32bit systems only recognize 3gig if I remember correctly...gotta go to 64bit to use over that....I think.:confused::)

Matt34

Matt34

Which operating system do you have...32bit systems only recognize 3gig if I remember correctly...gotta go to 64bit to use over that....I think.:confused::)
Do they even make a 64bit XP? I'm running the original install of Xp(SP3) that came with it (Dell XPS M1210 laptop).

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm pretty lame with computers but I found this...

Do they even make a 64bit XP? I'm running the original install of Xp(SP3) that came with it (Dell XPS M1210 laptop).
they had / have Windows professional x64 edition

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/64bit/russel_x64faq.mspx

from above:
Understanding 64-bit PCs

If you've gone PC shopping lately, you've probably noticed more computers with 64-bit processors, and you may have wondered what advantages they offer.

Put simply, a 64-bit PC can handle larger amounts of information than a 32-bit system. Since it can use more RAM—4 GB and up—a 64-bit computer can be more responsive when you're running lots of programs at once.

Matt34

Matt34

I bought it in early 07, I think. I don't believe it's a 64bit computer and don't know how to check. I just thought it was weird that the system was only recognizing one and a half sticks of RAM.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I bought it in early 07, I think. I don't believe it's a 64bit computer and don't know how to check. I just thought it was weird that the system was only recognizing one and a half sticks of RAM.
Click the Start Menu, then move your mouse over to where it says "Computer" and /left/ click. Now select "Properties." This will show you your processor and operating system type.

If its a 64bit computer, when you upgrade to Windows 7, make sure you get the 64 bit version.

If your just using the computer for the 'net, it's probably not worth the extra scratch. If you use Photoshop, rendering packages, CAD, and so forth then it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis